Date: 28-03-24  Time: 18:25 pm

Author Topic: Why does my Fazer sound like a sewing machine having a fight when its idling?  (Read 2440 times)

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
 :lol

New to Fazers here,,

Bought the bike last week, happy with it etc, it all does what it's supposed to BUT!
When the bike's idling it's a bit rough sounding like a sewing machine. No cam chain rattle as such, just lumpy. Over 2000 revs, happy days! Thinking it could be the carbs need balancing but under throttle goes great.
I do a lot of filtering through London at low revs and it can get to be a pain. Do they all do that, Sir?

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Are you talking about your Foxeye model or do you have a FZ6 as well?

Bracechenko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Yep, they all hunt around when idling, i've had 2 of them and they were the same.

Balance the carbs anyway, if they're out by any margin then that does affect low rev pulling away so you can make some improvement there. Once they're balanced just keep it over 2k revs and enjoy the bike......they are great machines.

I use mine as a commuter bike now and it's just bomb-proof! Still have fun when weather permits and actually get more jip from my FZ1 (but that's probably lack of use, flat battery etc etc).

Enjoy :thumbup

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
Just did a round trip of 80 miles round the M25 this morning in -2  :eek  to Fins at Redhil to get a new clutch fitted (under warranty, good service Fins) on my Foxeye Fazer.
First Fazer so not sure what to expect from the engine but will get the carbs balanced anyway.
Bike rides really well so happy with it.    Good stuff.

marksfazer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
I second that about getting the carbs balanced, mine was a bit lumpy on idle when i got it, but after I did carbs I noticed it was got smoother through the revs as well.
The standard end can doesn't help with the sewing machine like sounds!
« Last Edit: 04 February 2012, 05:59:30 pm by marksfazer »