Date: 28-03-24  Time: 14:25 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 209707 times)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #250 on: 16 November 2018, 12:52:25 am »
This just about sums it up

I'd laugh, but that's exactly what Cameron did: Got us into this situation, said he wouldn't resign, then focced up and walked away leaving others to try to sort out the mess he'd left us with... :(

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 16 November 2018, 10:55:15 am »

Cameron just joined a long list of those that resigned of those that did the Blair went to war in Iraq, Brown  pensions. Cameron dropped us in the sh*t and resigned. 
Strikes me what we need is a Prime minister with common sense and some bottle and actually listens to the people of this country, but going through the whole shower of every party that presently inhabit parliament none spring to mind.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 16 November 2018, 03:48:22 pm »
Here's an item from a business column in yesterday's London Evening News, word for word :

'There's still no clarity on whether EU regulators will accept UK made medicines which haven't undergone tests on EU soil. So British firms will have to build testing labs on the continent to carry out replica tests to those done in Britain. AstraZeneca, one of our better prepared multinationals has already built a lab in Sweden to do this (pointless) duplicate work. But have all our other manufacturers? Considering such Brexit measures have cost AZ £40 million it's highly doubtful smaller firms will have done. Such situations are repeated across every industry. '

This isn't Project Fear.  It's not even as if the new jobs will be in the UK. They'll be Swedish.

Welcome to Project Reality.....

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 16 November 2018, 04:05:19 pm »
It say's that there's no clarity on whether EU regulators willl accept them. So they might or they might not.
 It then says British firms will have to build testing labs on the continent. Surely they might or they might not?.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 16 November 2018, 04:51:18 pm »
But this is for transition, starting end of March 2019.....

What is certain, is that a No Deal result means they will.
« Last Edit: 16 November 2018, 04:57:06 pm by mtread »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 16 November 2018, 05:16:43 pm »
Just been anounced that Amber Rudd is back in the cabinet replacing Esther McVey and the new brexit secretary is Stephen Barclay (no me neither :lol ).

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 16 November 2018, 05:20:37 pm »
Here's an item from a business column in yesterday's London Evening News, word for word :

'There's still no clarity on whether EU regulators will accept UK made medicines which haven't undergone tests on EU soil. So British firms will have to build testing labs on the continent to carry out replica tests to those done in Britain. AstraZeneca, one of our better prepared multinationals has already built a lab in Sweden to do this (pointless) duplicate work. But have all our other manufacturers? Considering such Brexit measures have cost AZ £40 million it's highly doubtful smaller firms will have done. Such situations are repeated across every industry. '

This isn't Project Fear.  It's not even as if the new jobs will be in the UK. They'll be Swedish.

Welcome to Project Reality.....

Equally, EU medicines which have not undergone testing in the uk may or not be accepted here, so the european firms will have to build testing labs in the UK. Such situations are repeated across every industry  :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 16 November 2018, 05:54:27 pm »

So they might or they might not.

Exactly, that’s the whole point YamFazFan.  May has a deal, if accepted there will be relatively smooth transition.

If we crash out, then everything is up in the air.   
Don’t forget the EU is 25% of global GDP.  And it’s on out doorstep.

Watch this – note at 15 seconds – “we can choose to leave with no deal, or we can risk no BREXIT at all, or we can choose to unite and choose the best deal that can be negotiated”

Continued full membership of the EU – the best deal of all – is still an option.

Also, Ms May is well aware of this – continued membership of the EU kills the Scottish Indy Ref 2 stone dead, and though the DUP want to leave, they’ll accept it as their electorate voted to remain and it guarantees the future of NI within the UK but with no Irish border.

They just have to plough through this, for a few weeks or whatever, until we all realise that BREXIT just is not really possible.  That is not possible without serious consequences for the whole UK.

The REMAIN majority in the Tory party must now move to kill the BRIXTEERS.

