Date: 16-04-24  Time: 07:29 am

Author Topic: Brussels taking the piss  (Read 7107 times)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
Brussels taking the piss
« on: 24 October 2014, 08:04:32 am »
Nearly choked on my tea this morning. I was listening to the news and I hear Brussels has instructed the UK to pay in an extra £1.7 billion because the UK economy is performing better than expected. In the same breath the news reader said that Germany & France will receive a rebate.
That must be music to ears of Nigel Farrage & UKIP.

Now if I was the PM I would certainly be telling Brussels politely to fuck off, the £1.7 Billion will be spent here on filling in POT HOLES and other infrastructure repairs etc!
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Brussels taking the piss
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2014, 08:13:41 am »
Ludicrous, ain't it. You've done well, so here's the fine for that!

Fazafou

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2014, 08:54:19 am »
I though yesterday's news was saying we were having to borrow tons of money from overseas. Hardly doing well.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2014, 09:49:16 am »
Maybe the government knew this was coming and we need to borrow the money to pay

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2014, 10:00:53 am »
Its like the EU doesn't want the Uk to stay. Nigel has just been handed the Rochester and Strood by-election on a plate (or a tray with his beer)
Europe hates us-- France just do what the hell they like and get away with it.
Europe has never forgiven us for not joining the euro, labour knew dam well that the uk public did not want this and we were right not to join it, the uk public were right, the politicians should trust the uk public and give us our say.
We dont need them and they dont want us - only our money

I don't want Nigel to be pm almost as much as I don't want Borris to be pm, millipede was never going to be pm as he was always going to be a caretaker leader while his brother keeps his head down while labour looses another general election he will then emerge as the new leader.

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2014, 10:41:00 am »
I reckon we should ask President Putin if he fancies the job, he is ideal. If it does not suit him he just tells the rest of the world to fuck off. Something we should have told the French and the Yanks to do years ago.

Love the Germans me, been knocked down twice in a century and still bounce back, this time conquering Europe without a shot being fired. They must be due a trip down the main drag in Paris again, this time we give em a hand. :finger

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #6 on: 24 October 2014, 11:29:03 am »

Love the Germans me, been knocked down twice in a century and still bounce back, this time conquering Europe without a shot being fired. They must be due a trip down the main drag in Paris again, this time we give em a hand. :finger

OOOOOOO, bit much! I love the Gerry's too, but not sure if I would join in with mass genocide. My Grandfather's and Great Grandfather certainly did all they could to stop it. I have visited Germany on at least 10 occasions. But remember, they are doing well because they lost the war. This is not uncommon. Japan did ok from it too. Funnily enough, motorcycles played a big part in it for both of them. This is a motorcycle forum, right?
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 October 2014, 11:41:00 am »

OOOOOOO, bit much! I love the Gerry's too, but not sure if I would join in with mass genocide. My Grandfather's and Great Grandfather certainly did all they could to stop it. I have visited Germany on at least 10 occasions. But remember, they are doing well because they lost the war. This is not uncommon. Japan did ok from it too. Funnily enough, motorcycles played a big part in it for both of them. This is a motorcycle forum, right?

My post concerning the germans was in jest, but let's face it the British did introduce the Concentration camps , germans and others learn't that from us. Read the history books Britain loved the Irish old  ER1 ,Ollie Cromwell (genocide). Boer War south Africa, so we are not squeaky clean ourselves. Lets face it the Empire was not built by being Mr Nice guy. Having said that a lot of the old colonies  would be better off had they stayed.

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24 October 2014, 11:54:37 am »
Having said that a lot of the old colonies  would be better off had they stayed.

Cough cough, half of Africa today, cough cough. Grandad was Govenor of the Northern Province of the Sudan during WWII, look at what a miserable state that country's in today! When many family members were white farmers in Zimbabwe (or Rhodesia as it was then), that country was known as "the breadbasket of Africa", it was producing so much food. Now look at it.

Watch the film "Beyond the Gates" (aka "Shooting Dogs"). Then ask yourselves whether in the face of such behaviour, colonial rule was that brutal after all....

But back to the OP....

What doesn't help is that the Brits are idiots. We are fucking morons, and we can't deny it. We follow every bit of legislation blindly and without complaint, like a three-legged blind sheep on a bit of string. The French are much more pragmatic: if they don't like the legislation, they tell the EU to fuck off, take the EU grants, and then carry on doing their own thing, happy as Larry. A healthy disregard for authority is sadly lacking today...

