Date: 20-04-24  Time: 02:53 am

Author Topic: Replacement rear brake and gear levers.  (Read 693 times)

Steve3351

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Replacement rear brake and gear levers.
« on: 24 August 2020, 11:23:51 pm »
Hi Foccers
can anyone tell me if I can get smarter looking (and lighter) rear brake and gear levers...?
My original ones are pretty scruffy and seem unnescessarily heavy compared with the alloy ones on modern bikes. :thumbup

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement rear brake and gear levers.
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2020, 07:40:20 am »
You certainly can. What your looking for are 'rear sets' and when you see the price of genuine aftermarket ones..... you'll probably decided to live with the ones you have haha
Heres an example.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/12164

There are Chinese copy's for a fraction of the cost but one with those come the usual horror stories of then snapping on people 😳 and then also the group of people who swear by using Chinese replica parts who will say they're fine and have been using them forever 🤷‍♂️ So that's your call.

The best advice I would give you is to scour ebay and find some used genuine ones that are in good condition. They shouldn't be a stupid amount of money and if your not in a rush you can even buy 1 side at a time instead of waiting for a set to come up. But thats just my 2c 👍

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement rear brake and gear levers.
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2020, 10:00:01 am »
You could polish and lacquer them. Here is a thread about doing that http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=14494.msg164068#msg164068 there is a before and after picture of my gear leaver.
I will post another new picture to show what it looks like now after 6 years.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.