Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:06 pm

Author Topic: Taming the FZ6 clutch - mt07 push lever?  (Read 1371 times)

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
Taming the FZ6 clutch - mt07 push lever?
« on: 21 August 2019, 11:08:32 pm »
Yeah clutch on the FZ6 is a bit naff. Got to release it a huge amount before it starts to bite, then just release a fraction more to fully drop it. It's stiff, it's on-off, easy to stall and tricky to smooth. And that's after a brand new cable...

Saw this hack:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fz6/comments/b6rqrv/i_recommend_this_mod_you_can_buy_a_new_mt07/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_title

Swap the clutch push lever on top of clutch case cover for longer arm one off mt07. Part num: 1WS-16340-00

Anyone tried this?
Easy to swap? Or does clutch cover need to come off?

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: Taming the FZ6 clutch - mt07 push lever?
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2019, 08:27:47 pm »
Yes, I tried it. I actually made a longer push lever, and it did make a difference. My problem was that I found the clutch hard work in traffic/up and down the box as I found it heavy to operate. A problem not mentioned on the post is that you will also have to modify the cable support bracket (the chrome one in the picture) as the longer arm alters the angle at which the cabel passes through the hole. Excess wear may result if you dont. Grahamm still has mine, he tried it a while ago, I lent him both parts, he may wish to lend them onto you for a cheap trial.

However, I cant praise the Magura hydraulic clutch unit I fitted a couple of years ago enough. Its been brilliant, light as feather, consistent take up,  and easy to install. Not cheap, but a great piece of kit