Date: 29-03-24  Time: 08:51 am

Author Topic: Bikes died 😧☹  (Read 9177 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: Bikes died 😧☹
« Reply #75 on: 03 July 2020, 07:13:12 pm »
Excellant :thumbup

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 07 July 2020, 05:33:01 pm »
Thanks for the well wishes guys. Still not got round to an oil change yet so not had her back on the road (weathers been shite anyways)
I made the effort to contact Yamaha about this issue and this is their response.....

Thank you for your email, regarding the Rotor on your 2007 model Yamaha FZ1.

In relation to your enquiry, we can advise, that individual parts from time to time, may indeed be subject to some form of evolution. This is part of Yamaha’s policy of constantly monitoring the quality and performance of its components and as such, it is not unusual for a part to be changed or updated at some stage, during or after, any models production.

Whilst we can advise that there is no Recall in relation to the Rotor on your machine and your warranty has expired, we are sometimes able to offer some form of 'out of warranty' assistance. Any requests for 'out of warranty' assistance are generally dealt with on a case by case basis through our UK Yamaha dealer network, prior to any repair being carried out, where due consideration is given to the circumstances of the claim, including but not limited to, the age, miles covered, service history and whether there was any previous history of such a problem. The first stage of the process, is that the owner would arrange and authorise an inspection of their area of concern at a Yamaha motorcycle dealer, also providing them details of their Service History. Subsequently, should the dealer identify and consider there to be evidence of a manufacturing defect, they may then contact our Warranty Department, on behalf of the customer, regarding any available assistance.

In this instance therefore, should you believe that your Rotor is subject to a manufacturing defect, we would kindly suggest, that you please re-establish contact with your local Yamaha dealer to authorise an inspection of your machine and providing them your Service History. After their inspection, should the dealer identify a manufacturing defect with your Rotor and consider there to be the possibility of 'out of warranty assistance' they will then be in a position to contact us with their findings, for our consideration, regarding a replacement Rotor part, possibly at a discounted/special price.

We thank you for your enquiry and whilst at this point we can offer no assurance of assistance, we hope that our comments may at least clarify the manner in which we proceed with machines whose warranty has expired and hope that through your Yamaha dealer, this matter may be resolved.

So expected there won't be much getting done (especially since I've already repaired it) my local Yammy dealer aren't going to be of any help to me unless I'm buying a bike so guess that's that.
I'm not too fussed as imo its just part of owning a used vehicle.
I suppose if it happens to anyone else and they take it straight to the dealer then they might stand a chance at a small discount off the parts or something? 🤷‍♂️

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 07 July 2020, 06:54:18 pm »
Why don't you take all the new parts back out, put all the old parts back in and take it along to the dealer?  ;)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 07 July 2020, 09:37:06 pm »
Why don't you take all the new parts back out, put all the old parts back in and take it along to the dealer?  ;)

Because
A. I cant be arsed
B. Its not worth the hassle and
C. All they are offering is a potential discount on buying a new rotor from them

But although useless to me it might help someone to know it for future reference

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 07 July 2020, 10:52:18 pm »
  • In relation to your enquiry, we can advise, that individual parts from time to time, may indeed be subject to some form of evolution. This is part of Yamaha’s policy of constantly monitoring the quality and performance of its components and as such, it is not unusual for a part to be changed or updated at some stage, during or after, any models production.
  • Whilst we can advise that there is no Recall in relation to the Rotor on your machine and your warranty has expired, we are sometimes able to offer some form of 'out of warranty' assistance. Any requests for 'out of warranty' assistance are generally dealt with on a case by case basis through our UK Yamaha dealer network,
  • The first stage of the process, is that the owner would arrange and authorise an inspection of their area of concern at a Yamaha motorcycle dealer, also providing them details of their Service History. Subsequently, should the dealer identify and consider there to be evidence of a manufacturing defect, they may then contact our Warranty Department, on behalf of the customer, regarding any available assistance.
  • In this instance therefore, should you believe that your Rotor is subject to a manufacturing defect, we would kindly suggest, that you please re-establish contact with your local Yamaha dealer to authorise an inspection of your machine and providing them your Service History. After their inspection, should the dealer identify a manufacturing defect with your Rotor and consider there to be the possibility of 'out of warranty assistance' they will then be in a position to contact us with their findings, for our consideration, regarding a replacement Rotor part, possibly at a discounted/special price.
  • We thank you for your enquiry and whilst at this point we can offer no assurance of assistance, we hope that our comments may at least clarify the manner in which we proceed with machines whose warranty has expired and hope that through your Yamaha dealer, this matter may be resolved.
I like yamaha but -
  • That is some class-A marketing bullshit right there. Monitoring? the fuckers superseded the part because it had a known major fault with it!!
  • Because they superseded the part on the fucking quiet. In my exp. normally when a part gets superseded its not drastically different from its predecessor, this was not the case in this instance.
  • More blah blah copy and pasted marketing/corpo fuckery.
  • Why the actuall fuck do you need to present a service history, the bike is out warranty. This smacks of classic smoke and mirrors and get out clause - eg the old well you have no service history so sorry we cant even consider helping you fucking bullshit. Fyi even if the bike had never been serviced in its life that would never effect the a known hardware fault present from the day it rolled out of the factory.
  • 'Should you believe'.... I cant beleive what Im reading here. What complete and utter cunt-fuckery. They know FULL fucking well the part in-question has a major fault, otherwise the part would never have been superseded with a noticeably different part.
  • And there we go..... falling back on the final exit clause. Pushing the responsibility on to the dealer. If Yamaha aren't going to do fuck-all, then why the fuck would the dealer do so, cunts.
Rant over.

