Date: 29-03-24  Time: 09:21 am

Author Topic: How to get away with murder: Be an American Diplomat's wife...  (Read 19584 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: How to get away with murder: Be an American Diplomat's wife...
« Reply #50 on: 22 November 2019, 09:37:49 am »
Yup kinda sums this government up.  Shocking.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 22 November 2019, 01:26:27 pm »
And we appear to be happy to let the US extradite Assange, but as we know, the 'special relationship' only works in one direction

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 28 November 2019, 02:22:59 pm »
The family of teenage motorcyclist Harry Dunn have launched a legal action against the Foreign Office which they said could cost them “upwards of £50,000”.
[/size]The 19-year-old’s parents submitted a judicial review against the foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, on Wednesday following a long-running dispute over the extension of diplomatic immunity to intelligence staff and their families at RAF Croughton.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 15 December 2019, 01:12:50 pm »
Probably not the greatest idea questioning her while she's reversing her car.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 15 December 2019, 01:24:47 pm »
Safer than being in front of it....

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 16 December 2019, 09:55:11 am »
How about a civilian swap - sounds fair? Send Prince Andrew over the pond to face his accuser, concerning his connection to a paedophilia ring + more, in exchange for this hapless Diplomats wife who happily hits (murders) and runs !?  :foc

Both knew EXACTLY what they were involved in, at the time of the offences.  :2guns

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #57 on: 16 December 2019, 08:06:31 pm »
If they just ask Prince Andrew close protection officer where he was on certain dates it will all be documented. That evidence will either prove his innocence or prove he has questions to answer. He may have assumed she was old enough as she looked much older than 16 but............ ignorance of the law and all that..

As for that woman, Trumptown should never have let he go home
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 17 December 2019, 12:01:22 am »
She was 17 at the time of the (alleged) offense. Legal in the UK, but not in Florida where it happened.

But of course it is not going to happen is it  :rolleyes

Good on Harry's family for keeping up the pressure.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 17 December 2019, 10:04:09 am »
If they just ask Prince Andrew close protection officer where he was on certain dates it will all be documented. That evidence will either prove his innocence or prove he has questions to answer. He may have assumed she was old enough as she looked much older than 16 but............ ignorance of the law and all that..

As for that woman, Trumptown should never have let he go home

Prince Andrews close protection officer, his daughters, the Queen (!) ... you could ask anyone, but the TRUTH would always be hidden/denied. People in the upper echelons of society have ways to silence/influence the media plus minions, even more so when their "reputation" is at stake.

Whatever her age, he (Andrew) was still great chums with the known paedophile (which only stopped because he got found out!) visiting him residence Several times, committed adultery, deceived his family, the list goes on. :)  But we are patriotic - right? Plus its Royalty (gasp) so we'll just brush it under the carpet.

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 17 December 2019, 10:22:14 am »

Good on Harry's family for keeping up the pressure.

Agreed!  :thumbup

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 17 December 2019, 12:46:41 pm »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #62 on: 20 December 2019, 01:44:30 pm »
It looks like she is being charged. Whether it ever leads to a conviction and her paying for her crime is another matter as you can be charged (and sentenced) in your absence but if she never returns to the UK, she is unlikely to actually pay.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50870459
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 20 December 2019, 01:47:28 pm »
Agreed (you beat me to it), The Crown Prosecution Service has now announced it has charged Mrs Sacoolas, 42, with causing death by dangerous driving.

It comes after Northamptonshire Police interviewed Mrs Sacoolas in America and handed their completed file of evidence on Mr Dunn's death to the CPS last month.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 20 December 2019, 03:02:40 pm »
It looks like she is being charged.

Which begs the question why this did not happen in the first place.

I have to say I am a little confused.

There is firstly the question of whether or not Mr Sacoolas’s wife had diplomatic immunity in the first place, as it has been reported that his name does not appear on any such lists.  It has also been reported that he was here in the UK to spy on the UK.

It’s further been reported that Dominic Raab called off the cops as he granted diplomatic immunity to Anne Sacoolas.  Harry’s family have taken legal action against him for doing so, as they claim what he did was wrong.  The government in turn is seeking legal costs from the Dunns for taking legal action against them (no surprise there seeing as we have a Tory government.)

Now I read;
The Foreign Office is to remove an anomaly that helped Sacoolas leave the UK, claiming diplomatic immunity after her car crashed into Harry on 27 August, killing him and prompting a long diplomatic tug of war between the US and the UK.

The foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, is to start talks with the US to end an anomaly whereby family members of US staff based at RAF Croughton appear to have greater protection than the staff themselves.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/20/anne-sacoolas-charged-over-death-of-harry-dunn

Now correct me if I am wrong here, but the crown prosecution service, is now requesting that the home office (who may have wrongly granted Scoolas immunity, but is seeking legal costs from the Dunns for questioning this, whilst discussing with the US bringing an end to any anomalies that have led to this confusion) begin extradition proceedings against Scoolas.

