Date: 23-04-24  Time: 19:52 pm

Author Topic: Marquez can't count!!!!  (Read 5900 times)

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
Marquez can't count!!!!
« on: 20 October 2013, 06:58:34 am »
Oh what a shame, Marquez missed his mandatory pit stop the silly get!  I'm glad really cos when he came out of the pits eventually, the little upstart nearly took Lorenzo off again. Well its still wide open and Pedrosa is cligning on, roll on Japan.

Buck

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Marquez can't count!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2013, 12:58:25 pm »
From crash.net:
A Honda statement read: 'The team made a mistake, understanding [Marquez] was able to complete ten [full] laps and come back in before completing lap eleven, and the 'box' instruction on his pit board was therefore one lap late.”

Agree with you about coming out of the pit lane - it looked to me like he saw Lorenzo coming and tried to get into his way :eek

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2013, 02:55:28 pm »
interesting conundrum.

what would have happened if Marquez took out Lorenzo at the exit from the pit....when he was black flagged for not going into the pit after the correct amount of laps?
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2013, 03:32:02 pm »
Watching the replay when Marquez does his shoulder check Lorenzo and Pedrosa haven't come over the hill yet and are out of view, so going into the corner he wouldn't have known the boys were there- not saying he shouldn't have done a 2nd check as why would he think he was that far in front- but then again in racing why would you look a 2nd time?
As for counting that was teams fault not his!
Interesting if somewhat confusing race!
Some say...

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2013, 03:52:59 pm »
Thats how I saw it, Marquez should have looked again a 2nd time. Either that or he saw them 1st time and thought he could get out before Lorenzo  :eek

Honda mucked up, they thought 'no more than 10 laps on a tyre' meant 10 laps plus nearly 1 more and back into the pits was ok.

The track was resurfaced last Christmas. At the WSB meeting in February the WSS race was shortened from 21 to 15 due to tyre wear issues. Alarm bells should have sounded at Bridgestone and Dunlop. It was hotter than normal, 28c, but Phillip Island is renown for its variable weather.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 October 2013, 05:36:29 pm »
These riders do the racing and their pit team does the counting  :eek   
After watching the replay, I agree with Punkstig and Phil he definitely took a good look and there was no one there.
Whatever anyone says about this kid, he can ride a bike and brought a renewed interest to MotoGP. :)
Last time Marquez was pissed off he came from last to win, roll on next weekend.  :)
Yes the conundrum was interesting Lazarus,  my sons and I discussed the very same issue.

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2013, 06:25:24 pm »
Disgrace really someone's head will roll at Honda. I suppose on the plus side will make the championship a bit more interesting for last 2 races,I'll be gutted if Marquez don't win it he has been brilliant all season

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 October 2013, 08:02:00 pm »
Great race , Marquez just following orders for the pit stop , as for the clash with Lorenzo can't imagine he would deliberately block him , still think he will win it in his rookie year , will make the last 2 races interesting .

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 October 2013, 08:18:01 pm »
Yes he is a breath of fresh air but it should'nt come with dangerous moves which he's done on more than one occasion this year. Good on him for giving it big but he's got time ahead of him and others lives and livelihoods are at stake. Impetuosity????

Come on Vale

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 October 2013, 08:30:02 pm »
It's that edge that makes him brilliant , but will also make mistakes , that's what separates the greats from the also rans . Fortune favours the brave ,

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 October 2013, 09:15:21 pm »
Regarding looking a second time, I have to disagree!

First look, all clear:

Second look, here comes Lorenzo:

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 October 2013, 10:05:52 pm »
I think he knew what he was doin, he's not that daft but he cant always carry it off like he could do in the lower classes

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 October 2013, 08:51:29 am »
That was the stupidest race I've ever seen! compulsory pit stop? Bollox, it should be taken from the calendar and any points gained from it

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 October 2013, 02:23:53 pm »
Fargo have to a agree with you but there is a slope so down at his level he might of not seen Lorenzo.

My 2 pennies worth on marquez, i think he is a brilliant rider and good for the championship as long as others can fight with him, but what gets my goat is everyone saying he's broke this rookie record and that rookie record, the guy is on the best bike on the grid every other fooking rookie was on a satellite bike so no shit he should be breaking those records but its like comparing the premiership against vauxhall conference.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 October 2013, 04:51:34 pm »
It was a fantastic race that kept the adrenalin going. The pit stop added a new dimension to the race and lets face it we all ride on roads of varying road surface make up so why should Bridgstone be responsible for ware of their tyres. Adapting the race strategy to compensate for this was a good safety call that kept the race lively in my opinion.

