Date: 28-03-24  Time: 16:06 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 642031 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #400 on: 07 November 2015, 08:10:21 pm »
And as if to prove my point look what I found, I took this picture exactly where it lay this afternoon in the court yard of sharp hall, from last nights lot. Its only a small one this time but must of hit the car
That's what we call a sparkler in Scotland :lol

Good job it didn't hit the car - It's a Renault which would have folded in half  :D

The car where the humans are the crumple zone :lol .......you can see where it hit...the coloured bit on the bump strip
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 07 November 2015, 08:51:08 pm »
Tiz of no great matter as it was parked in the service yard of sharp hall so it would of been one of the servants cars
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 09 November 2015, 12:48:44 pm »
Some old woman in a big fuck off Merc decided it would be okay to nudge the car forward this morning whilst sitting in static traffic.
Obviously my Hi-Vis jacket wasn't bright enough for her, or the fact that me and the bike were right in front of her car!
She slid across the corner of my end can (ooh err missus) with the plastic bumper, nearly pushing me over in the process until I banged my hand on the bonnet of her motor.
After making the bike vertical again to take the weight off my leg, and quite a few expletives later, she just sat there staring at me with a stony look that resembled an angry Queen Victoria, then a few more expletives later she eventually held her hand up as an apology.
A few more expletives later, I quickly checked the bike for any obvious damage but couldn't see any, so after a few more expletives I rode off with the hump.
There were plastic bits of the bumper sticking out of the exhaust when I got to work but fortunately there appears to be no damage.
That was at 8.30am, but I've calmed down a bit now.  :grumble
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 09 November 2015, 01:07:12 pm »
You should of  got off the bike , put it on the stand and then made a big show of taking pictures with your phone of "damage" to your bike, then a photo of her number plate and then asked her for her insurance details so that you can contact them to arrange repairs, see how stony faced she would of been then.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #404 on: 09 November 2015, 01:20:00 pm »
You should of  got off the bike , put it on the stand and then made a big show of taking pictures with your phone of "damage" to your bike, then a photo of her number plate and then asked her for her insurance details so that you can contact them to arrange repairs, see how stony faced she would of been then.

EXACTLY!!!! She wudda been left wondering if  u were gonna claim and would probably have improved her driving.  What a KNOB ....ay Darrsi ?.....
« Last Edit: 09 November 2015, 01:20:38 pm by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 09 November 2015, 01:35:48 pm »
It was at a really busy junction and I was right in the centre of it all and the traffic was properly fucked as it was, then you get the wankers all around beeping their horns.
Fortunately there's no real damage, although they'll be a nice scrape on her bumper judging by the plastic left in the join of my end can.
It was just sheer fucking ignorant and shit driving. :rolleyes

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 09 November 2015, 07:13:33 pm »
Could have been a lot worse fella- you need to remember with most (but not all) big Merc drivers is that they OBVIOUSLY own the road!  :eek 
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

stevegixer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - bandit 12 xjr13
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 09 November 2015, 07:21:53 pm »
great ride home from work ( in very high winds & rain) until a twat of a taxi driver pulled out on me ,obviously without indicating  :rolleyes on a dual carriagway , then as i eventually passed him i noticed he was texting  :wall
i didnt have my gopro on so when i got home i rang the taxi company & had a few choice words. ;)
living the dream

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 09 November 2015, 08:38:46 pm »
I was in the car a while ago in stop/start traffic behind a driver that was obviously texting. Every time the traffic in front of her moved on there was a really long pause until she realised and moved on herself. This went on for about a mile. The traffic then pulled up at a red light. When the lights changed to green...you guessed it, no movement. I gave a bip on the horn and received the 2 finger salute from her thru the back window. Charming :rolleyes.

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 09 November 2015, 08:41:17 pm »
Drivers who don't carry the most basic of emergency kit.

On my ride into work today I came across the aftermath of an accident. Young lad had just lost control of his Peugeot on a blind bend and slammed into a tree. Front end was fucked, car's a write-off, but it came to rest across both lanes with cars backing up on either side. I got off and asked if he was ok (not a scratch on him, but in shock), then tried to push the car off the road. No luck with that, so I asked the nearest few drivers if they could tow the Peugeot to the side of the road for safety's sake. None of them did, the drivers started getting impatient and going round on the verge to get past.
I stopped every car as they passed and asked if they could help.
Nobody, fucking nobody, had even a tow rope in their cars. WTF?

