Date: 28-03-24  Time: 11:12 am

Author Topic: mounting devices on your fazer- whats your solution  (Read 1253 times)

oberonspacefruit

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
mounting devices on your fazer- whats your solution
« on: 07 October 2016, 02:21:52 pm »
Ive got a heated grip controller, and a usb socket i need to mount.
I dont like the handlebar mounted brackets, as i think it looks cluttered and its more open to the elements
im thinking about making a plate to house them, that looks like it might have been put on in the factory, as part of the dash, like somthing that may have been designed to display a temp-oil pressure guage or similar.
Has anyone come up with a good looking solution for this to save me reinventing the wheel?
at the moment im thinking of  a brushed alloy plate near the speedo, but the gold colour may be hard to reproduce..... :rolleyes
whats your solution?

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: mounting devices on your fazer- whats your solution
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2016, 02:40:13 pm »
Is it a f/boxeye?

On my box eye you can remove the inlay panels on the fairing left and right of the handle bars. There's plenty of space underneath them and they can easily be drilled or cut out for you to attach things.

Do you really want to plug usb devices into your dash? If you put it on the inlay you can then store whatever your charging in a tankbag or under the seat without taking wires over the handlebars
« Last Edit: 07 October 2016, 02:42:10 pm by Bretty »
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

oberonspacefruit

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2016, 03:01:30 pm »
the bikes the one in my avatar.....id considered the fairing, its just that if i make a bracket im not cutting into anything so it can always go back to standard. Im not so anal that im totally against it though if its the best solution, which is why im looking for opinions........

just thought that up around the clocks is out of the rain, it says its a waterproof usb socket, but it would be good to give it a helping hand.
thanks for the suggestion though.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2016, 03:46:31 pm »
Oh okay, a boxeye. I couldn't see it very well as I'm on my mobile and your avatar is about 5mmx4mm.
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2016, 04:09:13 pm »
Stuck my heated grip control onto my fairing infill panel, it's out the way and the fairing gives it a bit of protection from the weather.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.