Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:29 pm

Author Topic: Selling My Fazer Thou Gen 1 (no longer available)  (Read 2907 times)

JD-LincsUK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Selling My Fazer Thou Gen 1 (no longer available)
« on: 21 May 2018, 11:05:26 am »
This bike is no longer for sale here - too many time wasters.

Mods may delete as required.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2018, 08:16:03 pm by JD-LincsUK »

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
Re: Selling My Fazer Thou Gen 1
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2018, 03:49:54 pm »
Hi, Where are you based? My neighbour wants a fazer 1000... :)
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

JD-LincsUK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2018, 07:34:58 pm »
Lincolnshire (as per my forum name!) - South of Boston.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2018, 07:42:47 pm »
That's a damn shame and infuriating, there is nothing worse than some complete cunt in a car knocking you off your bike.

Get well, and grab a 600 when your felling better.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2018, 09:16:48 pm by b1k3rdude »

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2018, 07:46:52 pm »
I thought that but because of east end radiators I thought you may be in glasgow..good luck with sale.
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

JD-LincsUK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2018, 04:16:46 pm »
k - it's gone onto MCN now.

*rest removed as no longer relevant now its not for sale.*
« Last Edit: 25 May 2018, 08:18:01 pm by JD-LincsUK »

duxsy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2018, 05:02:24 pm »
Hi JD,
Sorry to read about your accident. I'm thinking of getting a fzs1000 now as getting a bit bored of my fzs600. A few questions:
1 - Do you have a pic of the bike with luggage on from the front/back to get an idea of how wide they come out? I think I'd prefer some smaller side paniers to keep the width reasonably slim
2 - I'm guessing it's not Ivanised
3 - why the shorter dog bones?
4 - i don't quite get the bit you say about not wanting to p/x the bike, what do you mean by that?
5 - when you say it has the touring kit, what are the fittings?

Thanks,
D.

JD-LincsUK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2018, 07:09:47 pm »
I will take a relevant photo of the bike with the panniers on - wish I'd seen this earlier as I was out on the bike for a few hours today.

I don't know if it's Ivanised - I was told it "probably" is, but I haven't actually checked.

The shorter dog bones sharpen up the otherwise lazy steering (along with dropping the forks 10mm through the yoke). Many owners fit them. As I said, I also have the originals and can refit those, if desired. The only downside to having them is that it is harder to put the bike on the mainstand (takes more effort) as the bike is slightly lower.

Not wanting to p/x the bike - not part-exchanging it for a new bike. I'd rather sell it to a genuinely interested/keen rider than sell it for a much undervalue price to a dealer. I met one of the type I am referring to today when I test rode a Virago. You know, the type that instantly starts talking down your bike, just in case you want to p/x it. The state this Virago was in, I wouldn't trust the guy with a bicycle, let alone anything with an engine in it.

By the way - you could of course, easily just get smaller panniers to fit the mounting frame. I deliberately got the larger ones because we had the bike as our main transport for a year or so and had to fit the weekly shopping in it!

The touring kit refers to the screen. You can see it in the photos - it has a raised upper fairing and large screen. Does a really great job of keeping the wind, weather and truck blast away. With the luggage, hugger and extender fitted as well, it makes an excellent touring bike. You'll find this sentiment in many reviews on the internet. Though I must admit, some of the reviews of the Fazer thou gen 1 that I have read are not the most accurate. As far as I am aware, the screen and fittings were an offcial aftermarket extra and are no longer available new, and are not easy to find to fit to a bike (the people who own them tend to hang on to them). I got it from a friendly FOC-U member :)

« Last Edit: 25 May 2018, 08:16:36 pm by JD-LincsUK »

JD-LincsUK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2018, 11:42:04 am »
btw - when I say I don't filter - I'm referring to town traffic. Can't say I'm not tempted - but like I said, car drivers are unpredictable and my Mrs dislikes me filtering even without luggage, so....

Tearing along the dotted line on A roads is another matter entirely :)

PS: I know the width is a concern for you - I can tell you that the boxes don't stand out any further than my wife's or my legs - and she's a slender lady (I'm not - as you can see in the photo in the 1st post).

PPS - as it's raining and I've nothing to do today, I've shot a video and measured the width for you. It's 97-98cm wide, from extreme to extreme on the boxes. The top box is a 49 litre and the two side panniers are 42 litre.

The box stands out about 6 inches from the silencer on the right. I'll get the vid uploaded today and you can see for yourself. Due to the aforementioned crappy weather I had to shoot it inside, though, so it's probably a bit dark.

*sent you a pm
« Last Edit: 25 May 2018, 03:23:40 pm by JD-LincsUK »

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2018, 05:28:01 pm »
Nice hardware, best of luck with your sale.
That appears to be a TCP screen & fairing wings, quite rare now and probably worth a few dollars to the right person.

duxsy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2018, 07:15:19 pm »
thanks for the replies, the width indeed seems to be very reasonable, compared to some other set ups I've seen on here. The bike's got a lot going for it.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2018, 08:53:00 pm by duxsy »

JD-LincsUK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2018, 08:07:33 pm »
1 - It hasn't done that distance yet - I was going to get it done early, but changed my mind.

2 - The exup error was normal for a cable that needs adjusting - which it now has been - no errors and the bolt for the housing has nothing to do with it (and you can see the simple measures required to resolve that from the replies

3 - If you look at that post about ivanising, I was told it had probably already been done - which is why I said it had probably been done, when you asked (but didn't say it had been - because, just like I said - "I don't know"):

"I don't know if it's Ivanised - I was told it "probably" is, but I haven't actually checked."

In any case - the price I am asking is a damn good one for this bike.

Don't try and make me out to be some kind of dishonest scammer when I have been completely open and honest to you - even more so in the video I made just for you - to the possible detriment of a good sale for me. I had a strong feeling I was dealing with a time waster, but thanks for confirming it.

Thanks to you - I now won't be selling it to anyone here.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2018, 08:20:01 pm by JD-LincsUK »