Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:07 pm

Author Topic: rear suspension:)  (Read 2383 times)

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
rear suspension:)
« on: 11 November 2012, 10:47:19 am »
right guys im looking into getting prices for rear suspension on my fz6 2005 fazer looked at ohlins and all i can say is :'( nitron is a possiability but hagon looks cheap seen a offspin of WP suspension called yacuca just waiting for pricing anyone have any ideas where i can have a chat about shocks etc thats nearby doncaster
Also the front forks seem to bounce off bumps with quite a bit of force not very pliable does the springs need upgrading as well as oil also seen the preload adjuster on ebay is it worthwhile  or should i go for a r6 fork upgrade ???
cheers

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
Re: rear suspension:)
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2012, 04:08:53 pm »
dave iv got a standard rear sock for sale (off a low miles 99 bike) if you check your insurance if you add a ohlins or similar the price will rocket up(prob over double price!) if you fit a replacement they dont usually effect the price,unless you ride mega fast then a well set up standard is well up to the job,if you do ride mega fast you need to know what your doing setting up another shock as you can make it worse or bloody dangerous!

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2012, 09:30:56 pm »
Ooo been moved soz fargo but have anyone got any ideas on what to get??

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 January 2013, 02:00:41 pm »
Get the best you can afford mate.
Front is relatively easy either way, a set of springs matched to your weight and riding style and oil to match should sort that out nicely. On the rear, I'd personally not buy a Hagon as they don't have seperate compression and rebound damping - that said it's still a very good shock, just the adjustment is limited. Depends entirely on how much adjustment you want really!
Buying new, I think I'd have to go for a Nitron Track (seperate rebound, compression, preload and height adjustment), as that'd do everything you needed unless you started racing basically. Second hand might be an idea, could try keeping an eye out for a used Ohlins to pop up on ebay, even if it needed servicing and resprining it'd add about £150 odd, so might be cheaper that way.
Other brand that might be worth a nose is a German one called "Wilburs", they're also very, very good, and are slightly cheaper than Nitron for the same specced shocks I believe - that said I've had personal experience with Nitron and they are top class in terms of their custom service!
I've also had WP on my last bike, and it was fab once set up - in all honesty though I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference between a well set up Nitron, Ohlins or WP so it's more a case of get what you can  :)

Wilderie

• Cager in Training
  • -
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2013, 03:58:45 pm »

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2013, 01:22:24 pm »
If it were me, I'd buy a basic Nitron emulsion shock, but if Wibers are cheaper then consider them instead.

Another non-vote for Hagon here, have had 2 of their shocks on different bikes and I was distinctly underwhelmed by the 'improvements', despite extensive tinkering with preload etc.