Date: 28-03-24  Time: 11:28 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641691 times)

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #900 on: 03 October 2016, 11:05:20 am »
Malc

Old enough to know better.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: 03 October 2016, 01:24:57 pm »
You could buy a decent Fazer at those prices, ride it somewhere and then just go for a nice walk, the perfect free exercise.

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: 04 October 2016, 11:53:04 am »
People who drive a 35 mph and accelerate like a retarded slug on main roads then take off like a bat out of hell on minor roads.
And people who think that because I am taking a blind bend carefully they can stick their phallic symbol right up my arse.
Malc

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: 05 October 2016, 07:52:43 am »
Assholes that can't drive within the fecking lines. Nearly got taken out by a Fricking Range Rover this morning as they decided they wanted 2 thirds of my lane as well  :grumble :2guns :grumble
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: 05 October 2016, 08:29:15 am »
Everything these days has to be "supersize"-portions of food,TVs, & especially CAGES-The original Range Rover was a practical vehicle-but the "Evoque" version looks like a fashion statement gone wrong. As cars get bigger the side roads become more congested with dickheads parking every bloody place:blocking entrances,double yellows, zig-zags by schools.I HATE driving these days-my only compensation being the A44 to WALES when I get the FAZER singing :lol

bikemad

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: 05 October 2016, 09:10:40 am »
In my van I often make them swerve back into their space cos I don't slow down or stop like some pussys do my road is classic enough room to have parked cars either side & still pass a bus but they will sit over white line 🙄
Stuff everything I've always got my bike :)

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: 05 October 2016, 05:02:32 pm »
In my van I often make them swerve back into their space cos I don't slow down or stop like some pussys do my road is classic enough room to have parked cars either side & still pass a bus but they will sit over white line 🙄
Just proves the point-they dont know the external dimensions of their vehicles-what is the thinking behind BIG cages in congested city conditions? Harder to park/drive/reverse/more polluting& just add to the frustration & misery of trying to get from A to B. Maybe someone should explain that if their door mirrors will go through a gap so will the bloody car :eek

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: 07 October 2016, 07:06:11 pm »
Hospital gowns,  why do they fasten at back  and not the front and why don't they fit anyone?
Had to wear one for two hours today for an ultrasound scan and pre op assessment on my right leg , all I want them to do is stop a vein in my leg from leaking!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: 09 October 2016, 01:15:04 pm »
Microwave cooked scrambled egg
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: 09 October 2016, 08:39:53 pm »
good luck slappy, lucky you are in the uk.  great nhs.   other countries you prob wouldn't even have a gown..        then you could moan your nob was out.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 09 October 2016, 09:14:31 pm »
      then you could moan your nob was out.

Probably nobody would notice.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: 09 October 2016, 10:33:04 pm »
Hospital gowns,  why do they fasten at back  and not the front and why don't they fit anyone?
Had to wear one for two hours today for an ultrasound scan and pre op assessment on my right leg , all I want them to do is stop a vein in my leg from leaking!
A few years back I had regular kidney xrays as I had stones through not drinking enough beer (all sorted now  ;) ) and after the first couple of gown pointlessness I used to to on my bike and would have a pair of shorts under my leathers and so would just strip down the them --- after telling the clipboard person, there is no need to go in to a gown for a leg scan, its just the de-fault easy position for them. There was not any point in even taking off my leathers because they would replace them with a lead blanket over my knackers to stop them from getting radiated even though they had already been disconnected from the delivery chap .         
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: 10 October 2016, 10:00:02 am »
I wore shorts to see the consultant because I knew he'd have to examine my knees (arthritis problems). "Hop up on the couch" he said then drew the curtain round me. About a minute later "Are you ready Mr White?" -10 points for observation there I think.
Malc

moffmeister

• Boffie - Yaks it like it is
    Terminally Incontinent
    The Golden Bulge
    The only gay in the village
    Moff Minogue

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: 10 October 2016, 02:30:16 pm »
1) fucknumpties in cars who drive like they are in some kind of long trailer HGV combination and find it necessary to take a sweeping turn when turning either left or right and annoying the fuck out everyone (me).

The worst are the right turners who, whilst initially sat in what most would consider the correct positron (offside to the center of the road), then proceed with a little shimmy to the left before proceeding to turn right... :wall

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: 10 October 2016, 04:18:19 pm »
Impatient Cockwombles that get right up your arse when you are having to take a turning slow due to slippery roads. More oftern than not it's some jumped up little shit in a clapped out 1.4 astra but thinks he is driving a supercharged beast, it might sound like one but that's because your exhaust is fucked  :2guns :grumble :2guns

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: 10 October 2016, 05:17:26 pm »
1) fucknumpties in cars who drive like they are in some kind of long trailer HGV combination and find it necessary to take a sweeping turn when turning either left or right and annoying the fuck out everyone (me).