So says VNA.  But really anything can happen now. :\ :\

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 16 November 2018, 08:18:59 pm »

Ah its like a plaster mate, just gotta yank the bugger off and let the wound heal.
you know VNA now means Very Nearly Assimilated, right? ;) ;) ;) :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 16 November 2018, 08:40:26 pm »
one day we'll all look back on this and laugh. Hopefully.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 16 November 2018, 10:37:21 pm »
Or cry.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 16 November 2018, 11:52:16 pm »
Equally, EU medicines which have not undergone testing in the uk may or not be accepted here, so the european firms will have to build testing labs in the UK. Such situations are repeated across every industry  [/size]

Yes, but with a ratio of 27:1. It all makes perfect sense doesn't it :rolleyes

What is really getting my goat at the moment (to borrow a phrase from elsewhere) is that this is turning into a Tory internal fist fight again. Yes John Major's  'Bastards' are still there trying to wrestle control of the party. While the rest of the country is going up in flames, all they care about is who gets to be leader, which is where this all started
 :groan

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 17 November 2018, 12:04:55 am »
one day we'll all look back on this and laugh. Hopefully.         Or cry

It's our children and grandchildren who'll be crying. We'll be dead and despised.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 17 November 2018, 06:52:08 am »
Well it wont be us old ones apparently we are to old to understand what we are doing and just clog up the NHS and care services we've payed for the last 40/50 years

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 17 November 2018, 07:49:52 am »
Brexit?
Intentionally left blank

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 17 November 2018, 10:28:31 am »
one day we'll all look back on this and laugh. Hopefully.         Or cry

It's our children and grandchildren who'll be crying. We'll be dead and despised.
Hopefully we'll live long enought to recieve their thanks. I expect they'll be praising their forebears for having the wisdom and insight to see what a corrupt undemocratic racket the whole thing was.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 17 November 2018, 10:42:00 am »
Thought while this farce continues, I'll just post pictures

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 17 November 2018, 10:53:00 am »
Sometimes, reading this thread is like watching the history channel, with all its repeats from the whingeing, whining losers of Remain  :lol

The only important thing right now is what does this draft deal actually mean? All the discussion on telly is about the manoeuvring of a bunch of conniving, self-interested politician twats and their careers.

Give us in depth discussion in the media, then give us a vote: This deal or no deal. Remain is a historical artefact.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 17 November 2018, 10:59:42 am »
Sometimes, reading this thread is like watching the history channel, with all its repeats from the whingeing, whining losers of Remain  :lol

I had a bit of a wobble the other day :o .......but I'm back where I was now :D . Normal service has been resumed ;) . I voted Leave so on reflection I feel it's only right and proper to see it through and honour that 8)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 17 November 2018, 11:04:39 am »

I had a bit of a wobble the other day :o .......but I'm back where I was now :D . Normal service has been resumed ;) . I voted Leave so on reflection I feel it's only right and proper to see it through and honour that 8)

Are you sure?  :lol

You know that anti-UK chap who has no stake in our future one way or the other will be along to tell you you're mad soon?

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 17 November 2018, 11:11:38 am »

I'm sure I voted Leave. I was the first one in the queue that morning. I'd camped out all night with my sleeping bag and my flask of hot tea :b . I was first and mtread and VNA were second and third respectively. Fortunately the voting percentages evened up a bit during the day :lol

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #271 on: 17 November 2018, 12:03:48 pm »
This deal or no deal.

Do you want to jump off the cliff yourself or be pushed?

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 17 November 2018, 12:13:39 pm »
I voted no in common market vote in the 1970's and my opinion has not change on that. Voted NO, NINE ,NON  to staying in the EU not heard any thing yet to make me change my mind from politician, experts or a certain member north of the border most of it is tainted by bullsh*t or bias one way or the other. Would be good if some experts could spell it out with no bullsh*t or bais. The whole of Brexit has proved the old saying of when do you know when a politician speaking with forked tongues, answer when their mouths are moving. 

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 17 November 2018, 12:20:17 pm »

Do you want to jump off the cliff yourself or be pushed?

Look, I've found another bit. Let me brush some of the mud off. Yes, it's a classic illustration of how some people thought back then.

:rollin

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 17 November 2018, 01:10:30 pm »

I was inebriated Tuesday evening too :o
As soon as I woke up on Wednesday I thought Foc how am I gonna wriggle out of this one and get back in the Leave camp :lol