Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:02 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641821 times)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #700 on: 05 April 2016, 12:04:24 pm »
Fake adverts where the actors are being portrayed as real people with stuttering and pauses included in the script

Same as people who over act, or worse still people who can't stop acting even in real life.
The luvvie Emma Thompson springs to mind.  :groan
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 05 April 2016, 07:00:33 pm »
Pizza delivery boys on scooters in Stratford on a death wish coming up my left side and going straight on at the lights as I'm turning left with my indicators on in my astra van. No wonder so many of them are killed.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 06 April 2016, 11:48:34 am »
people selling cars or bikes, and say it owes me.       example car for sale yesterday 12 grand,   but have spent 17, on it last year  yes right.  more fool you.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 06 April 2016, 08:23:12 pm »
red tape/goons hiding behind it

had to ring DWP to enquire after the wife's pension since the stroke...................sorry we cannot talk to you.........but I've already spoken to you once and passed the security.....................cut a long story short, ask for supervisor and she says the same. I say I'm not asking for the code to the bank of England, all I want to know is where is the paperwork you were sending out 10 days ago?

due to data protection, I cannot confirm if the letter has been posted or not..........................GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR

F**K O** YOU T**T THE PROBLEM IS WITH YOUR END NOT ME, GET A F****N GRIP OF YOUR PEOPLE

I'll feed your feedback into the system she said

guess what I told her?

fire never sleeps

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 06 April 2016, 08:36:59 pm »
Oh yeh that one will push my buttons every time --- a call from my gas supplier or whoever. I say
is it about my overdue payment
we can not tell you anything until you confirm who you are mr fazersharp
Yep thats me
Well we have to ask you some security questions
well what for - YOU rang me !
whats your post code and DoB
Well hold on how do I know who YOU are - whats my customer number
We cannot tell you until you confirm your post code and DoB
Well I ant telling you that until you prove who YOU are
At this point they are now getting shirty with ME ffs
Well mr Fazersharp if you will not confirm your id I am afraid I am going to have to end this call
WELL FOCING GREAT - I never asked you to call in the first place -- the cheque is in the post.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 06 April 2016, 08:38:59 pm »
red tape/goons hiding behind it

had to ring DWP to enquire after the wife's pension since the stroke...................sorry we cannot talk to you.........but I've already spoken to you once and passed the security.....................cut a long story short, ask for supervisor and she says the same. I say I'm not asking for the code to the bank of England, all I want to know is where is the paperwork you were sending out 10 days ago?

due to data protection, I cannot confirm if the letter has been posted or not..........................GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR

F**K O** YOU T**T THE PROBLEM IS WITH YOUR END NOT ME, GET A F****N GRIP OF YOUR PEOPLE

I'll feed your feedback into the system she said

guess what I told her?

Do you not have power of attorney over your wife's affairs?

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 06 April 2016, 09:06:53 pm »
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

don't get me fuckin started on powers of attorney :tape

she said I'd have to go down that route, I said me wife's in bed not in the fucking grave, she's had a stroke and I'm just trying to sort things without stressing her even more

blah blah blah she says, so I said to her...............you really expect me to go and pay a solicitor just so I can speak with you?................I don't have 2 minutes to myself let alone going out to meet a brief, FFS get a grip of your organisation. I'm off with stress and you're just adding to my woes

CNUT
fire never sleeps

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 06 April 2016, 10:01:16 pm »
Oh yeh that one will push my buttons every time --- a call from my gas supplier or whoever. I say
is it about my overdue payment
we can not tell you anything until you confirm who you are mr fazersharp
Yep thats me
Well we have to ask you some security questions
well what for - YOU rang me !
whats your post code and DoB
Well hold on how do I know who YOU are - whats my customer number
We cannot tell you until you confirm your post code and DoB
Well I ant telling you that until you prove who YOU are
At this point they are now getting shirty with ME ffs
Well mr Fazersharp if you will not confirm your id I am afraid I am going to have to end this call
WELL FOCING GREAT - I never asked you to call in the first place -- the cheque is in the post.

Had the exact same thing the other day.

"Hi Pilninggas, this a call about your lectric a-cunt.

-Can you confirm your postcode", me -"No, you called me, you could be anyone, how's the weather in Lagos?" "Um, about your postcode". "Do one pal, you called me, now sling your hook", hang-up.

They can send me a red letter.

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 07 April 2016, 12:43:00 pm »
To be fair they have to confirm they are speaking to the right person. We have to do that when we phone up patients from the hospital. Some people don't want other people to know they are ill or possibly what they are ill with, so we have to make sure it is the patient before we disclose any details. Mind you the bank or whoever should be expected to prove who they are as well.
« Last Edit: 07 April 2016, 12:44:12 pm by crickleymal »
Malc

Old enough to know better.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #709 on: 07 April 2016, 01:04:42 pm »
I had a great one like this with a credit card agency a few years ago,
they rang me bout paying off the balance , but somewhere along line the card had swapped agency's and they had put my DOB in wrong!
Hi Mr Robbie can you confirm your date of birth
Yes its 8 6 66
no that's not correct do you use another one?
no I'm not the queen I only have one birthday a year on 8th June every year!
well we can progress this call
can I speak to your supervisor please?
they will only tell you the same thing !
that's fine transfer me to your supervisor
hello supervisor speaking
you've got my date of birth wrong in your system
no we haven't
oh that's fine then in that case can i have a transcript of this conversation please?
whys that?
so when I don't pay my balance off you cant take me to court because I don't exist on your system as my date of birth is wrong!!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 07 April 2016, 07:10:43 pm »
Porquoi moi?

