Date: 29-03-24  Time: 11:46 am

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 210678 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: TALKING B****CKS THREAD
« Reply #3000 on: 19 May 2019, 11:39:23 am »
In case you can't wait, here's a sneak preview of the Brexit Party's Manifesto, to be published on Friday.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: 19 May 2019, 03:50:17 pm »

Would be difficult to argue otherwise I guess?.
Only if they get over 50%  :b

It wouldn't make a lot of difference if they got 90%.

We'd still wake up Friday morning to hear The Lib Dems and Change UK (the party that wants everything to stay the same incidently) telling us how 'The People' don't want Brexit :z .

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: 19 May 2019, 07:37:52 pm »
Nigel reckons he's going to get 110%. It must be true, he's written it on the side of a bus  :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: 19 May 2019, 08:04:58 pm »
From a great article - as you don't like clicking links I have encapsulated it for you here.
So it’s acceptable now to assault electoral candidates? That’s the pretty scary take-home message
Journalists and even politicians have been going wild over it, Johnny Mercer said the attacks made him ‘#lovebritain’. later realising it isn’t a good idea for a member of an increasingly unpopular party to green-light assaults on unpopular political figures.

It is surely a basic principle of democracy that individuals can campaign for office without fearing assault,The media class has basically said that it is acceptable to attack an electoral candidate. 

The double standards here are gobsmacking. The man who threw an egg at Jeremy Corbyn condemned as a violent threat to democracy and was jailed for 28 days.

People who are condoning the "milk shaking" are implying that physical violence against politicians is acceptable.
In a democracy you argue and debate and vote, you don’t use violence. But in the view of those cheering the assault, violence is acceptable.
What impact do you think this message you are supporting will have on some angry members of the public who think Brexit-betraying Labour and Tory MPs are traitors.
You can’t claim that a handful of men shouting in Anna Soubry’s face outside Parliament is an outrage against the democratic process but the assaulting of other electoral candidates is fine.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: 19 May 2019, 08:56:37 pm »
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: 19 May 2019, 11:22:38 pm »
People who are condoning the "milk shaking" are implying that physical violence against politicians is acceptable.In a democracy you argue and debate and vote, you don’t use violence. But in the view of those cheering the assault, violence is acceptable.What impact do you think this message you are supporting will have on some angry members of the public who think Brexit-betraying Labour and Tory MPs are traitors.You can’t claim that a handful of men shouting in Anna Soubry’s face outside Parliament is an outrage against the democratic process but the assaulting of other electoral candidates is fine.

I don't condone anybody throwing anything at anybody.
Anna Soubry has been given death threats, as have many other 'traitors'. One of which was carried out.
Here's a quote from SYL picked up by RTE in 2016
“If the cameras aren’t there, fucking punch the geezers right in the head,” he said, adding that being seen to be aggressive “just turns people off”. “You want to be seen as the victims – people viewing you like: ‘Fucking hell, look how they’re getting treated. Give them a chance’ – you know what I mean?”

So, best to stop throwing milkshakes. It's just what he wants.
« Last Edit: 19 May 2019, 11:29:35 pm by mtread »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: 19 May 2019, 11:27:21 pm »

;)
Nigel reckons he's going to get 110%. It must be true, he's written it on the side of a bus  :)

Open top I expect with solid tyres, vintage 1917. Last seen giving mystery tours of the High Street ;)
« Last Edit: 19 May 2019, 11:33:14 pm by YamFazFan »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: 20 May 2019, 12:33:04 am »
Open top I expect with solid tyres, vintage 1917. Last seen giving mystery tours of the High Street

I bet he doesn't even own a bus!  ;)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3009 on: 20 May 2019, 04:00:12 pm »
I bet he doesn't even own a bus!  ;) [/font]

He does, it has German number plates though :pokefun
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: 20 May 2019, 06:15:54 pm »

I see Nigel Farage has had a milkshake thrown over him now.

Does the idiot who chucked it seriously think that he's done the Remain cause any good? :rolleyes . The twerp has just harmed it.

That's a few more votes for democracy (The Brexit Party) on Thursday :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: 20 May 2019, 08:40:34 pm »
I can smell something going on here, the way the msm keep mentioning how well the brexit party are going to do. My concern is that they are building them up so that if they do not do fantastic they can then portray it as a failure. Just in the same way that parties exaggerate how bad they may do so that when they dont do so bad they can spin it as a win.   

