Date: 29-03-24  Time: 00:21 am

Author Topic: What have you done to your FZS600 bike today  (Read 198207 times)

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Re: What have you done to your FZS600 bike today
« Reply #375 on: 08 November 2016, 11:49:07 am »
But to answer the post properly, like Tommy its a bit cold for me so have charged up the battery, changed the oil & put a cover over the bike.
Having said that I did put 100 mils on the Tracer @ the weekend once i had put the winter linings in my jacket & troosers-dont like being cold!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 12 November 2016, 10:35:32 pm »
Well the Norton has improved with age :lol
Cheeky Foccer  :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 12 November 2016, 11:08:11 pm »
I would start a new post but I cant remember how to start one, so as Its to do with my Fazer I will use this one, hope its not seen as a hi jack.
If some one would email me or message me and remind me where to go to start a new post I would be grateful.

Well my Fazer: I have been slowly gather up bits for a winter service, I did a massive one last year, oil and filter, air filter, drained, refilled and bled brake fluid back and front.
drained flushed cooling system, refilled with red 5 year antifreeze, new plugs, new fuel filter.

This year I am just doing oil and filter as I have only done about 4K this year, so other stuff is still OK.

My winter project is the suspension, I have the Nitron rear shocker (Not just the Nitron that's a shocker, so was the price) I am going to purchase linear front springs, I have been looking at Ohlins on various website for about £100, but none of the websites seen to give an option to choose a spring to suit my body weight, I was under the impression that was the idea to choose a spring that matches your weight in full riding gear.

I have been chatting with some smart guys on here and I am going down the emulator route, as they seem to be a positive customisation.
I have access to pillar drills to open up the orifices/ports in the damper rods and drill a couple of new 8 or 9mm holes to overcome the effect of the oil damping by the damper rods.
Anyone have any ideas about where to purchase emulators in this country? As the seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo.

I am thinking about taking off the rear hugger, as the Nitron is such a nice looking bit of kit it seems a shame to hide some of it with a hugger, I don't ride in the rain if I can help it, so having the Nitron exposed a bit more should no be an issue.
Any thoughts or advice on where to buy the springs and emulators would be much appreciated. :kiss [/size]

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 12 November 2016, 11:38:28 pm »
I would start a new post but I cant remember how to start one, so as Its to do with my Fazer I will use this one, hope its not seen as a hi jack.
If some one would email me or message me and remind me where to go to start a new post I would be grateful.

Well my Fazer: I have been slowly gather up bits for a winter service, I did a massive one last year, oil and filter, air filter, drained, refilled and bled brake fluid back and front.
drained flushed cooling system, refilled with red 5 year antifreeze, new plugs, new fuel filter.

This year I am just doing oil and filter as I have only done about 4K this year, so other stuff is still OK.

My winter project is the suspension, I have the Nitron rear shocker (Not just the Nitron that's a shocker, so was the price) I am going to purchase linear front springs, I have been looking at Ohlins on various website for about £100, but none of the websites seen to give an option to choose a spring to suit my body weight, I was under the impression that was the idea to choose a spring that matches your weight in full riding gear.

I have been chatting with some smart guys on here and I am going down the emulator route, as they seem to be a positive customisation.
I have access to pillar drills to open up the orifices/ports in the damper rods and drill a couple of new 8 or 9mm holes to overcome the effect of the oil damping by the damper rods.
Anyone have any ideas about where to purchase emulators in this country? As the seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo.

I am thinking about taking off the rear hugger, as the Nitron is such a nice looking bit of kit it seems a shame to hide some of it with a hugger, I don't ride in the rain if I can help it, so having the Nitron exposed a bit more should no be an issue.
Any thoughts or advice on where to buy the springs and emulators would be much appreciated. :kiss

If you've never done it before, use Radflush next time you change the coolant, it gives the waterways a good old cleanout and will keep it in tip top condition for a couple of years.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

misterjayb1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 14 November 2016, 09:57:54 pm »
Sold it.. Becoming a habit  :rolleyes
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 19 November 2016, 03:57:46 pm »
As the weather is clear today I gave it a wash and I'm shocked how much grit and mud came off as it didn't look that dirty to start with.
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

Andy1970

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 20 November 2016, 07:12:11 pm »
Removed the battery and put it away somewhere warm. Removed the fuel tank and stripped all the fittings (ready for new tank). Drained the carbs. Started stripping down the rear subframe, ready to deal with the rust round the pillion footrest hangers. Ordered some bits.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 27 November 2016, 07:34:37 pm »
Not today but yesterday I finally fitted the Hel braided brake pipes I got while at Motorcycle Live on Wednesday. OMG! They are FOCKING AWESOME! All and any sponginess has completely gone. Went with the standard 3 front lines and it also came with the rear line, all for just £75.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 27 November 2016, 08:42:53 pm »
Not today but yesterday I finally fitted the Hel braided brake pipes I got while at Motorcycle Live on Wednesday. OMG! They are FOCKING AWESOME! All and any sponginess has completely gone. Went with the standard 3 front lines and it also came with the rear line, all for just £75.

