Date: 16-04-24  Time: 14:25 pm

Author Topic: Greetings from Sunny Devon  (Read 1971 times)

Fowlersrs

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Greetings from Sunny Devon
« on: 12 March 2012, 08:41:22 pm »
Hi guys,

Im a 26 yr old youngster returning to the biking community after a break of 5 years, got my theory at the end of the month followed by DAS, I will then be in the market for a Fazer.. been looking at a few bikes already just incase the right deal pops up..

anyone know anything about this bike? look a good deal?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201210455717195/sort/priceasc/usedbikes/cc-to/600cc/cc-from/600cc/model/fzs/make/yamaha/radius/60/page/1/postcode/ex169dn?logcode=p

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Sunny Devon
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2012, 09:33:48 pm »
Welcome! (I'm new to this sie as well!).

One point of advice to consider whilst you're looking at the bikes is to consider the insurance if you haven't already. Also, if you're not sure of your way round bikes, take a trusted mate with you.

I just bought a one-owner, 10,500 mile 2008 (58 plate) FZ6 S2 Fazer from a (good) local dealer, £3500 (advertised £4k). There was an '03 plate FZS6 up for sale at £1895 (probably £1600-£1700 if you haggle), that one in your link looks like it could be a good deal, if you offer cash, you'd probably get the price down a bit more if s/he's itching to sell.

Good luck with the test, and whatever machine you subsequently buy.

Fowlersrs

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2012, 09:43:22 pm »
Welcome! (I'm new to this sie as well!).

One point of advice to consider whilst you're looking at the bikes is to consider the insurance if you haven't already. Also, if you're not sure of your way round bikes, take a trusted mate with you.

I just bought a one-owner, 10,500 mile 2008 (58 plate) FZ6 S2 Fazer from a (good) local dealer, £3500 (advertised £4k). There was an '03 plate FZS6 up for sale at £1895 (probably £1600-£1700 if you haggle), that one in your link looks like it could be a good deal, if you offer cash, you'd probably get the price down a bit more if s/he's itching to sell.

Good luck with the test, and whatever machine you subsequently buy.

thanks buddy, yeah insurance is something ive bared in mind, hence one of the reasons why im not doing what one of my neighbours has done and bought a zx6 lol.. hes paying in excess of a thousand pounds and thats not even fully comp, pure madness. makes my quote for 275 FC for a fazer seem great!! and I dont think thats even cheap if theres a load of golden oldies on here ready to pounce!! yeah im beginning to get a good idea of what to look out for now and what price u should be paying for, there seems to be alot of dealers with fazers who seem to slap services on them then ask 500 more to make their profit... ive got 2 trusted neigbours who are tech savvy and riding big bikes so theyve already offered too come and view with me provided dinners on the cards  :D
« Last Edit: 12 March 2012, 09:44:24 pm by Fowlersrs »

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2012, 05:23:14 am »
Hi, good luck with the theory test and your search for a Fazer.