Date: 28-03-24  Time: 21:19 pm

Author Topic: Bike Weight  (Read 1135 times)

M4RTIN

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZX9R F2P x2 & Fazer 6
    • View Profile
Bike Weight
« on: 06 September 2019, 05:47:47 am »
I am looking for ways to help my wife with her bike. I have got it all sorted for her apart from the weight.It is a very top heavy bike, and i am looking for a aftermarket exhaust to fit on it.
But before i buy one can anyone tell me if it help make the bike feel lighter changing the exhaust.Also any thoughts on what else i could do to remove top end weight from the bike.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Weight
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2019, 09:14:19 am »
I got rid of the stock exhaust outlets and de-cat and replaced them with Scorpion equipment. All fitted nicely, surprised how heavy the stock stuff was

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2019, 09:40:34 am »
I read elsewhere that you can change the standard underseat exhaust for a side-mounted pipe which would bring a bit of the weight down lower, but IIRC you have to remove the centre stand which might negate the advantage (although it would reduce the weight a bit)

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 September 2019, 09:50:03 am »
The battery looks poorly positioned from a C of G viewpoint. I’d guess that relocating it is not likely to be possible, but replacing it with a lithium one might help.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #4 on: 06 September 2019, 08:20:46 pm »
Theoretically, if you replaced the underseat pipes with a side-mounted system, you could put the battery in the space under the seat which would move its weight lower.