In terms of elections:
- Cameron has completely lost face, the odds of the Conservatives getting back in power wouldn't even be considered by a self-respecting bookie.
- The LibDems  - or rather Clegg - have completely fucked up any chance at regaining power for the next 50 years.
- Milliband will destroy the country if he gets in, his sums are up the spout. Think Germany during the Jazz age.

So UKIP have got to pull their socks up, because if not we'll have Labour. And between Farage and Milliband, I personally stick my flag firmly on UKIP's side, even if only for the  economic common sense.
The Deef's apprentice

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 October 2014, 12:18:51 pm »
Having said that a lot of the old colonies  would be better off had they stayed.

What doesn't help is that the Brits are idiots. We are fucking morons, and we can't deny it. We follow every bit of legislation blindly and without complaint, like a three-legged blind sheep on a bit of string. The French are much more pragmatic: if they don't like the legislation, they tell the EU to fuck off, take the EU grants, and then carry on doing their own thing, happy as Larry. A healthy disregard for authority is sadly lacking today...

Kind flying a flag for the immigrants and benefit cheats then ;)

Seems a lost opportunity with Scotland NO vote.  ' Mr Salmond you love and want to remain in Europe so much, and keep the pound, here's a £1.7billion EU bill to start you off'.  :evil [size=78%] [/size]
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 October 2014, 01:07:44 pm »
The answer is simple, just do not pay and tell them to foc off.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 October 2014, 01:22:27 pm »
The answer is simple, just do not pay and tell them to foc off.
Yep --what they going do - throw us out which would save us bothering to organise a referendum which would see us leave.

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 October 2014, 02:21:44 pm »
we don't need them ?????   who the bloody hell are you going to export to  :lol

and you cant have it both ways we reduced our payment when GDP was below expected  ;)
Its just a ride

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24 October 2014, 02:26:17 pm »

We are not part of China or Russia yet we export to them with no problem, just cause we will not be part of the Europe experiment doesn't mean we cannot trade--- they need us more than we need them

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 October 2014, 02:36:31 pm »
China and Russia is a tiny bit of our export %

we are in the EU so we can trade across boarders without undue intervention

EU rules are a pain (I know I have to enforce them) but without adhering to them we cant sell to our largest market on a level playing field
Its just a ride

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 24 October 2014, 03:10:58 pm »
Company I work for exports nothing to Europe,so I`m alright jack :D .
I would love to know how they arrived at £1.7 billion, why are these figures always so many billions? Why not £1.67543456 billion?
The £1.7 billion is just pure bollocks, Cameron will get a reduction to £1.2 billion, I have actually worked that out on the back of a fag packet just like a real eurocrat would have, and then tell everyone he has shown the EU what he is made of.
And you can substitute any name in place of Cameron from any political party and the exact same scenario will be played out.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #16 on: 24 October 2014, 05:16:17 pm »
I personally stick my flag firmly on UKIP's side, even if only for the  economic common sense.

If you think UKIP have any economic common sense then you *really* need to take another look at their policies!  (Well, whatever their policies are, if Nige hasn't decided he doesn't like them and has changed them for some others...)

They're just the Tories Mark II, but even more Right Wing:

Would UKIP's policies on immigration, tax and education work?

The Conservatives’ income tax cuts would give three times as much to those in the top 10 per cent as those in the middle, while lower income groups would hardly gain anything. Ukip’s would be similar, only more so. As for inheritance tax, it is only paid on 1 in 20 estates. People who live in Clacton or Heywood or places like it would gain little or nothing from its abolition, just as they have little or nothing to fear from the “mansion tax”. And where would the money from this come from? Ultimately, much would have to come from the disability benefits and state pensions on which many of the residents of Clacton rely.

As for education, they want to bring back selection and "the net effect of grammar schools is to disadvantage poor children and help the rich"

I have no particular love for the Greens, but here's some good arguments for Why 73% of UKIP supporters should actually vote Green

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 October 2014, 06:14:19 pm »
Facts? Can someone explain these figures to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013 EU Revenue from UK = 17,068 million Euro (17.078 Billion)
2013 EU Expenditure to UK = 6,308 million Euro (6.309 Billion)
Difference = 10,760 million Euro (10.76 Billion)

Source:
http://ec.europa.eu/budget/figures/interactive/index_en.cfm

the UK rebate: the UK is reimbursed by 66 % of the difference between its contribution and what it receives back from the budget. The cost of the UK rebate is divided among EU Member States in proportion to the share they contribute to the EU's GNI. However, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria and Sweden, who considered their relative contributions to the budget to be too high, pay only 25 % of their normal financing share of the UK correction.
http://ec.europa.eu/budget/mff/resources/index_en.cfm

UK Rebate 2013? (based on 66% of 10.76 Billion) = 7.10 Billion?
Nett to EU from UK = (10.76 Billion - 7.10 Billion) = 3.66 Billion?

