Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:56 pm

Author Topic: Wales : Round 2  (Read 2181 times)

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
Wales : Round 2
« on: 04 July 2014, 03:37:24 pm »
After last years awesome tour of Wales with my Dad and brother we decided to return with some variations of last years route. Unfortunately this time my brother couldn't come as I couldn't get time off work in his school summer holiday so it was just myself and my Dad. But this trip was even better! My Dad got the tyre on his SV changed and his wheel balanced, so he was riding so much more confidently which was great. We covered about 850 miles or so in total I think and the roads were absolutely excellent and there wasn't a drop of rain. My personal favourite part of the trip is when we ended up doing a detour down some unclassified roads to a place called lake Vyrnwy which was absolutely stunning, really felt like a proper adventure as the roads were single track through moorland, forest and huge valleys and there was nobody around for miles. The lake itself was awesome too and the weather was fantastic. We also did the Llanberis pass and Snowdonia backwards to how we did it last year and I preferred it in this direction, was much better seeing the scenery and going up the pass with mount Snowdon on your right in my opinion and approaching into snowdonia you could see all of the mountains in the distance as you carved up some epic corners! Biking perfection so close to home, it really makes me want to explore further afield now and go to Europe and possibly further!

My bike felt amazing this trip, it was much more comfortable than last year and all of the work I have done to it has really paid off! Usually when I swap with my Dad and have a go on my SV I think "wow this is great" but this time I just thought I really want my Fazer back! Its trips like this that really make you realise that the Fazer 600 is such a superb little bike, plus with how mine now looks and feels I can finally say that I am finished with it at last! It was totally faultless the entire trip, handled excellent, was comfortable and I got very respectable mpg. I love the way you can just shove it in 6th for miles and miles and let it pull you through the bends with ease, its just glides along. Amazing. Here are some of the best pictures I took. This is also the first pictures of my newly Naked Fazer so I hope you all like the change as much as me:

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Re: Wales : Round 2
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2014, 05:41:57 pm »
Glad you had such a great time with perfect weather. Lake Vrynwy is amazing as is the connecting road that runs north to Lake Bala.
A week last Tuesday I set off from home in Midlands & headed up to Shropshire/Welsh Borders then rode the amazing A483 from Newtown to its intersection with the A44(Crossgates-north of Llandrindod Wells) Just bend after bend with short straights all on perfect road surfaces. I did 220 miles that day & my 600 was comfortable,flexible,good fuel economy -the best all rounder Ive ever owned. Wales is one of Motorcyclings best kept secrets especially when you get onto the minor roads. Looks like the weather has finally broken today its raining here for first time in a couple of weeks so roads "greasy". Great photos!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2014, 06:14:38 pm »
Good to hear you managed to get the bike so you're happy with it at last, and that you and your Dad had an enjoyable trip.

Wales is definitely God's biking playground! I've got some action cam footage of that very road from Lake Vyrynwy - I'm gradually building a little compilation of all the best Welsh roads (which I promise I won't inflict on anyone here!  :lol ). And as you've discovered, it's not just the popular hooning routes; such a good variety of different rides to be had - much of the enjoyment for me is also in exploring the little mountain lanes - they certainly keep you on your toes and hone your slow speed/rough surface skills. Can't help but keep going back every chance I get - the poor old license lives in fear!

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 July 2014, 06:51:26 pm »
looks awesome.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2014, 07:43:08 pm »
Good to hear you managed to get the bike so you're happy with it at last, and that you and your Dad had an enjoyable trip.

Wales is definitely God's biking playground! I've got some action cam footage of that very road from Lake Vyrynwy - I'm gradually building a little compilation of all the best Welsh roads (which I promise I won't inflict on anyone here!  :lol ). And as you've discovered, it's not just the popular hooning routes; such a good variety of different rides to be had - much of the enjoyment for me is also in exploring the little mountain lanes - they certainly keep you on your toes and hone your slow speed/rough surface skills. Can't help but keep going back every chance I get - the poor old license lives in fear!

Speaking of which any news on your summons?
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

evesdad

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2010 z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 July 2014, 08:13:02 pm »
wednesdays ride!

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 July 2014, 07:18:00 am »
That really does sound like you had fun,nice one,

we are lucky enough to live near the Welsh border,so starting to get tempted to go there more and more.

I see you went Lampeter to Aberaeron, nice off the beaten track A roads.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 July 2014, 10:28:18 am »
One more week of work then Time to force myself over ;)
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 July 2014, 11:49:42 am »

be sure to look me up !!! :)
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 July 2014, 12:27:27 pm »

be sure to look me up !!! :)

Hope I can join you - set your dates and I'll let you know.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 July 2014, 12:29:11 pm »

Kai the bike looks good mate, although id need to see a front end aspect shot but fair play you've got the right mix of nice mods going on there.......& the oh so rare "fazer" torque arm. 8)

Glad you enjoyed your Wales trip, sounds great, i take it yous stayed B&B which is also nice as you cant beat a proper shower at the end of the day & for all the little cost saves on endless bag packing and prep.

I also enjoyed my father/son trip up north......although i was woken up about 3 times and told to shut up my snoring......only for him to fall asleep and snore all foccing night :lol ...........these trips will be good memories for you both in the future.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

evesdad

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2010 z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 July 2014, 06:02:57 pm »
Unfortunately Wednesdays trip involved that most embarrassing of bike accidents.  I fell over when stopped. Dolgellau to barmouth to home was a rather painfull experience. Bike rolled forward on side stand when I was sat on it, foot caught between bike and curb so ended up pointing backwards with ankle nearly flat on floor,knee twisted wrong way + me  and nearly 200kilos of z1000 leaning on it all. Fortunately due to a very low pain threshold and the ability to scream like a girl I attracted the attention of a couple of people in a car park 100yds down the road. Honestly thought I had broken my ankle the crunching noises my leg made on the way down and the angle my foot was at when I was stuck :eek .  Spent thurs in local minor injuries unit. Nothing broken thankfully  only my phone screen and my pride ;)   On a brighter note my leg did prevent any damage to the bike

« Last Edit: 06 July 2014, 11:43:30 am by evesdad »

evesdad

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2010 z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 July 2014, 10:36:51 pm »
Sorry if that was a hijack  fantastic roads, so jammy I live where I do . Daughter spent 3 years in Lampeter uni Merthyr,Sennybridge,Llandovery,Lampeter and back was a regular ride.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #13 on: 16 July 2014, 10:34:45 am »
Thanks guys... our main holiday this year is Glamping near Maesteg so on skype last night I suggested to Mrs Robbie that if she drove up I could ride my bike up & enjoy a day or 2 out of the 8 exploring Wales on my bike... Call ended very abruptly after that lol!!

so I think I have to take that as a NO!!

:rollin :lol :rollin
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 July 2014, 01:48:38 pm »
good view of the steelworks from there. :pc