Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Quickshifter

<< < (4/6) > >>

ven:
never ever used one, had a blast on my mates tracer 900gt and it was excellent

unfazed:

--- Quote from: VNA - BMW Wank on 24 February 2020, 06:35:47 pm ---
As far as I am concerned quick shifters are for racers.  Clutchless shifting without one is easy, anybody can do it.  Leaning to brake and blip the throttle whilst going down the box ain’t that hard either.  Learning these simple skills adds pleasure to riding a bike.

So quick shifter – it’s a no thanks from me.

--- End quote ---
:agree Same here VNA cannot see any good reason for having them and/or not being able to switch them off on road bikes.
Wonder if you just replaced the shift shaft and left the quickshifter connected and tied up under the seat what effect would it have?

killerwhaleTRX:

--- Quote from: unfazed on 20 February 2020, 07:07:33 pm ---  For track days and racing I can understand having a quick shifter, but on the road I fail to see any good reason for one.  :rolleyes

--- End quote ---

It´s ONLY for the noise and spitting of fire.....sound and fire are dear to me! :) (and i got launchcontrol on it as well wich is fun AF)

tommyteeman:
 :thumbup :thumbup  to quickshifters, I think they are great. Haven’t got one one on my thou, but will probably fit one at some point. If you like to pin the throttle and snick up through the gears get one.

Kenbob:
thank you for all of your replies and I appreciate the comments of those who don’t see the need to have one.
I’ve been riding since I was 17 and quickly discovered the art of clutchless upshifts on yamaha LCs, however, just because I can upshift, it still doesn’t negate the desire to have a quickshifter, We all like a little customisation don’t we. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version