The worst are the right turners who, whilst initially sat in what most would consider the correct positron (offside to the center of the road), then proceed with a little shimmy to the left before proceeding to turn right... :wall

Even worse are those who drive the 1/4 mile run up at 20mph before taking the sweep
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: 10 October 2016, 08:33:37 pm »
Twatty VW van drivers who ride your arse and then undertake you clipping your handlebar to then get stuck behind the five vehicles and one large lorry in front, and then scream blue murder as you overtake again and smash his wing mirror off. :D
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: 11 October 2016, 08:03:24 am »
People that can't keep their face out of their smart phone. I had to pop into town to see a mate and I got bumped into about 5 times by dumbass teens not looking where they are going as their faces were buried in their phones, no apologies either just blank looks like zombies and when I prompted them for an apologie they looked at me like I was speaking another language.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: 11 October 2016, 11:42:04 am »
Looking around for a new bike at the moment and peoples descriptions including:

"Tasteful mods" - your looking at a bike with gold chazzo leavers and a purple pro bolt kit.
"Massive Spec" - aforementioned "tasteful mods" and perhaps some semi fancy brake pads and/or a host of non performance related bolt-ons even going as far as listing the handlebar grips and spark plugs.
Listing the bike as a 2010 etc when it is in fact a late registered earlier model.  The seller knows this so why not list it as such.
"Wants for nothing" - then explains a small crack in the fairing or torn seat.
"First to see will buy" - you have seen the listing on for weeks...

and on...

Intentionally left blank

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: 11 October 2016, 12:18:24 pm »

"Tasteful mods" - your looking at a bike with gold chazzo leavers and a purple pro bolt kit.
"Massive Spec" - aforementioned "tasteful mods" and perhaps some semi fancy brake pads and/or a host of non performance related bolt-ons even going as far as listing the handlebar grips and spark plugs.
Listing the bike as a 2010 etc when it is in fact a late registered earlier model.  The seller knows this so why not list it as such.

and on...

Yep, they're bloody dreamers on prices too.
I'm looking round for a bike too. Getting fed up of having my time wasted by going to look at bikes that turn out to be far from 'mint'  :rolleyes

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: 11 October 2016, 12:36:24 pm »

and on...

Similar to this I hate it when you go to a dealers that you've had dealings with for many happy years, to then pop in and find that the normal person you deal with is on holiday, so you think OK! I'll speak with someone else as you feel that the standards of the normal person should be the same as everyone in the company, but the person you end up speaking with is full of crap and spins you a load of lies and tries to sell you something completely different to what you are enquiring about eg "I'm looking at buying an MT-10 whats the best finance deal you can do for me" "well sir on the Honda Goldwing we can offer you a Blar Blar % over Blar Blar months, how does that sound" "when is John back off his holiday as you're bloody useless"  :lol (that actually happen to me the other day, I don't think he works there anymore)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #921 on: 11 October 2016, 01:47:12 pm »
People that know fec all about bikes but claim they do.

Have a look at this ad from Gumtree.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/yamaha-motorbikes/yamaha-fazer-fzs600-for-sale.currently-sorn-and-no-mot.-will-service-the-motorbike-for-buyer-4-free/1192890395

to top it off, they know its shit so wont even give their phone number.
I did offer the guy £450 for it a few weeks back but he claims its worth every penny of the £999 he has it advertised for even with a knackered battery/tyre/paint etc
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: 11 October 2016, 02:05:13 pm »
People that know fec all about bikes but claim they do.

Have a look at this ad from Gumtree.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/yamaha-motorbikes/yamaha-fazer-fzs600-for-sale.currently-sorn-and-no-mot.-will-service-the-motorbike-for-buyer-4-free/1192890395

to top it off, they know its shit so wont even give their phone number.
I did offer the guy £450 for it a few weeks back but he claims its worth every penny of the £999 he has it advertised for even with a knackered battery/tyre/paint etc

That is FOCCING funny, it looks like it's been fished out of a swamp and they want £999 for it  :rollin
Also claims it is the same engine as the R6  :rollin

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #923 on: 11 October 2016, 02:14:36 pm »
:agree

When I emailed the womble he still didn't back down on the R6 part :rollin
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: 11 October 2016, 02:44:46 pm »
:agree

When I emailed the womble he still didn't back down on the R6 part :rollin

and he states that he used to be a motorcycle mechanic  :rollin :rollin

Quote from the advert: 'Yamaha fazer fzs600 has been resting covered up in my back garden for over a year now' Yeah! covered up at the bottom of the swamp in his back garden  :rollin

Also

Quote from the advert: 'This motorbike should pass an MOT without any advisory apart from front tyre ' A pointless comment as it will have an advisory (what a dick)