Yes good upgrade. I've fitted some Venhill braided front lines today, I got them off a small independent ebay shop and only paid £45. It's solved the dreaded slow speed pulsing I was starting to experience lately  :)
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 27 November 2016, 09:13:07 pm »

Yes good upgrade. I've fitted some Venhill braided front lines today, I got them off a small independent ebay shop and only paid £45. It's solved the dreaded slow speed pulsing I was starting to experience lately  :)

I did look at cheaper makes on evilbay but went with Hel as I got them direct from the stall and just had the guarantee that I was getting the correct parts as I'm no mechanic and wouldn't really know if I was ordering the correct stuff.

Next job on the list is (when I can afford to) upgrade the crappy box eye headlights to those projector ones.
« Last Edit: 27 November 2016, 09:15:50 pm by Fazer99 »

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 28 November 2016, 12:02:10 am »

I did look at cheaper makes on evilbay but went with Hel as I got them direct from the stall and just had the guarantee that I was getting the correct parts as I'm no mechanic and wouldn't really know if I was ordering the correct stuff.

Next job on the list is (when I can afford to) upgrade the crappy box eye headlights to those projector ones.

Good call you can't go wrong with hel  :)

http://fotifixes.com/2012/12/27/hid-projector-installation-in-a-2001-fazer-600/

http://fotifixes.com/2012/12/28/hid-projector-installation-in-a-2001-fazer-600-part-2/#more-525
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 28 November 2016, 07:24:54 am »

Good call you can't go wrong with hel  :)

http://fotifixes.com/2012/12/27/hid-projector-installation-in-a-2001-fazer-600/

http://fotifixes.com/2012/12/28/hid-projector-installation-in-a-2001-fazer-600-part-2/#more-525

Cheers for the links on the headlights I'll look into them as I was just looking at these: https://www.retrofitlab.com/en/motor-1/yamaha-fzs600-mh1-1.html as they come with easy mounting brackets and there is a nice idiot guide video on youtube for how to fit them.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 12 December 2016, 11:39:17 am »
Took the Red Reviver for its MOT test in the December drizzle-the old girl passed with flying colours which put me in a"festive" mood :lol

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 12 December 2016, 12:41:31 pm »
Not today but last night, I went to adjust the chain as it started to make those tell tail noises, but after a closer look it didn't need adjusting so I decided while I was down there to give it a bloody good clean and re-lube. Result: Noise has gone and feels smoother.

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 13 December 2016, 07:12:02 pm »
I turned mine into a triple today.  :D
I rode it to work over the weekend and it got covered in motorway shit from the downpours we had. I'm usually on the ball with cleaning it after riding in storms etc. but owing to a death in the family Saturday my attention has been elsewhere. Anyway, I gave it a good clean with muc-off and a hose and now have a misfire I can't get rid of. Obviously arcing out on one of the two inner plug leads as the outer two are ok.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

bryaneidins

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Car
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 15 December 2016, 03:13:01 pm »
Gave it a wash and covered it in ACF-50. Shame I didn't have any tyre dressing.

gingernut

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 15 December 2016, 08:23:26 pm »
Fitted R&G heated grips, plus a red screen , Sunday it a full wash and polish .....

Onevan

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Honda CBR650F
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 21 December 2016, 08:54:26 pm »
Stripped carbs last night and new parts came today so spent early part of the evening with carb cleaner and new O rings. 😃

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 23 December 2016, 10:17:46 pm »
Had alarm removed. Picking it up tomorrow, haven't ridden in over 5 weeks
my momma always says, stupid is as stupid does.
that's all i gotta say about that

Onevan

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Honda CBR650F
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 27 December 2016, 08:15:53 pm »
Finished overhauling the carbs. Stripped the fuel tap down and fitted new O rings to stop drip when fuel tap switched to "off".

ajmes1

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 28 December 2016, 05:25:08 pm »
Fitted new sat nav ahead of the dragon rally in February, stripped rear brake ready for some shiny new pads, seals and hoses.

rw711

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - zzr600 E7
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 29 December 2016, 01:09:47 am »
sorted out coolant leak :)
Russ :)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 29 December 2016, 01:35:36 am »
Fitted new sat nav ahead of the dragon rally in February, stripped rear brake ready for some shiny new pads, seals and hoses.

Hey AJ it's the shiny buggers you want to avoid  :lol

petters

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 29 December 2016, 08:44:30 pm »
Stripped down frame, ready for sandblasting and paint.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 04 January 2017, 07:59:59 pm »
On my way home it suddenly felt very slippery on my back tyre, so managed to gingerly get home and checked to see what the problem was. Humm! Why is there no air in the rear tyre at all? So today I pulled out a long flat sharp piece of metal from the rear tyre which has FOCCED the tyre up completely, Yay! Just what I fecking need, more expense to fork out for