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 10 April 2016, 03:59:13 pm »
In the cage with the family struggling to get through city centre traffic which is in gridlock due to a half marathon race. I'm blocking a junction for about a few seconds longer than necessary due to nose to tail cars. Fat wanker in a full race suit out with his mates all on their expensive toys gives me the head shake like I'm a fucking idiot!!  :2guns  Get a life you middle aged obnoxious fat cunt, go back to your garage with your sunday fair weather toy and get waxing, it's about all you and your bike are good for.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 19 April 2016, 10:24:43 pm »
amateur family chefs

you know the ones.............they make you a great pie/meal/pudding etc and you ask how do you do that, what did you put in it.....I'd love to have a go?

oooohhhhhh.....I can't tell you

well foc right off then.......do you think I'm a spy from M&S or I'm about to sell a trade secret to some Michelin starred chef?

all I want to do is make the family/mates the same wonderful meal that you just made for me......FFS!
fire never sleeps

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 21 April 2016, 07:45:55 am »
Carole Nash Insurance who I rang up to see if my bike keys were covered for theft when we were burgled in Barcelona ( bike outside locked to a tree )
..They said no sorry....but 3 years later brought it up as a theft that I hadn't told them about !!

I said my wifes  i pad was nicked too that aint covered by you , wanna load me for that ? its nothing to do with my bike insurance if you don't cover it.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 21 April 2016, 10:24:07 am »
Dumb sale's team at pro bolt. Sent and email explaining I needed a m10 bolt with a shoulder length of 40mm or just under, sent me a link for a 40mm bolt, sent another email explaining that the shoulder is the unthreaded part of the fastener and that the bolt length isn't important, just the shoulder length (I can cut the thread down)

She sent a link to two more bolts but no dimensions  :wall :wall :wall

Focin prices they charge for their products you'd think they'd employ someone who knew what the foc I wanted
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 21 April 2016, 10:42:15 am »
Another thing that piss's me off is when I dont read the focin email correctly and jump to conclusions lol

Bit of egg on my face  :o :o :o
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 21 April 2016, 05:26:44 pm »
Sellers on Ebay who do not put you name or house number on the package. How  foccing hard can it be? :o

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 26 April 2016, 11:46:54 pm »
all the rats in power who labelled me and my City as murderers who pissed on the Police and pickpocketed from the dead. You've all gone into hiding and fucking quiet today, you bunch of fucking shithouses
fire never sleeps

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 05 May 2016, 01:52:39 pm »
The big outcry about there not being enough women in job certain roles, as in today the BBC bleating on about there are not enough women film directors.
The BBC never moans that there are not enough Men as nursery school teachers do they.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #719 on: 06 May 2016, 02:45:40 pm »
:agree

I work in an industry that was historically a male industry. Now women are being promoted above men simply because they are women rather than on merit or experience. Its the same in many other industries and not just related to male/female but for ethnic reasons.

Look at the police and fire service for example. They reduced the height requirements and the strength tests to get women and small Asians etc into the mix simply to meet some unreasonable target. The result is now that some fire service staff don't have the physical strength  to carry someone out of a burning building and coppers who cant hold their own in a pub brawl.

People should be recruited/promoted to do a job because they can meet the requirements for that job, not dumb down the job so that they can meet some other non-sensible requirement.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 07 May 2016, 04:08:12 pm »
How come in the winter you have the heating on 20 degrees and you are still cold in bed, but then come the summer and its 20 degrees at night and the weather presenters start saying it will be uncomfortable sleeping

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 07 May 2016, 04:16:58 pm »
How come in the winter you have the heating on 20 degrees and you are still cold in bed, but then come the summer and its 20 degrees at night and the weather presenters start saying it will be uncomfortable sleeping

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/2p0455/eli5_why_do_i_feel_colder_inside_my_house_in_the/
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 07 May 2016, 04:26:54 pm »
What's with more.and more people stopping short at traffic lights.  I am noticing it more often now, filter up to red lights and the front car is a car length back from the white line.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Intentionally left blank

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 07 May 2016, 05:53:19 pm »
What's with more.and more people stopping short at traffic lights.  I am noticing it more often now, filter up to red lights and the front car is a car length back from the white line.

This really p@&*es me off too. Also when people stop in a queue at the lights but stop 10 feet from the car in front, then once you've stopped behind them they move forward.  :rolleyes
My car's got start/stop on it so when they move forward my engine's already shut down to save fuel. If I move forward too, the start/stop function doesn't work again.  :groan

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 07 May 2016, 06:13:21 pm »

This really p@&*es me off too. Also when people stop in a queue at the lights but stop 10 feet from the car in front, then once you've stopped behind them they move forward.  :rolleyes
My car's got start/stop on it so when they move forward my engine's already shut down to save fuel. If I move forward too, the start/stop function doesn't work again.  :groan
Oh yeh that gets my goat too, even though I dont have the stop start shit, dont mine the big gap at the front though when I am on my bike and filtering-----I just say "thak-you" for saving me a space