Date: 28-03-24  Time: 12:36 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641799 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!
« Reply #3500 on: 19 May 2020, 10:33:49 pm »
Easy jet cyber attack, what gets my goat is that no one seems bothered. I hate doing anything on line because gaurented sooner or later its going to be hacked. Then the regulators may fine the company but who gets compensated >> no one and the regulator's pocket all the cash to pay their bonuses.
Your data is safe with us>>bull crap. And that is why the gov Corona virus app will never be trusted.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: 20 May 2020, 10:56:07 am »
the increase in power /torque comes in on a BMW R1200R because of the exup type valve in the exhaust system which is timed to come fully open once you reach a certain rev when accelerating

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: 20 May 2020, 11:46:16 am »

the increase in power /torque comes in on a BMW R1200R because of the exup type valve in the exhaust system which is timed to come fully open once you reach a certain rev when accelerating
It would appear to be for low rpm noise control.  Nothing to do with torque or power.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: 26 June 2020, 10:05:44 pm »
 Why is it that wherever people gather in large numbers they leave mountains of rubbish behind them? They reckon they collected over 2 tons of rubbish (including burger boxes with human shit in) just from Bournemouth beach yesterday. There was an illegal rave in Manchester last week an the aftermath looked like a fucking land fill site. People are just fucking disgusting.

Dynspud

• Club Racer
  • Rattle your goddamn head!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - HD Dyna Wide Glide Evo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: 27 June 2020, 08:08:01 am »
+1 Vinny
What some people do defies belief sometimes.
Take a deep breath, coz it all starts now, when you pull the foccin' pin

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: 27 June 2020, 08:23:08 am »
« Last Edit: 21 November 2020, 08:14:57 pm by YamFazFan »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: 27 June 2020, 10:13:00 am »
Why is it that wherever people gather in large numbers they leave mountains of rubbish behind them? They reckon they collected over 2 tons of rubbish (including burger boxes with human shit in) just from Bournemouth beach yesterday. There was an illegal rave in Manchester last week an the aftermath looked like a fucking land fill site. People are just fucking disgusting.

Think it was more like 40 tons.
People should take the example of the Japanese fans at the last World Cup and leave their area as they found it by picking up every scrap of rubbish.
It's not asking much, if everyone picked their own shit up as they leave you'd have a clean beach in minutes. And take it with you, don't start dumping it in nearby bins, they simply can't handle the volume.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: 27 June 2020, 10:29:27 am »
« Last Edit: 21 November 2020, 08:15:42 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: 27 June 2020, 11:04:39 am »
« Last Edit: 21 November 2020, 08:16:04 pm by YamFazFan »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: 27 June 2020, 11:12:12 am »
  (including burger boxes with human shit in)
What's the difference, pretty much how I see a burger anyway. 

Glastonbury - thats another one full of environmental preaching hypocrites.  You can actually get into glastenbury for free - as a litter picker
« Last Edit: 27 June 2020, 11:23:43 am by fazersharp »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: 27 June 2020, 11:19:12 am »
Thursday (hottest day ) went for a walk along the canal at 2 pm and there were 3 or 4 groups of at least 25 each kids gathered on foot path bridges jumping off - these are the kids the parents and teachers and their unions don't want to go back school because they cannot social distance  :eek .  Then there were also big groups of adults - all seemed to be Polish, blocking the path wont step back to give a social distance space for you to pass. Ignorant.     

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: 27 June 2020, 11:45:46 am »
Wait until the pubs open again next Saturday. Everyone that's not set a foot inside a pub for ten years will want to go the minute the doors are unbolted :rolleyes .
There's pleas now to delay the opening until a weekday in order to avoid a 'Carnival Atmosphere'. Can't see that making much difference. Everyday is carnival day to this lot.

I've been saying this for days now. Opening pubs back up, with a load of new rules in place, on a Saturday is going to cause a surge.
It would make much more sense to open on the Monday so that they can iron out any problems that arise.

