Date: 28-03-24  Time: 17:20 pm

Author Topic: E-cigs  (Read 12519 times)

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
Re: E-cigs
« Reply #25 on: 14 January 2014, 08:23:47 am »
DX which make and model do you use ?

I'm finding getting unbiased reviews very hard as the reviews all seem to be but the shop selling them and each shop only seems to sell one make .

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 January 2014, 12:20:00 pm »
be careful with the chargers folks, we're starting to get reports through of exploding lithium batteries being overcharged and shooting exploding bits up to 2mtrs and starting house fires :eek
fire never sleeps

snapper

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 January 2014, 12:59:50 pm »
exploding ? flipping heck maddog  not heard that before ?
are these just rumours or confirmed ? 

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 January 2014, 02:55:05 pm »
confirmed

its the overcharging of the lithium battery apparently
fire never sleeps

dx408

• custard tart muncher
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki V-Strom 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 January 2014, 03:09:24 pm »
I have seen reports about this as well I charge via USB off the computer and have never had a problem just take care in case
Dont ask it's a chef thing
After 15 years EX-Fazer owner XJR. XJR gone FJR, FJR gone NEW FJR that's gone, now Triumph Tiger Explorer  an CB400n Superdream sold BMW 650 Funduro sold Now a R1200GA Adventure Rallye next ? OK so where next turns out to be V-Strom 1050 NEXT?

snapper

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 14 January 2014, 03:48:37 pm »
I've seen lithium battery's go up before from mobile phones to remote control toys , but this has usually been down to being damaged or water , a lot are now being replaced with some thing called a HiLo battery ( I think) which is meant to be safer but more expensive

oldmotherfoccer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • WWW.FATMAGGOT.COM
« Reply #31 on: 16 January 2014, 11:12:02 am »
OMF do you mean the ones in the you tube clip are the ones you sell ? if so do foccers get a special deal ?

do you know which flavours have nicotine in ?

Yup those are the ones we sell, the bubblegum flavour has been thoroughly tested by Deefer even though he hasn't smoked in years but then that is one of the weaker flavours.

Most of the flavours have Nicotine in and most people smoke them without even noticing, you can buy nicotine flavours but they are more expensive and have to come from a registered tobacconist as they are then subject to duty payments. A lot of people sell them by the strength rating on the side but that is the strength of the nicotine flavouring and they do not actually contain nicotine.
Fat Maggot Clothing Company - remember FOCU15 to claim your foccers discount

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16 January 2014, 08:39:31 pm »
OMF do you mean the ones in the you tube clip are the ones you sell ? if so do foccers get a special deal ?

do you know which flavours have nicotine in ?

Yup those are the ones we sell, the bubblegum flavour has been thoroughly tested by Deefer even though he hasn't smoked in years but then that is one of the weaker flavours.

Most of the flavours have Nicotine in and most people smoke them without even noticing, you can buy nicotine flavours but they are more expensive and have to come from a registered tobacconist as they are then subject to duty payments. A lot of people sell them by the strength rating on the side but that is the strength of the nicotine flavouring and they do not actually contain nicotine.
So nicotene flavour liquids don't contain nicotine?
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

oldmotherfoccer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • WWW.FATMAGGOT.COM
« Reply #33 on: 18 January 2014, 10:16:17 pm »
if by 24 you mean 24mg, yes some of the flavours will cover that, we have
APPLE               24mg/ml
BLUEBERRY                 24mg/ml
BUBBLE GUM            06mg/ml
CANABIS               00mg/ml
CHOCOLATE            11mg/ml
COFFEE               11mg/ml
COLA               06mg/ml
GRAPE               24mg/ml
LEMON               11mg/ml
MENTHOL               11mg/ml
MELLO MANGO            06mg/ml
ORANGE               11mg/ml
RASPBERRY            11mg/ml
ROOT BEER                      24mg/ml
TUTTI FRUITI            11mg/ml
VANILLA               11mg/ml
Fat Maggot Clothing Company - remember FOCU15 to claim your foccers discount

dx408

• custard tart muncher
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki V-Strom 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 January 2014, 10:49:37 am »
At the moment I use a Tabac with a standard 510 battery (510 is the connection not a rating the same as the ego ones) I am on 8mg/ 6mg usually use RY4 (slight caramel flavour) you can buy tobacco flavours almost anywhere such as TECC. totally wicked etc no price difference in any of them http://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/products/e-liquid/pre-mixed/titan-fluid-products.html
Some people like to stick to a brand (like fags) as they all vary a bit. I find that the higher the nicotine the harsher the draw off them.
I started with Tesco ones with cartomisers then moved on to a microlite from there to a titan tank system (liquid is cheaper than replacement cartomisers and more flavours available) then I went to an Ego-C and now on this thing the Tacac works OK but the atomisers I find do not last as long, as they have a 510 thread I can use my battery's from the Ego and in fact the titan.