You can use the available data to work out how other countries nett contributions (or otherwise) compare to the UK.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 October 2014, 06:28:51 pm »
Yup, this one is a bit of a stoater.  EU has to be funded, we agreed to the rules and provided the data for the calculations.  But it seems very odd to demand a billion or two and you've got just a few weeks to pay up.

And the EU.  Well countries like France, Spain, Germany and others adore us.  Between the EU and the USA, now China and India are getting in on the act too, well we've sold off the bulk of our utilities and public services to them.  Absolutely bonkers.  We are the problem not the EU.  We are run by an establishment that are lining their pockets any old how at our expense and future.

Cough cough, half of Africa today, cough cough. Grandad was Govenor of the Northern Province of the Sudan during WWII, look at what a miserable state that country's in today! When many family members were white farmers in Zimbabwe (or Rhodesia as it was then), that country was known as "the breadbasket of Africa", it was producing so much food. Now look at it.

Oh come on.   Post dodgy empire days, between us the US, USSR (Russia now) we've been fighting over Africa for control and influence for decades.  And we do like to support and get corrupt dictators or corruptable governments in control so we can do stuff like sell them expensive weapons systems that they don't need or have any real use for whilst their economies do down the plug hole and their people starve.   It's a handy place too, to dump our EU farming excess for a bit o cash, and who cares if it destroys their agriculture industry.  I could go on.....  Of course it's easier to roll out the usual racist crap, rather than face up to the facts.

Yup EU is the biggest single market in the world, it's on our door step, we've got to be part if it and make it work.

Meanwhile what are you lot gonna vote for come May - the general election.  The Good Old Tories, The New Tories, The Third Rate Tories or Nigel make it up as he goes along Farage and his Ultra Tories. 

UKIP would do me fine.  That 45% who voted YES in Scotland I don't think are gonna go away or shut up, and if UKIP sweep to power (well get a good result), Scottish Independence will come quick.

I mean Tory Tory Tory Tory, there's nothing for ordinary people to vote for.

It's a real shame but I see no future for the UK as it is. 

Czechbiker

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 October 2014, 06:33:51 pm »
I can explain it to you all, it's a rip-off!!!! I came to your and now my country just over ten years ago, but the idiots from Brussels are taking a piss. So angry to see all of this happening and the same back home in Czech Republic. If you not doing well we will punish you, but if you are we will punish you even more! Crazy!!!!!!

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 October 2014, 07:14:21 pm »
Eurostat arrived at the €2.1bn figure on the basis of new methods of calculating member states’ GNI since 1995, taking account of previously unreported or under-reported black economy elements, such as drug dealing and consumption or the sex industry.

:o Sorry guys I'll try to cut down a bit  :o

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 October 2014, 08:01:59 pm »

and you cant have it both ways we reduced our payment when GDP was below expected  ;)
It's easy, if they stop buying the stuff we used to sell, the UK can stop buying their stuff. How long before Mercedes Benz and BMW kick off, not to mention VAG. All those Italian washing machines. The list goes on. We import more than we export.

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 October 2014, 08:12:02 pm »
Just making two points:
1. This recalculation is due to the UK's improving economy (compared to the previous forecast). Yes we are doing better than many other EU countries. I've been to Spain and Italy recently! The UK is not the only one having to pay more - the Dutch and others are as well.
2. This government had agreed on this method of recalculation, and knew this was coming. So there is no point is Dave, George and their chums bleating about it now. George likes crowing about how well we are now doing (under this government). This is the price you pay.
O and other point, be careful what you wish for . Have you seen UKIP's other policies !

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 October 2014, 08:29:40 pm »

It's easy, if they stop buying the stuff we used to sell, the UK can stop buying their stuff. How long before Mercedes Benz and BMW kick off, not to mention VAG. All those Italian washing machines. The list goes on. We import more than we export.

Mickey

So what happens when we stop buying their electricity?
we'll have to renationalise some rail companies, and the list will go on of stuff that the Tories sold off.

would make for a very interesting few years  :lol

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 October 2014, 08:41:33 pm »
Listening to Cameron on the news tonight he never actually said he disagreed with the amount.
What his main bitch was that we get the bill today and Brussels are demanding payment in two weeks. If the french cut back on their socail welfare same as the Brits are having soak up they might have a few more €€€€€ in there budget.