I'm friends with some of the staff at my local and they've been telling me if there's a sudden downpour of rain then you either stay outside under an umbrella or you drink up and leave. But on no accounts can everyone just steam inside for shelter because all safety guidelines will be broken.
How they actually police that if they all do surge in will be interesting to watch?
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: 27 June 2020, 11:54:10 am »
« Last Edit: 21 November 2020, 08:13:40 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: 27 June 2020, 12:01:14 pm »
« Last Edit: 21 November 2020, 08:13:07 pm by YamFazFan »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: 27 June 2020, 12:12:50 pm »
Same here in Southend, a mountain of rubbish. All those bloody eastenders coming down. If the bins's full, take it home.
I blame Johnson for telling everyone the pandemic is over  :pokefun

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: 27 June 2020, 12:18:56 pm »

Also I'm sick of hearing how the lock down has affected the younger generation the most. What a load of bollox. As far as I can see they're nearly all disregarding it and enjoying 24/7 party time.

It's the elderly folk that have have been trapped indoors on their own for 14 weeks, frightened to go out that have suffered the most.

That's true, however, we need to take into account that the older and those shielding, are the one's dying the most and form a much smaller proportion of the population.  The young (below 40) are the ones going to suffer going forward, it's them that will be the highest proportion who lose their jobs, for something that will have had little or no direct effect on them.

While I'm not in support of recent beach invasions, party's and the obvious idea that to many now the virus has been defeated, is in retreat and you know who said that clap trap!  It's not and nothing like we've got absolutely no defence other than hide at present, which is what we've all been doing.  It's a balance and one you know who has got utterly wrong, mixed messages, U turns, lies etc etc, it's really no wonder the young really couldn't give a toss.  I think it's fair to say we will be seeing large areas of the country back in lockdown it's just a matter of time.   

Later

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: 27 June 2020, 12:21:07 pm »

Johnson has never once said that the pandemic is over and you know it and even if if had, it's not his fault that all these filthy fucking scumbags are crowding onto the beaches and leaving their shit behind them.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2020, 12:23:08 pm by vinnyb »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: 27 June 2020, 12:44:41 pm »
Same here in Southend, a mountain of rubbish. All those bloody eastenders coming down. If the bins's full, take it home.

Didnt realise you were in Southend? That's where I'm from. Moved away in the early 2000s back when it was nice but a bit rough. These days I'm told its nothing short of a shithole 😔☹

As for the matter at hand. I personally believe the lockdown came to an end the day they let the riots/protests continue. Regardless of what their purpose was or what views anyone holds, they should not have been allowed.
Mass gatherings were/are banned but with the government letting them go ahead (for political gain as usual) that signalled to everyone that they could do what they liked.
Now we have raves, football celebrations as well as a few crowded beaches. And if anyone tries to say say anything the only response is.... well there aren't hundreds of BLM protesters dying of Covid so it must be alright 🙄

And to be fair it hard to argue against that logic at the minute 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: 27 June 2020, 12:48:04 pm »
Sorry.... just realised this is the no politics thread 😬😬

I'll hold myself in contempt 😔

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: 27 June 2020, 01:00:05 pm »
Didnt realise you were in Southend? That's where I'm from. Moved away in the early 2000s back when it was nice but a bit rough. These days I'm told its nothing short of a shithole 😔☹
Well I'm in Rayleigh, posh Southend  :)

Yep true Johnson hasn't said it's over.
Unfortunately, a lot of stupid people have interpreted it that way. Noticeable lack of distancing, masks etc. Queuing up outside supermarkets 2 metres apart, then climbing all over each other when inside.
We will get second spikes, and people will take it very badly being retold 'Stay Home'.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: 27 June 2020, 01:02:01 pm »
« Last Edit: 21 November 2020, 08:16:39 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: 27 June 2020, 01:05:41 pm »
« Last Edit: 21 November 2020, 08:12:25 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: 27 June 2020, 01:14:32 pm »
« Last Edit: 21 November 2020, 08:11:51 pm by YamFazFan »

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: 27 June 2020, 03:13:49 pm »
High time they stopped treating it all like a big joke then, for their own sakes if no one else's.

Unless you've been living under a rock or just being your usual 'say whatever is the opposite' utter bollocks, think it's the latter myself  :rolleyes :groan

The fact they're young, going out and potentially spreading the virus around has little to no effect on them, unlike being lockdown where they lost their liberty and now many are losing their jobs and will be the ones who shoulder to the greater extent paying for it.  All because a certain group of idiots have done and not done what I stated earlier, it's they who are now treating it as a big joke.   

Later

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: 27 June 2020, 03:19:11 pm »
Seeing comments about the Liverpool idiots - they point at the beach idiots and say look they do it, and the beach idiots point at the black lives riots and say look they do it and the government look at the black lives riots --- and look away.