Date: 28-03-24  Time: 08:57 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641513 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #725 on: 07 May 2016, 08:15:27 pm »
How come in the winter you have the heating on 20 degrees and you are still cold in bed, but then come the summer and its 20 degrees at night and the weather presenters start saying it will be uncomfortable sleeping

:lol. That's just one of life's mysteries ;).

I'm yet to find anyone who can tell me why golf caddie's at the big tournaments carry that great big bag around on their shoulder rather than just use a trolley to wheel it around like everyone else does :rolleyes

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 07 May 2016, 09:17:02 pm »
B.G.T.
Should be W.T.F.?

Surely the point of this program should be to find talent that isn't singing, I'm not saying singing isn't talent but is that not what they have that other show for?

Rant over, beer time :)
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 07 May 2016, 10:39:08 pm »
Fuckwits like Joey Essex being worth £4.5m - I work bloody hard and use my brain...........WTF  :grumble
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 07 May 2016, 11:56:54 pm »
How come in the winter you have the heating on 20 degrees and you are still cold in bed, but then come the summer and its 20 degrees at night and the weather presenters start saying it will be uncomfortable sleeping

:lol . That's just one of life's mysteries ;) .

I'm yet to find anyone who can tell me why golf caddie's at the big tournaments carry that great big bag around on their shoulder rather than just use a trolley to wheel it around like everyone else does :rolleyes

I want to know where does the dark go when you turn the light on..............
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 08 May 2016, 08:26:26 am »
What's with more.and more people stopping short at traffic lights.  I am noticing it more often now, filter up to red lights and the front car is a car length back from the white line.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is it that there is a space reserved for cyclists at the front? We have a lot of them in Coventry and it annoys me when people in cars ignore them and go right to the line.

Having said that I've yet to see a cyclist apart from myself  actually obey the lights in the first place so fuck knows why these were invented!  :lol
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 08 May 2016, 08:44:33 am »
No, back from the white line.  As freck says it actually helps you because you can just take a normal position when filtering rather than having to keep between cars. 

Intentionally left blank

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 08 May 2016, 08:48:20 am »
Ahh fair enough then, I'm right with you on that one!  :D

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 08 May 2016, 08:58:30 am »
What's with more.and more people stopping short at traffic lights.  I am noticing it more often now, filter up to red lights and the front car is a car length back from the white line.

Is it that there is a space reserved for cyclists at the front? We have a lot of them in Coventry and it annoys me when people in cars ignore them and go right to the line.

Having said that I've yet to see a cyclist apart from myself  actually obey the lights in the first place so fuck knows why these were invented!  :lol

I know motorbikes aren't s'posed to go in these boxes, but i did always wonder if i could argue the fact that on the old tax discs it blatantly did say "bicycle" on them!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 08 May 2016, 09:51:39 am »
I use them often, especially if I am between trucks that might not have seen me.

Intentionally left blank

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #734 on: 08 May 2016, 01:04:37 pm »

What's the problem? It means you can filter past, move into that space, then pull away without worrying about some twat trying to beat you off the line :thumbup

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: 08 May 2016, 01:07:05 pm »
I know motorbikes aren't s'posed to go in these boxes, but i did always wonder if i could argue the fact that on the old tax discs it blatantly did say "bicycle" on them!

There was a video clip of someone who deliberately rode his motorbike in a cycle lane when Police were checking and tried to make the same argument.

Nice try, but he still got a £30 fine...

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 08 May 2016, 01:19:56 pm »
when people stop in a queue at the lights but stop 10 feet from the car in front, then once you've stopped behind them they move forward.  :rolleyes

Because if the idiot behind approaches too fast, you've got a bit of space to move into, rather than having them slam into your rear.

Also Bike instructors teach you to leave a bike and a half's length between you and the vehicle in front so, if they break down or you need to avoid someone behind you, you've got room to pull past.
« Last Edit: 08 May 2016, 01:20:37 pm by Grahamm »

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 08 May 2016, 02:52:19 pm »
Didn't say there was a problem....

Intentionally left blank

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 09 May 2016, 07:09:12 am »
I was at a rehearsal yesterday afternoon and had gone there on the bike.  Popped out at half time for a bit of fresh air and there was someone I didn't know, having a chat around my bike (nothing wrong with that) but using the tail of my bike as a table for her tea and biscuits!  :eek   Really love, would you do that to someone's car?

I politely asked her not to do it and all was well, but, some poeple!  :(
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 09 May 2016, 06:30:04 pm »
I was at a rehearsal yesterday afternoon and had gone there on the bike.  Popped out at half time for a bit of fresh air and there was someone I didn't know, having a chat around my bike (nothing wrong with that) but using the tail of my bike as a table for her tea and biscuits!  :eek   Really love, would you do that to someone's car?

I politely asked her not to do it and all was well, but, some poeple!  :(

They have got a cheek haven't they! >:

Years ago when I had my brand new RD350 F2, I came back to find someone had left their bicycle parked leant up against it >:

Guess I was lucky they hadn't actually locked it to it :\

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 10 May 2016, 12:31:40 pm »
Insurance, how the foc do they calculate it?
Recieved stupid renewal quote from Carole Nash of £256, which included a broker fee of £50! Told them on phone I would not be renewing with them at any price and went online.
Got a quote of £101 from Bennets, went to their website to buy it and when checking it realised I had put wrong birth year in, 1947 instead of 1957, then the quote changed to £98, also realised I should tell them  that I am a named driver on my sons` Peugeot Boxer van who is in the middle of trying to get a claim settled against an asshole of a DPD driver who reversed into him and and is denying liability even though the dashcam shows him doing it, and then the quote changed to £92!
So come on, how the foc do they calculate it, someone must know.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #741 on: 10 May 2016, 01:14:56 pm »
First one is easy Slappy.

