Date: 24-04-24  Time: 21:38 pm

Author Topic: Hello from Aberdeen and headlight mod question  (Read 1543 times)

mjohnston

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Hello from Aberdeen and headlight mod question
« on: 17 January 2013, 08:55:51 am »
Hi everyone, purchased a 2005 with 7000 miles on it and got it for a steal
Unfortunately due to the snow and ice lately not managed to get out lately -much to my dismay !
But did manage to drive it home from Glasgow and loved it - but blizzards due tomorrow so will
just have to be patient - easier said than done!
Sorry if this is going over old ground but really want to get the headlight mod done so both headlights come on and not just one - Only thing that is worrying me some people have said that after doing it they get a lot of flashes from oncoming cars and they have resorted back to the single light.
Would like to know your own experiences if this is true !
Any feedback appreciated
Cheers Mark

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Aberdeen and headlight mod question
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2013, 02:47:52 pm »
Details are here.
I found the right hand bulb needed to be rotated a bit in a clockwise direction (from the rider's point of view), other than that it's been no problem. Half my riding is at night and I don't get flashed. It passes the MOT every time without comment from the testers.

mjohnston

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2013, 09:22:17 pm »
Hi
Thanks for your reply its much appreciated and needless to say i will be doing the mod soon
Cheers

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2013, 09:31:14 pm »
Oops. Didn't spot you're on the later model... try this page.
Welcome to the site btw. :)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2013, 10:23:42 pm »
make sure the mod is done by someone who has a good understanding of bike electrics cos when i paid someone to do my carbed fzs600 they fucked it up royally and i went thru 3 reg/rect before realising what was happening. bike electrical faults r a fookin nightmare to resolve because most of the engine on a bike is open to the rain unlike a car. the water can cause untold probs. if u know any south african or aussie/zealand mechanics use them. by fook can they strip a bike and build it back up. i used many garage but when i have leccy fault i ALWAYS go to saafi/aussie/zealand garage to get it sorted.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2013, 10:28:19 pm »
and why??? cos these guys use em to farm and maintain em themselves . they learn to strip/rebuild bikes from young age just like oriental kids playin fookin violin/piano. if u near london try southern cross mc in kilburn. they run their own club race team aswell.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 January 2013, 10:30:28 pm »
sorry....had a few beers after sucha cold day....aberdeen and kilburn nw6 dont go (SHUT UP EXUPNUT U CNUT) lol   but u get the jist  :rollin     BURP!!!

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 January 2013, 10:33:26 pm »
a couple of classily placed strips of sumthin sticky on your lenses could lower the beam and not attract unwanted oncomming traffic attention if u did this mod.

mjohnston

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2013, 06:56:47 pm »
Cheers Exupnut and Fazerider
Will get it done somehow sometime when I can get my bike out of the garage and clear of the white stuff !
Brrrrrrrr too cold just now !!!!!!!!!