Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:43 am

Author Topic: Not many this clean FZS1000 on ebay  (Read 1773 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Not many this clean FZS1000 on ebay
« on: 29 June 2020, 08:25:51 pm »
Now and again I have a look at what's for sale on e-bay.
I've still got my thou lying in my garage looking sorry for itself.  It needs some TLC.
But then I keep wondering, if the best route to keeping a thou on the road, is not to spend time and money on my exisitng bike, but to pick up a clean low mileage used example.
I mean look at this.  It looks genuine, it's even still got the crap Metz OE tyres on it.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-fzs-1000-special-edition-2320m-truly-faultless-best-in-country/313128555980

Too far away for me.  But that could be a very nice bike for somebody. 

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Re: Not many this clean FZS1000 on ebay
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2020, 08:34:42 pm »
Feck, thats clean. You can even see where brake discs sat in the same location for how ever many years. not a fan of the colour scheme though.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2020, 08:50:44 pm »
Is it just me or does it look like the engine covers have been painted? They look a slightly different colour black than the main block. Also the generator cover (I think) seems to have lots of little chips out of it (as if it were painted, not coated)

Also the bottom of the rear set seems to have consistent scrape/scratch marks along it and the link pipe looks to have a ding🤔

Might just be me scrutinising too much but could it have been in a minor slide or been dropped then had all new bits put on? Hence why its so clean?
« Last Edit: 29 June 2020, 08:51:56 pm by Dudeofrude »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2020, 09:09:39 pm »
Naw Dude I think you are seeing things.The only thing I note is the frame covers over the swing arm pivot have a few marks.I think it's genuinely mint.3 owners, seems a bit odd that not one of them put any miles on it.But naw it looks like the real deal.

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2020, 09:19:00 pm »
The different  colour shade is common on the black engine bikes, there's another on ebay red 2001 , item number 164266109371, 2206 miles
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2020, 09:34:02 pm »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2020, 09:46:37 pm »
Fair enough I'm just always dubious with bikes this old but this clean especially when they have such low mileage too 🤷‍♂️

I've also know a guy that did that exact con with a speed triple. He had a slowish (15-20mph) crash then got his mate (who works as a car sprayer at one of those crash repair places) to go over it and fix all the cosmetic damage, replaced all the little parts (bar ends, footpegs etc) then traded it into a local dealer without saying a word. The dealer obviously must have noticed something wasn't quite right as they had it fully resprayed and a sticker pack put on then it was up for sale as a 'mint' 'prestine' 'showroom condition' low milage bike when in reality 3 months earlier it has been in a ditch at the side of the A16 😬
« Last Edit: 29 June 2020, 09:48:10 pm by Dudeofrude »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2020, 10:23:10 pm »
Blind and paranoid then Dude :lol

But no, I hear you.  If I was getting really tempted, I'd still want to pop down and eye ball it, hear it running, and if poss have a five minute ride.  Photos are one thing, but seeing it in the flash is another.
And of course carbs, along with modern fuel, good chance they are a bit gummed up.

But I think those three may well be real minters. 

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 June 2020, 01:08:37 pm »
i saw that on a peruse too. And also wondered about the three owners.
I got the same dilemma as you now VNA. Ive got my fazer back, but have only ridden it once. Trouble is ive been useing the xjr13 through the glorious weather and i like riding a big grunty nekkid. I guess that'll change when the weather does
I ride in a pisspot all the time now, at around 70-80. The xjr is fine for that. I dont really go any quicker on the thou, despite its half fairing. last winter, I was useing my Harley more. 45mph with my heated jacket on in a pisspot is actually better in the cold than 70-80 on a sportsbike. for me anyhoo.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2020, 01:13:11 pm by ogri48 »

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 June 2020, 02:50:57 pm »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 June 2020, 07:45:12 pm »

I got the same dilemma as you now VNA. Ive got my fazer back, but have only ridden it once.
Yeah – good to hear you got it back. :thumbup   Take it things have much improved for you.

I’m gonna be back at work five days a week next week.  Shocking, I’ve been doing alternative weeks since lockdown – apart from a three day week this week.  I’m gonna complain to the union. :lol

A pisspot? 

You know what?  I miss my Fazer (it’s sorn and needing a little TLC)

Plus, though, I don’t mind riding in the rain.  Well the Beemer is spotless.  I don’t like taking it out in the rain.

I  also fear if I start trying to take things apart, I’ll just start breaking stuff.  The Fazer scrubs up no bad, but she did live outdoors for her first 7 summers, and I’m not bothered about riding in the rain – so there are lot of foosty fasteners.

no close-up shots though, and asking £4500 for a 2001, even with only 3k on the clock is pushing it.
Probably all a bit high.  I’d say they are all asking dealer prices.  The other thing is, sadly, the reality is more and more people are gonna have to let bikes go over the next year or so – I think dealer and private prices will slide a little.

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 July 2020, 06:37:05 pm »

Mine is cleaner and minter than any of those listed for sale. It's done 27K now. I just keep it for dry clean roads and wipe it after every use.

There's a multitude of marks visible on the first one VNA listed, I don't think it's all that. Certainly not as good as mine.

Just saying.
is it clean enough?

steve65

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1200S
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 July 2020, 10:22:42 pm »
Not as clean as mine either (although 10k Miles ‘and all due respect to the previous owner) and I didn’t pay that much. Looks like very top end of the dealer prices there. Good luck though. I think the Fazer Is a well kept secret and there are some crackers still out there. 
« Last Edit: 01 July 2020, 10:42:46 pm by steve65 »

Decoke Dave

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 July 2020, 09:17:47 am »
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-fzs-1000-special-edition-2320m-truly-faultless-best-in-country/313128555980

Seems to be sold!  I'm not surprised, Its all supply and demand!   As we know tremendous machines and now getting rare in this condition! Try finding a better one for sale at the moment.  Having restored several older classics, Kawasaki H2B, H1E, Yamaha RD400F, years ago you could find many of the less sought after items at dealers, bought by them years ago, not sold, and then available at discounted prices, but not now! Since Fazers were introduced almost no dealers keep a stock of large or small items particular to a specific model, yes , gaskets, filters, bolts, seals, and various consumable service items.  You will find now many parts for Fazer FZSs  are N.L.A. or you will have to pay the 2020 cost new direct from Yamaha for almost anything, you never see a dealer advertising a load of " new old stock parts ".  I dread to think what it would cost! If you want a good one, buy the best you can afford within reason, there are loads of eternal money pit dogs out there!  P.S. any sought after items inevitably end up in a bidding war on "Evil Bay"!
If at first you don't succeed, pull your foreskin ower yer heid!