Based on what you told them, £101.. You then tell them you are actually young enough to have most of your faculties still, so they reduced it a bit as you are less of a risk (£98) then you told them that you wont be out on the road all of the time being a risk to others at their expense as you are a named driver on something else so they revised it down again to £92.

Work this one out though. I have two bikes on my multibike policy. Aparently, with Hastings, you cant have three bikes on a multibike policy so had to take out another policy with zero no claims etc. £170.
Went elsewhere with the same details and got it for £72. This is a 900i Triumph Tiger with no no-claims. I'm a youngster at 47 too!
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 10 May 2016, 01:26:19 pm »
Another insurance anomaly, not a bike but when I was first looking for insurance quotes for my daughters car.
She had just passed her test and I was getting some quote on different cars so we could then get a car that we know would be cheep insurance.
The section how long held a full licence, when I was looking at the time with 1 month having passed it was dearer than if I said 2 months having passed which was for when we may find a car.
So every month she held a full licence for the quote came down by something like £20 even though she had no extra driving experience.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 10 May 2016, 11:41:05 pm »
Insurance, how the foc do they calculate it?

Simple, they pick a number out of the air and think "can we get away with charging some mug that?"

If you challenge it, then, miraculously, they find a "better deal" (which they should have offered you in the first place)
« Last Edit: 10 May 2016, 11:41:51 pm by Grahamm »

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 11 May 2016, 02:48:02 am »
Just arranged a Latvian friend his 2nd year of insurance, he'd been third party only with lot's of restrictions to keep the 1st year as low as possible, directline (his present insurer) renewal was about £900, which was more or less what he paid for the 1st, with all the same restrictions. An online quote on one of the money saving sites was £513 fully comp with only a milage restriction. I called directline to see if they could compete, £1050 was the best they could do......

How the foc does that work
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 11 May 2016, 06:10:19 am »
Just arranged a Latvian friend his 2nd year of insurance, he'd been third party only with lot's of restrictions to keep the 1st year as low as possible, directline (his present insurer) renewal was about £900, which was more or less what he paid for the 1st, with all the same restrictions. An online quote on one of the money saving sites was £513 fully comp with only a milage restriction. I called directline to see if they could compete, £1050 was the best they could do......

How the foc does that work

Bollox to that mileage restriction deal, that reminds me of the one where they fit a black box tracker and monitor you constantly in your car, i'm not sure if they do it on bikes yet though?.
I got that one year for a mate of mine and the restrictions are a joke, they stitch you up from all sides, and if you consider a 2nd year what they did with him was make the total mileage of his first years driving the upper limit for the next year. Problem is, he was deliberately taking it easy the first year so as not to exceed his given limit.
Then they charged him to remove the tracker when he complained about it.

I fully understand this would be your own fault, but if i remember correctly there was a clause that if you "accidently" exceed 100mph, the tracker clocks it and you become uninsured as your policy instantly gets cancelled!
FOC that.

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 11 May 2016, 06:31:00 am »
When you lose your car keys and tear the house apart looking for them because you can't remember actually having them in the house after you get home, and you worry all night that you might have dropped them outside and some thieving little shit has taken them with the intention of coming back later to take the car, and you tell this to your wife and she worries about it too, and the next day you get a call from your mate asking for a lift so you take the spare keys and drive the car to his house, but your mrs assumes you've gone on your bike so when she gets out of the shower and sees the car gone she calls the police and reports it stolen, and the first thing you know about this is when you and your mate get pulled over by the coppers, and it turns out your darling little 17 month old daughter had put your keys in the kitchen bin which you'd emptied into the wheelie bin so had to go through all the old cat food and shit just to get it back!

Yeah that gets my goat.  :rollin

greg1953

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Aprilia RSVR
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 11 May 2016, 07:47:03 am »
On a similar vein to the insurance issues...we are with Scottish Power for gas & elec. and our elec meter recently went mad so my wife rang them to sort out the readings...after this was done she asked if they could offer us a better deal, less than two minutes later he comes back with, "how about £30 pm less ?".Why the f..k couldn't they do this in the first place ? moral of the tale..question every bill these days ,these people are doing as they please.
Greg

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 11 May 2016, 09:49:33 am »
On a similar vein to the insurance issues...we are with Scottish Power for gas & elec. and our elec meter recently went mad so my wife rang them to sort out the readings...after this was done she asked if they could offer us a better deal, less than two minutes later he comes back with, "how about £30 pm less ?".Why the f..k couldn't they do this in the first place ? moral of the tale..question every bill these days ,these people are doing as they please.
Greg

My workmate rings the same insurance firm he uses every year to challenge his new quote that he's received through the post, and they ask him every time "Who is your cheaper quote with?"
And he answers "You......online."  :rolleyes

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 11 May 2016, 02:25:03 pm »
Insurance for my son on a 20 year old 125 is about £900. If I insure the bike but with him as the main user it's about £350. And they wonder why there are so many uninsured vehicles around.
Malc

Old enough to know better.