Date: 28-03-24  Time: 18:05 pm

Author Topic: Anyone know of good reflash in the south ?  (Read 1215 times)

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Anyone know of good reflash in the south ?
« on: 23 February 2020, 09:34:36 pm »
Hi all
I’ve got a 2013 gen2 and looking at getting a reflash not necessarily to add performance but improve the drive ability.
Does anyone know of somewhere good in the Essex, Herts, Suffolk or London areas that they could recommend, I’ve looked at hilltop in Leicester which is a possibility but it’s a bit further than I wanted to go and I don’t want to send it away for the work
It’s running standard headers ( not sure if front cat removed)  with an arrow can at the moment I’ve got a PCFC ( not fitted yet ) which I’d use along side the reflash which I feel allows me the flexibility to add/ remove mods as and when.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know of good reflash in the south ?
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2020, 06:24:43 pm »
I can only assume there isn't a reliable company in the south as all my pals, south London based, with late bikes, have gone to Hilltop. Some bike forums arrange block bookings to get a discount with them.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2020, 09:35:16 pm »
Thanks Robbo,
I was thinking that would be the case but if anyone knew different it would be on here  :'(
Looks like a road trip to Leicester once I’ve searched down the back of the sofa for some funds

Mustang

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2020, 10:33:56 pm »
I’ve just sent my ecu and received it back all in same week from velox racing based in jersey. Mike Bienvenu, great service and communication. Was £160 all in with return special delivery and £1000 insurance

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2020, 11:59:12 pm »
Hi Mustang
Have you fitted back on yet , What work did he do and what did you think of it ? ( if youve fitted it of course )
Price wise that’s good compared to hilltop but downside for me is no bike for a week although I could get the old gen 1 out of mothballs but she’s sorned and not insured so it’s aggro and my last resort really plus if I’m gonna do that I might as well send it across the pond to Ivan ,money I know but there’s plenty to testify as to his abilities
There are places close ish to me but as IMO it’s the bike equivalent to brain surgery I’m not going to go anywhere unless I know of owners that are happy with work done which at the mo is pointing at hilltop

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2020, 07:09:30 am »
Hi Mustang
Have you fitted back on yet , What work did he do and what did you think of it ? ( if youve fitted it of course )
Price wise that’s good compared to hilltop but downside for me is no bike for a week although I could get the old gen 1 out of mothballs but she’s sorned and not insured so it’s aggro and my last resort really plus if I’m gonna do that I might as well send it across the pond to Ivan ,money I know but there’s plenty to testify as to his abilities
There are places close ish to me but as IMO it’s the bike equivalent to brain surgery I’m not going to go anywhere unless I know of owners that are happy with work done which at the mo is pointing at hilltop

I was going to use Hilltop until I came across this...

https://www.facebook.com/Treetoptuning/

Was enough to put me off

CatalinU

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2020, 02:09:53 pm »
Hi Mustang
I would look deep inside my pockets and send it to the master himself Ivan. One Ivanised is another bike, that thing is for sure, altough ny Ivanised bike it's a Gen1, I think I have a new bike since Ivan's stuff was throw in

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 February 2020, 08:17:41 pm »
Thanks Dudeofrude,
thats exactly the sort of thing I’m trying to avoid .
I’m now having a serious re think 🤔
At least with Ivan I know I’m getting the goods , I think I’ll start recommission on the old FZS while filling the piggy bank.

And CatalinU, I had my Gen 1 ivanised ( full monty ) and it turned it into a missile that to be honest made my Gen 2 a little disappointing at first but oddly I found the riding position more comfortable on the Gen 2 and I work inside what will become the new ULez so now I’ve got the best of both worlds or will have once I can afford for Ivan to sprinkle his magic on the Gen 2
Thanks all I think my mind is made up now  :)