My basic kit includes a tow rope, light bulbs, fuel can, everything to change a wheel, medical kit, food & water.

People think if they have an AA card they don't need anything else. Fucking dicks. :rolleyes
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 09 November 2015, 08:41:56 pm »
I see loads on phones on my commute, texting, checking Facebook, grinder... They all have a tell tale drift and slow reactions
Intentionally left blank

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 09 November 2015, 09:28:26 pm »

EXACTLY!!!! She wudda been left wondering if  u were gonna claim and would probably have improved her driving.  What a KNOB ....ay Darrsi ?.....
I wonder if she even knew she nudged you. Shes sat there thinking there's some wild man waving his arms around yelling :grumble blurh  :lmao2 blab  :nana blurh!!  :crazy
Her eventual hand up was "please don't kill me crazy man"
« Last Edit: 09 November 2015, 09:29:13 pm by fazersharp »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 09 November 2015, 10:08:38 pm »

I wonder if she even knew she nudged you. Shes sat there thinking there's some wild man waving his arms around yelling :grumble blurh  :lmao2 blab  :nana blurh!!  :crazy
Her eventual hand up was "please don't kill me crazy man"

Unfortunately this is what happens when you try and nudge me off my bike from the comfort of a nice warm large motor for no reason other than sheer incompetence and shite driving, with a lack of manners thrown in for good measure.

I get upset.  :'(

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 11 November 2015, 06:09:57 pm »
Along the same lines as my "on the ground" goat getter, I have just heard and thought of another one.
There seems to be a trend from news commentators and or their script writers to jump on the phrase "gone into lock down" to try to add extra dramatics
Just heard it again right now some school kids got too hot in an over crowded classroom and q uite a few started fainting and the news item said the school had gone in to "lock down"
I would of thought opening the doors and windows would of been a better response

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 11 November 2015, 06:22:39 pm »
They were probably "locked down" aswell for health an safety.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 11 November 2015, 08:45:24 pm »
FIREWORKS again Look at this FOC I have just found next to the car

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 13 November 2015, 11:30:29 am »
The current fad of starting all sentences with "So"

In the bin with all the "Can I get" brigade.
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 13 November 2015, 11:56:46 am »
Oh DILLIGAF, I am with you on those.

"Can I get a coffee?"  "No you focing can't, you may have one, I'm the coffee make I'll get it for you!"

And yes, I've noticed everyone starting sentences with so, especially on radio and TV when people are replying to a question.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #418 on: 13 November 2015, 12:10:00 pm »
Agree with the above......and I'll add all the Motorsport interviews where they keep saying "for sure...."  Bloody gets my goat that.,...

For sure.... Lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 13 November 2015, 12:25:15 pm »
Oh DILLIGAF, I am with you on those.

"Can I get a coffee?"  "No you focing can't, you may have one, I'm the coffee make I'll get it for you!"

And yes, I've noticed everyone starting sentences with so, especially on radio and TV when people are replying to a question.

Yep im with both of you on those.
Another one I have spotted is mainly with politicians I have noticed over time that phrases and ways of speaking come and go, the current most used ones are
"We think"
"What we know is "
"what we have seen is "

J_Dub

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 13 November 2015, 02:12:41 pm »
The use of the Americanese word gotten.
So, I've gotten grumpier over the years for sure.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 13 November 2015, 02:52:29 pm »

Most American words are ours, just after the founding fathers colonised the US, our english evolved into what we hear and use today, they didn't have the same evolution hence the difference pronounciation of the same words, tomato v tomato
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

J_Dub

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 13 November 2015, 04:21:41 pm »

Most American words are ours, just after the founding fathers colonised the US, our english evolved into what we hear and use today, they didn't have the same evolution hence the difference pronounciation of the same words, tomato v tomato

I know.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 13 November 2015, 08:10:23 pm »
"you know"

No i don't f**king know thats why you are being interviewed, idiot.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

griff86

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 13 November 2015, 08:58:36 pm »
I hate it when people who have no intention of ever going buy concert tickets just to stick on eBay for more money.