And as you suspected, the discount would be no where near the £215 for the pattern part.
« Last Edit: 07 July 2020, 10:55:15 pm by b1k3rdude »

killerwhaleTRX

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 08 July 2020, 06:17:39 am »
Thanks for the well wishes guys. Still not got round to an oil change yet so not had her back on the road (weathers been shite anyways)
I made the effort to contact Yamaha about this issue and this is their response.....

Thank you for your email, regarding the Rotor on your 2007 model Yamaha FZ1.

In relation to your enquiry, we can advise, that individual parts from time to time, may indeed be subject to some form of evolution. This is part of Yamaha’s policy of constantly monitoring the quality and performance of its components and as such, it is not unusual for a part to be changed or updated at some stage, during or after, any models production.

Whilst we can advise that there is no Recall in relation to the Rotor on your machine and your warranty has expired, we are sometimes able to offer some form of 'out of warranty' assistance. Any requests for 'out of warranty' assistance are generally dealt with on a case by case basis through our UK Yamaha dealer network, prior to any repair being carried out, where due consideration is given to the circumstances of the claim, including but not limited to, the age, miles covered, service history and whether there was any previous history of such a problem. The first stage of the process, is that the owner would arrange and authorise an inspection of their area of concern at a Yamaha motorcycle dealer, also providing them details of their Service History. Subsequently, should the dealer identify and consider there to be evidence of a manufacturing defect, they may then contact our Warranty Department, on behalf of the customer, regarding any available assistance.

In this instance therefore, should you believe that your Rotor is subject to a manufacturing defect, we would kindly suggest, that you please re-establish contact with your local Yamaha dealer to authorise an inspection of your machine and providing them your Service History. After their inspection, should the dealer identify a manufacturing defect with your Rotor and consider there to be the possibility of 'out of warranty assistance' they will then be in a position to contact us with their findings, for our consideration, regarding a replacement Rotor part, possibly at a discounted/special price.

We thank you for your enquiry and whilst at this point we can offer no assurance of assistance, we hope that our comments may at least clarify the manner in which we proceed with machines whose warranty has expired and hope that through your Yamaha dealer, this matter may be resolved.

So expected there won't be much getting done (especially since I've already repaired it) my local Yammy dealer aren't going to be of any help to me unless I'm buying a bike so guess that's that.
I'm not too fussed as imo its just part of owning a used vehicle.
I suppose if it happens to anyone else and they take it straight to the dealer then they might stand a chance at a small discount off the parts or something? 🤷‍♂️

Would be interesting if they can answer on what model year they made a remedy on the rotor disaster!!

//M

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 08 July 2020, 10:31:06 pm »
Would be interesting if they can answer on what model year they made a remedy on the rotor disaster!!
With the info I have atm, I believe they started selling it on the QT from 2008 on.

Nereus

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 01 October 2020, 11:08:54 am »
Good thing it all went well in the end for you, and no real damage was done.

I just had a question regarding the new rotor. Since the magnets are thinner due to fitting reasons, is there some change in electrical current output?

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 01 October 2020, 03:02:56 pm »
Good thing it all went well in the end for you, and no real damage was done.

I just had a question regarding the new rotor. Since the magnets are thinner due to fitting reasons, is there some change in electrical current output?

I'm not sure they are thinner? I believe they just fitted a thin metal sleeve over them so that they aren't subject to as much centrifugal force and if the glue does fail then the sleeve keeps the magnets in place.
Either way the charging seems to have been perfectly fine ever since 👍

Nereus

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 01 October 2020, 06:55:21 pm »
Great, then I will replace it as soon as I can so I don't have any problems later