Nothing wrong with what marquez leaving the pit lane it was down to the speed restriction imposed by the organisers.

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 October 2013, 08:26:08 pm »
Regarding looking a second time, I have to disagree!

I was ignoring his 1st look, too far away from the end of the pit lane.

That camera is way up in the air so can see down the straight. If Marquez didn't see Lorenzo he should have looked a 3rd time later. If he did see him, he was probably trying to get out ahead, it was a race after all.

I like Marquez but some times he does ride without a care in the world for others safety. 2 years ago he rode into the back of Wilarot at the next lefthander there, after the chequered flag in practice. That shows what can happen with riders going around corners at different speeds.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iJwPu_vycqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 October 2013, 01:57:07 pm »

with hindsight marc should have done whatever jorge did - after all jorge at 39 points behind was the only serious contender for the title, so marc's mistake as he could see jorge leave for the pits.

i am not convinced that honda got their pit board wrong. (pedrosa came in within the rules) marc is eminently marketable right now, they may be covering up his error.

it's also worth noting that pedrosa said at pit time that there were so many flies on his visor that it was practically impossible to read a pit board. it would be the same for the rest of the riders.

having two bikes for the race took away any fuel advantage that the crt bikes have at any other race. not mentioned and not fair.

seeing as several other riders were black flagged the attrition rate was high. the penalty should have been a ride through, not a black flag. shame on the organisers for taking riders away from an already small grid race.

also shame on them for not demoting pedrosa a place. if he gave a place over to marquez (which i don't believe, i think he was passed in a racing situation) then the rider that passed him was disqualified anyway, making the pass null and void i.e. no real penalty applied.

so all in all a bit farcical. i agree with the above, the race points should be cancelled.
is it clean enough?

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 October 2013, 02:00:25 pm »

furthermore, whether marc saw jorge coming or not is irrelevant! of course he will go for the corner as fast as he can once clear of the pits. would any other rider do any different? of course not.

imo marc has been entirely fair all season. hard passes are a part of bike racing. racers hate being passed and always cry foul when they are the victims. when they pass themselves it's because they are great!
is it clean enough?

headgonekneedown

• FOC-U Boris Yeltsin Impersonator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ducati monster s2r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 October 2013, 06:48:28 pm »
It was just Honda again trying to abuse the rules again.
Danny came in on lap nine. Marquez on 11
If they thought marquez was in on the right lap then danny was a lap to early.
Bizarre how they couldn't work that out!

headgonekneedown

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ducati monster s2r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 October 2013, 07:37:26 pm »
http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2013/How+Marquez+took+it+too+far+in+Australia
check this inside the garage video. very interesting. they are saying he will be black flagged has he misses the pit lane.

paulkemp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 October 2013, 08:07:08 pm »
Marquez didn't hit Lorenzo.  Lorenzo hit Marquez.
And did Marquez cry like a baby or should I say cry like Lorenzo.
No took it like the gr8 racer he is.

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 October 2013, 08:33:25 pm »
He will be great when he's done what Lorenzo has and not tried to kill everyone in his path. Yes he is good like I said earlier, personally I don't like him but I admire his ability even though he's reckless at times. Everyone wants to win but at what cost???

Buck

headgonekneedown

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ducati monster s2r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 October 2013, 10:17:53 pm »
quote.Marquez didn't hit Lorenzo.  Lorenzo hit Marquez.
And did Marquez cry like a baby or should I say cry like Lorenzo.
No took it like the gr8 racer he is.
have some respect! these guys are all heroes. Lorenzo is awesome and great to watch has is marques.don't be a fan boy!

Motorbreath

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - YZF1000R ThunderAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 October 2013, 02:23:00 pm »
In fact Lorenzo said he hitted Márquez, to the Spanish TV. Not on purpose, just because he did a mistake breaking too late. In my opinion his face told otherwise though. It seems he wants payback for what Márquez did to him in Jerez.
Let's hope nothing too dangerous happen next races. Márquez should have been penalyzed in Jerez, now it seems hitting is free.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27 October 2013, 12:21:38 am »
why should Bridgstone be responsible for ware of their tyres.

Because the track owners had already warned about the more aggressive surface and the simple fact that when wsb went there they had major tyre issues, despite this Bridgestone felt there was no need to test on the new surface- ignorance!
Some say...

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes

RSS to JavaScript