Brixmis

• CBT Wobbler
  • Old fart
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Yammy!
« on: 29 April 2015, 04:38:53 pm »
Hulloo chasps, JD here, known around about as Brixmis (or Brix for lazy sods like me).

I have a confession to make - I haven't got my Fazer Thou as yet - I'm testing one on Saturday and barring anything nasty wrong with it, I'll be riding it home.  :)

I've had all sorts of stuff - did my test on a TZR125 - the only other Yam I've had, though I did have a DT as a courtesy bike once, and it spent 90% of it's time with me at the local dirt track  :lol . Well, when in Rome...

I had a Tiger 900 until 2006 - best bike I've owned and I had it for 5 years, which is unheard of for me. However, I'm disabled and I got so bad that I had to sell it and thought my biking days were over.

In 2012 I was put onto morphine and the pain went away and I turned back to two wheels. As the missus refused point blank to get on anything sporty, I got a big-bore scooter, followed by a GPZ500S, which I'd had in the past and knew she liked. I've had that nearly two years now, and last year I went to test a Triumph Trophy at Webbs of Eye/Peterbohorror. Turned out the swingarm was cracked, but I spotted a 2004 Fazer Thou there and asked to test ride that instead.

Best ride I've ever had. Bar none! I honestly thought the Tiger was the comfiest, best all-round bike in existence, but I reckon the Fazer Thou has it beat hands down. What an amazing experience that test ride was - all 3 hours of it. My bum/back/knees felt like I'd just been down the shops on it. Even the missus is impressed! We've sold the car and I will be getting myself a Fazer Thou. If the one I'm testing on Saturday falls through, there are plenty of others around.

See how you can do it, if you're really sneaky.... Scooter=GPZ=Fazer Thou and what car?  They just think they are cleverer than us!  :lol

Sorry about the life story - I never know what to put in these introduction threads.  :o

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Yammy!
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2015, 05:14:45 pm »
Hello and welcome, good to see setbacks in your health have not stopped you riding.
When you have picked a fazer post a picture up of it.

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2015, 08:24:39 pm »
welcome aboard dude ,fair dues for havin the determination to get back on two wheels and the common sense to choose a great bike ,theres lots of great advice on this forum regarding mods you can do to improve this epic machine ,plenty of pics when your ready mate  :faz
please god let the sun keep shining

Brixmis

• CBT Wobbler
  • Old fart
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2015, 04:15:36 pm »
Thanx, chaps!

Here she is - just got home about 2 hours ago with her - after a very quick slice through the Saturday traffic the 50 miles from Mansfield:

Isn't she just bootiful!  :D

A mere £1750 secured her - a 2004 model, with 44k on the clock.

« Last Edit: 02 May 2015, 04:16:42 pm by Brixmis »

fazed

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2015, 04:32:45 pm »
looks clean and tasty!  Enjoy!
This is as young as you're ever going to be!

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2015, 07:37:12 am »
hello there,,tidy bike mister
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.