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: 20 May 2019, 08:57:02 pm »
Vile Vince was on the telly earlier and they're already sort of adding on the votes The Green Party, Change UK and the Southern half of Labour get in with the Liberal Democrat's...Democrats!! :lol ...total vote share as a kind of 'Remain' block.

In that case The Brexit Party can add on 50% of the Labour vote (the Northern half) and most of the Conservative vote. That should put them on about 52%. Now where have I heard that figure before? :rolleyes .

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: 20 May 2019, 11:34:52 pm »
In that case The Brexit Party can add on 50% of the Labour vote (the Northern half) and most of the Conservative vote.
Well that'll be another 1% (combined). I expect the Tories and Labour to do very badly.
Anyway, the Brexit Party is being rumbled  :)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: 20 May 2019, 11:38:26 pm »
I see Nigel Farage has had a milkshake thrown over him now.Does the idiot who chucked it seriously think that he's done the Remain cause any good?

You are right, but......

« Last Edit: 20 May 2019, 11:39:25 pm by mtread »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: 21 May 2019, 09:31:35 am »

Anyway, the Brexit Party is being rumbled  :)

It's the MP's that have been rumbled, trying to thwart democracy.

Every time they slag Nigel off...a few more Brexit votes :)

Every time an idiot chucks a milkshake over him...a few more Brexit votes :)

Every time the voters get told that they've voted the wrong way....yep you've guessed it :lol

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: 21 May 2019, 09:38:35 am »
Yup. keep slagging off Nigel and those of us that are voting for him/ Brexit. Thats working out really well for you..... :)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: 21 May 2019, 09:45:29 am »
I think just about everybody has already made up their minds.
Anyway, looking at the headlines it seems the Tory leadership contest is far more important.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: 21 May 2019, 11:19:43 am »
I think just about everybody has already made up their minds.

Correct - that happened in 2016
Only this time even more people want brexit to happen because some of those who voted to remain even though they still want to remain they can see that it is a democracy issue.These EU elections are a second referendum by proxy.
My fear is that after a massive drubbing by Nige the self serving politicians will be frightened into voting for Mays crap EU treaty in an attempt to keep their jobs by avoiding a general election - in which there would be a massive culling of mps being replaced by brexit party mps.I think the only way to save themselves and avoid a general election culling is to give Nige a knighthood and get him in the government.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2019, 11:31:45 am by fazersharp »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: 21 May 2019, 12:05:31 pm »

Although he spoilt Nigel's day, I reckon the twat who chucked the milkshake probably did himself a favour by not drinking it.

In today's paper it says he's a Corbynite hipster that brews craft beer and hates Tories. What a surprise.

Judging by the pictures he doesn't look like he hates fast food outlets though :rolleyes

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: 21 May 2019, 12:26:58 pm »

Although he spoilt Nigel's day, I reckon the twat who chucked the milkshake probably did himself a favour by not drinking it.

In today's paper it says he's a Corbynite hipster that brews craft beer and hates Tories. What a surprise.

Judging by the pictures he doesn't look like he hates fast food outlets though :rolleyes
Now beer - I can agree with.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: 21 May 2019, 01:13:25 pm »

I can't get into real ale. I have tried but I think I've been drinking lager for too long now :lol .

Even went on the tour of the St Austell brewery the other week. Gorgeous aroma, but it still hasn't won me over :\ . There's a big beer festival on all week here now so maybe I ought to get down there.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: 21 May 2019, 02:07:22 pm »

I can't get into real ale. I have tried but I think I've been drinking lager for too long now :lol .

Even went on the tour of the St Austell brewery the other week. Gorgeous aroma, but it still hasn't won me over :\ . There's a big beer festival on all week here now so maybe I ought to get down there.
Ask them for advice - tell them about your larger drinking and that you want to see what all of this "real ale" thing is all about and they will be more than happy to point you into the direction an appropriate one to try. Go for a half or if it is a proper full blown festival - rather than a pub with a few extra guest beers on then you should be able to buy in 1/3rd glasses 

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: 21 May 2019, 02:53:51 pm »
Lots of craft beer very pale IPA and lager/IPA crosses. Give them a try :)

You may not like the smokey stouts though.....

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3024 on: 21 May 2019, 10:17:17 pm »
Yep, the two left wingers think it's perfectly acceptable to assault someone with a different point of view from themselves.
Like I said at the beginning, this is going to be an interesting social experiment.
The only ones who really condone violence are the supposed liberals.

Odd, because when someone hit Jeremy Corbyn with an egg, I recall many right wingers saying things like "Next time make it a brick..."