Date: 24-04-24  Time: 19:43 pm

Author Topic: Big Hi from a new member in Lincolnshire!  (Read 1753 times)

shaggy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 750
    • View Profile
Big Hi from a new member in Lincolnshire!
« on: 16 August 2015, 08:41:35 pm »
As it says in the title really, a big Hi from a new member in Louth! Bought my '02 fazer a few weeks ago & I absolutely love it!!! It's a bit like riding my old 350lc but with twice the power! It's light, handles like a dream, very flickable & extremely comfy! up till a few years ago I was always a Yamaha man then ventured away after a big off on my R1 & went Honda for a while (still have my VFR, tho it hasn't been started since I bought the fazer) I'm steadily getting used to Yamaha clunky gearboxes again! whilst working my way through bits & bobs to make it "mine". Though I am going to completely strip it over winter to make it how I want it!
A bit about me, I'm in my mid 40's been riding since I was 16 & can't ever see myself stopping, though my riding position is steadily getting more upright as the bones get older! I'm a self employed mechanic so if ever any of you need a hand, tools or advice please feel free to ask! I'm sure I will have some questions to ask as time goes by about fazer foibles!! Oh & been old & a bit of a computer flop, if someone could tell me how I add pics I will add some of my bikes!
Hopefully get to meet some of you soon.
Richard.

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Big Hi from a new member in Lincolnshire!
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2015, 09:30:10 pm »
hi, welcome it's easy to add a photo just click "Additional options" then browse and that's it.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2015, 09:33:23 pm »
Welcome to the fold Shaggy im sure you'll enjoy it on here as there's a good bit of banter at times without being completely OTT offensive like some other places.

Glad you like the fazer so much, they really are a lovely bike and I think because so many folks have owned them now and they were also good they will have a future cult status of sorts.

I like many others have been spoiled to have an FZS600 as my first bike and after that it takes some beating.....I should have started on something rubbish and then anything else would have been an improvement.

They are a capable bike that can keep up with most things on British roads until ground clearance starts becoming an issue.

Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2015, 07:25:56 am »
Hi Shaggy, welcome to the fold.

Good reviews all the time about them 600s
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

shaggy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2015, 07:47:20 am »
Thanks Chaz! here you go!

fatbloke62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2015, 05:05:47 pm »
Hi and welcome ,after two 600 fazers one  box eye and one  fox eye   I went for the vfr800, a great bike which I kept for a few years before I got a gen 1 ,I just wish I could afford to keep two bikes as I still have a fondness for the vfr8

Cellarman

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2015, 07:46:30 pm »
That's two of us in Lincolnshire now  :) (me in Skegness) I also used to have a vfr750fv
May see you over Willingham some day
Cheers Tim

shaggy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 August 2015, 08:05:33 am »
Hi Tim, I'm at Willywoods most Wednesdays & some Sunday's, weather dependant. :)

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 August 2015, 10:46:22 pm »
Hi
I'm in Linc's, Grantham.
Used to ride Caistor High st on a regular basis, is it still police/camera free?
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

shaggy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 August 2015, 09:17:54 am »
For the most part the high street is biker friendly, it got patrolled quite a bit earlier this year when a biker was killed up there, but I ride it's length regularly & haven't seen a copper on it for a while now, probably cos' this part of Lincolnshire hasn't got that many! That said the highways did the usual a while ago & gravelled it!! makes some of the corners interesting to say the least! It's ok if you stay in the tram lines but if you aren't hanging around & using the road things get a bit twitchy!!! :eek

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 August 2015, 09:45:42 am »
For the most part the high street is biker friendly, it got patrolled quite a bit earlier this year when a biker was killed up there, but I ride it's length regularly & haven't seen a copper on it for a while now, probably cos' this part of Lincolnshire hasn't got that many! That said the highways did the usual a while ago & gravelled it!! makes some of the corners interesting to say the least! It's ok if you stay in the tram lines but if you aren't hanging around & using the road things get a bit twitchy!!! :eek
Nice to see they're leaving it free for those in the know. Extremely quick road once you've worked out the blind spots and which way it goes. I think the 600 would feel a little out of its depth over most of the road, only got interesting the right side of 130 (kmh of course)
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!