Date: 28-03-24  Time: 14:53 pm

Author Topic: Chain and Sprockets Replacement  (Read 2225 times)

Andy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Chain and Sprockets Replacement
« on: 08 October 2011, 08:09:58 pm »
I removed a chain that was stretched so far it was almost off the rear sprocket :eek
The question I have is, the chain came with a permanent connecting link and a removable clip link which is best?
I've put the removable clip type on for now but as my Fazer is driven at 100mph on a regular basis up the M27 I was worried about shain coming apart  ;)

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
Re: Chain and Sprockets Replacement
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2011, 04:01:37 pm »
Fazer chains can be endless, or one that is bolted together. The bolted one is put together with a chain tool and once it is put together, if it is done right, it should be OK. Mine is such - no problems at all. The endless one is a bit harder to fit since rear fork has to be removed (I think). As long as it is proper strength and legth, it shouldn't matter what kind it is.
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

Andy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2011, 08:59:04 pm »
Thanks Slanair, I've been busy all weekend so she's not been tested yet.
I do have the endless link but no link tool which seem to be in a wide range of styles, price and designs.
I'm taking her on motorway tomorrow for first ride so if I'm not back on forum I'm in plaster :lol

Andy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 October 2011, 02:36:03 pm »
Went to college (mature student :eek ) down the M27 today and the chain was fine, slowly took her to 110 mph and no linkage caoming apart so I'm reasonably happy the clip will stay, only time will tell I suppose?