I can’t see her being extradited.  And it looks unlikely she will voluntarily return.

What a mess.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 20 December 2019, 09:51:22 pm »
Thought it was a straightforward extradition 'till I read that,I don't know the ins and outs of these things like you and others here but after reading a few posts I've come to the conclusion that there's next to no chance of her being extradited and unbelievably the Dunns will be lucky to avoid a legal action. :eek
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 20 December 2019, 11:31:29 pm »
I don't know the ins and outs of these things like you and others here
Just following what's the in the press.  Plus some worthwhile commentary on twitter.
It's all pretty confusing to the say the least.
I would guess that the best that can come of it is perhaps, is that Ms Sacoolas will not be able to set foot in the UK again without fear of arrest.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #67 on: 21 December 2019, 02:17:41 am »

Only four months after the event...

It won't make any difference, of course.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 21 December 2019, 05:49:33 am »

There you go, now you need to retain that mindset in regards to Corbyn losing, you're slowly getting the hang of things now  :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 21 December 2019, 11:25:14 am »
Quote from: Grahamm on Today at 02:17:41 AM<blockquote>Quote from: BBROWN1664 on 20 December 2019, 01:44:30 PM<blockquote>It looks like she is being charged. </blockquote>

</blockquote>

There you go, now you need to retain that mindset in regards to Corbyn losing, you're slowly getting the hang of things now 

Don’t forget that it is your Tory government darrsi that called off the cops and allowed Ms Sacoolas to leave the country.

Don’t forget that it is your Tory government darrsi that is seeking compensation for it’s legal costs from Harry’s family for challenging them in granting Ms Sacoolas diplomatic immunity.

Don’t forget that it is your Tory government darrsi that subsequently wasted big bucks sending cops to the USA to interview Ms Sacoolas when she could have been interviewed and charged in the UK.

And lets be honest Darrsi, you Toryr government will now just go through the motions, if it even bothers, when it comes to the extradition of Ms Sacoolas.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 21 December 2019, 12:46:44 pm »
There you go, now you need to retain that mindset in regards to Corbyn losing, you're slowly getting the hang of things now 

What's this got to do with Brexit and Corbyn? Why do you bring this up in another thread? How childish  :rolleyes

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 21 December 2019, 12:52:11 pm »
Quote from: Grahamm on Today at 02:17:41 AM<blockquote>Quote from: BBROWN1664 on 20 December 2019, 01:44:30 PM<blockquote>It looks like she is being charged. </blockquote>

</blockquote>

Don’t forget that it is your Tory government darrsi that called off the cops and allowed Ms Sacoolas to leave the country.

Don’t forget that it is your Tory government darrsi that is seeking compensation for it’s legal costs from Harry’s family for challenging them in granting Ms Sacoolas diplomatic immunity.

Don’t forget that it is your Tory government darrsi that subsequently wasted big bucks sending cops to the USA to interview Ms Sacoolas when she could have been interviewed and charged in the UK.

And lets be honest Darrsi, you Toryr government will now just go through the motions, if it even bothers, when it comes to the extradition of Ms Sacoolas.

Now now, how many times do i have to tell you i don't support any party? In fact i've said it several times now.
Just because i can't stand Corbyn, doesn't mean i like anyone else, which i've mentioned many times too.
In the same breath, not liking the Leftie twats does not make you Right Wing either. The majority of decent straight minded people don't care for any of them.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 21 December 2019, 03:14:07 pm »

Can we leave politics out of this, this is about someones son dying in tragic circumstances and his parents finding  a way to deal with that. She has now been charged by the CPS and if she is not willing to come back, she should be tried in her absence, a guilty verdict means if she ever returns to this country she will be arrested to serve her sentence. My heart goes out to Harrys family I lost my eldest son when he was 7, 35years ago and it's still very very raw.   

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 21 December 2019, 03:28:46 pm »

Can we leave politics out of this, this is about someones son dying in tragic circumstances and his parents finding  a way to deal with that. She has now been charged by the CPS and if she is not willing to come back, she should be tried in her absence, a guilty verdict means if she ever returns to this country she will be arrested to serve her sentence. My heart goes out to Harrys family I lost my eldest son when he was 7, 35years ago and it's still very very raw.

She's not going to return though is she!
They won't extradite her, and nobody in their right mind will voluntarily swap their freedom for a "possible" prison sentence, even if it's for weeks or a few months. And because of her husbands status she will be protected by the powers that be in the U.S.
It's not the desired result at all, but that is how things will pan out no doubt.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 21 December 2019, 03:39:51 pm »
Absolutely. Also (assuming we keep it going) she'll be arrested in any other European country she visits under a European Arrest Warrant.