It is just the same as fags there are many to choose from each with good and bad points, if you are new to it maybe try either a disposable or one of the cheap ones from Asda or Tesco to see if you get on with them then move onto the better types and experiment with flavours etc 
After 15 years EX-Fazer owner XJR. XJR gone FJR, FJR gone NEW FJR that's gone, now Triumph Tiger Explorer  an CB400n Superdream sold BMW 650 Funduro sold Now a R1200GA Adventure Rallye next ? OK so where next turns out to be V-Strom 1050 NEXT?

bobdog

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - mt09 tracer slr650
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21 January 2014, 01:07:58 pm »
i was buying 40 richmond menthol a day at the time £7 for 20 £98 a week £5000 a year!  fucking ridiculous! that £7 is now about £7.60. i stopped the cigs 18months ago, i bought the e.cig kit the e.wicked type for £60 ( some people thought £60 was expensive) just 4 days buying cigs to me . ive never touched a cig since, still on the e.cig, no intention of packing them in to be honest, much better than smoking cigs less harmfull, £6 a week best thing i ever did :) :)

kawasutra

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 January 2014, 02:06:20 pm »
yep they are the ones we sell, 2 in a kit with 1 charger, 2 chambers so you can alternate flavours in a zipped pouch, £22 complete, bottles of flavours are £3 each

If you put it on your e shop, I'd e buy it.  :D

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 January 2014, 06:39:20 pm »
I'm getting confused here (doesn't take much).
So those "flavours" listed with mg amounts, DON'T have any actual nicotine in them???

How many Ex smokers think they are getting a nicotine fix when in fact they are not :lol  proving you really don't need it  8)

Just for the record, I gave up the fags when they went up to a pound a pack!

snapper

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21 January 2014, 08:34:22 pm »
"a pound a pack" Wow your showing your age there !  :lol

dx408

• custard tart muncher
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki V-Strom 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21 January 2014, 09:36:00 pm »
I'm getting confused here (doesn't take much).
So those "flavours" listed with mg amounts, DON'T have any actual nicotine in them???

How many Ex smokers think they are getting a nicotine fix when in fact they are not :lol  proving you really don't need it  8)

Just for the record, I gave up the fags when they went up to a pound a pack!

MG rating IS how much nicotine is in the liquid you can get 0MG liquid right up to 54 MG (more if you mix your own) I started on 18MG and am now down to 6/8mg dependant on where I buy it.

The flavour is just that a flavour and MG is the strength

Eshops such as TECC, E-Ciggy and totally wicked sell on line and accept paypal as well as other payment methods.

Panthor

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 January 2014, 04:13:35 pm »
Just a word of advice for anyone using ecigs. If you find you have a really red/sore throat after using one, you could well have an allergy/sensitivity to the PG (propylene glycol) in the liquid. I have this and so can only use liquids that are pure VG (vegetable glycerin). These are quite uncommon as most eliquids are made by mixing the 2 together I think usually 70pg/30vg.
I have found 2 places that do pure VG (which also produces a lot more vapour when used), www.nucig.co.uk is the best and you can order online, but are more expensive, also I get some from www.easyvape.co.uk but you have to phone them for the pure VG, less choice but cheaper. Hope this helps someone, also if anyone knows anywhere else that does pure VG can they let me know

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 31 January 2014, 06:04:37 am »
I have been roll up free (50grams+ a week) habit for over 2 weeks now. Already I feel better, coughing stop and wheezing in the morning.
I use a Shisha time infinity, good battery life, more than a day on one charge. The standard atomizer works well, but you do get a plastic after taste, moved on to a glass tank, much smoother vapour. I use from 16mg, down to 0mg nicotine, mixing as I go. I find fruit flavours really nice, cola, berry blitz and strawberry my favourite.
I find tobacco flavours a bit harsh, had a 24mg golden Virginia and that was vile!
Keeping to fruit flavours helps me keep away from fags.
I'm gradually reducing nicotine, but have the extra strength should I crave more .
Do get a bit light headed and get a bit of tummy ache, if been giving it some, but so much better than coughing until your wretching your guts up :eek .
I also have a Kamry K100 mechanical mod , very funky with blue anodised body, this is a telescopic ecig, has a 2000mAh battery and a special fuse to prevent it blowing up :eek . The vapour off this mod really hits the spot.
As always loads of bids with American twats testing them on you tube,but worth a watch.

Anyone see the tonight program on Ecigs.
Watch that and make your own choice. Currently no testing on how much safer than standard death sticks :rolleyes

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 31 January 2014, 07:02:10 am »
I gave up smoking in 1988 when and my first wife decided to try for a baby. I smoked 40 Marlboro a day and about 60 a day at the weekends. I went to see a hypnotist for 3 occasions and couldn't believe that i dropped from 40 a day to 5 in under 2 weeks. I don't even think it was real hypnotism but gentle relaxation and thought suggestion. The lady doing it made a tape and i would listen to it every evening lying on my bed in the dark. The sessions were £25 a time and I'd actually stopped after the 2nd session.
I started smoking again in '93 after a friend came around who smoked rollies with Liquorice papers. Damn, i went straight onto 20 a day but quit again after 2 weeks when i realised how quickly i was hooked again. I've not touched one since.
My daughter from my first marriage used to smoke but has mostly given up but my 2 sons from my second marriage both smoke, even though their Mother and I have never smoked in their lives. It breaks my heart that they do. I can honestly say that smoking is my biggest regret in life. Except running around with my trousers around my ankles and going gobble gobble every time someone says Holiday Turkey. Click, and you're back in the room.

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.