Date: 29-03-24  Time: 09:51 am

Author Topic: **BELOVED YAMAHA FAZER FZS600 STOLEN !! **  (Read 12443 times)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: **BELOVED YAMAHA FAZER FZS600 STOLEN !! **
« Reply #25 on: 10 June 2014, 11:06:35 am »
With an orange PAYG sim, the credit doesn't expire so should work.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 June 2014, 11:25:56 am »
Hey pal..glad you at least got some closure on this........the winner of the foc-u-csi issss........punkstig.....he did say some foccin half breed would be doing some red bull x fighter antics on it......bastards....i hope he gets a flesh eating bug while in hospital & of course i wish him a certain kind of recovery.......ie recovery position & gasping for his feeble life.

Now i reckon the bike will be a write off......so Heather will need to now source you a new bike...she is a member after all...but we will of course need some more pics to confirm that :b

All pervy jokes aside.........what you gonna get...exciting times........just make sure it is Red.......these gen 2 thous sure are going cheap at the moment ;)

Haha very funny Noggy as a matter of fact I think she was going to strike a few poses in the summer but not until she updates her bikini draw lol.

Anyway I have been thinking about getting another Fazer it was the bike I wanted since I was a 13 year old kid, but I am thinking it might be an opportunity to try something different. So I think I'll buy a Kawasaki Zrx 1100 or 1200 depends what I find within my budget. If I find it's too big or just not for me my intention would be to sell it and go back to a Fazer.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 June 2014, 11:31:34 am »
What a brilliant result - the cnut in hospital not the fact he fked your bike up -

It's nice when karma does happen isn't it!

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 June 2014, 11:33:36 am »
Screaming at you....FAZER THOU....way better than a ZRX....my mate had one and my Fazer absolutely tanked it

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 June 2014, 11:57:30 am »
I'm interested in these GPS trackers.

Would they work with a simple pay as you go sim, or would they require a contract?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Mine arrived yesterday off eBay, I popped an orange SIM card in it and when I first txted the unit it responded by Google maps placing me in the middle if the Atlantic Ocean.

However when I stepped outside my house and txted the unit again it was accurate to within a metre. I think it gets confused when inside a house but as soon as I was out in the open it was bang on the money.

hightower

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 10 June 2014, 12:32:05 pm »
Well yeah, GPS works on satellites, the unit won't be able to pick up those satellites if covered by a house. It be the same with a Tom Tom or Jim Jim or whatever.

Does it only show live data? So if you text and somebody has it stored in a lock-up or something it will it show the the middle of the ocean again? Or would it show you the last place it was before it lost the signal? (The latter would be better as it would still lead you to the lock-up etc).[size=78%] [/size]

andybesy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10 June 2014, 12:39:28 pm »
I don't think they're actually GPS... I know ebay suggests it is, but I think they use location service available via the mobile network.

Andy

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #32 on: 10 June 2014, 12:59:43 pm »
not until she updates her bikini draw

No need to wait till then, revealing underwear will do :rollin

I don't think they're actually GPS...

Probably GSM tower based tracking too just like google maps finds your position when you have GPS turned off on your phone and open the map.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

The Gentleman Biker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ400
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10 June 2014, 01:57:21 pm »
Justice! Just a shame he had to use someone else' bike :\

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10 June 2014, 05:47:38 pm »
[quote aut
hor=bigbluebear link=topic=13426.msg152757#msg152757 date=1402396416]
Screaming at you....FAZER THOU....way better than a ZRX....my mate had one and my Fazer absolutely tanked it
[/quote]
Totally agree, I had a ZRX before I got my first fazer, the fazer is so much better in every way.

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10 June 2014, 06:10:26 pm »
ok I know this is unlikely but the bloke thats crashed the bike ! are we a bit quick to judge ?

for all we know at this point is he was riding it , he may have brought it in good faith ! or borrowed it with out knowing it was stolen ?

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10 June 2014, 11:03:31 pm »
ok I know this is unlikely but the bloke thats crashed the bike ! are we a bit quick to judge ?

for all we know at this point is he was riding it , he may have brought it in good faith ! or borrowed it with out knowing it was stolen ?

Buying it in good faith without the V5 document to back up a genuine sale? He would have to be pretty stupid to fall for that one! He knew it was stolen mate.

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10 June 2014, 11:09:46 pm »
[quote aut
Totally agree, I had a ZRX before I got my first fazer, the fazer is so much better in every way.
[/quote]

That surprises me. I like the way it looks retro 70's sort of thing, real sort of muscle bike. A mate of mine sold his SV650, bought a Bandit 1200, hated it, sold it and returned to an SV650. Which is what I'm thinking of doing with the Fazer if needs be. What makes the ZRX seem a poor choice to a FZS600 in your opinion?

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10 June 2014, 11:10:24 pm »
being magnetic, where would you fit it. Surely theives would check for one and just pull it off
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11 June 2014, 10:44:39 am »
[quote aut

That surprises me. I like the way it looks retro 70's sort of thing, real sort of muscle bike. A mate of mine sold his SV650, bought a Bandit 1200, hated it, sold it and returned to an SV650. Which is what I'm thinking of doing with the Fazer if needs be. What makes the ZRX seem a poor choice to a FZS600 in your opinion?

They do look good but they are heavy and do not handle any way as good as a fazer. I had my ZRX for 2 years and as soon as I had a test ride on a fazer I knew I had to get one.
[/quote]

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11 June 2014, 11:28:34 am »
Karma is real for sure but I dosent seem to work the other way around for me as Im always doing good but sh1t just keeps happening to be all the same.
So does it only work that if you do bad then bad will come to you, but if you do good then so what.
I was supprised to hear that one was actually stolen after all lets be honest  ;)  so it stands to reason that the person who nicked it would be a numpty and very likley to ride it and crash it, no doubt he wont of been wearing proper gear either which will hurt even more.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01 September 2014, 10:25:47 pm »
So I got a call from the Police the other week. They have arrested a scum bag, for thieving my Fazer! He is denying everything but luckily for me he is the world's dumbest criminal. It turns out the idiot (who at the time was on probationary release from prison) was wearing a Police ankle bracelet. The fucking idiot thought the battery had run out and decided to go out and rob as many vehicles as he could. What he didn't realise is that the GPS tracker around his foot was fully functional and the cops have a complete record of his whereabouts from the moment he left his house!

To make things even worse for him I showed the Police a speeding fine to pile on the pressure, which when linked up with his ankle tracker showed him at the exact location and time of the speeding offence being commited!

See you in Court mate!!

stinch182

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01 September 2014, 10:28:29 pm »
Haha that's brilliant . Let's hope they lock him up longer this time ...

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01 September 2014, 10:35:14 pm »
Haha that's brilliant . Let's hope they lock him up longer this time ...

Yep, I hope so. He is facing 13 offences in total on top of the fact he was on probation. I have been advised that the cops are doing their best to throw the book at him. I wish they could throw away the key, he's just some dead beat bum who can't change his behaviour apparently!

stinch182

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01 September 2014, 10:41:48 pm »
A bullet would save a lot of time and tax payers money then !

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 01 September 2014, 10:48:40 pm »
A bullet would save a lot of time and tax payers money then !

:lol

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02 September 2014, 12:07:36 pm »
Might have missed where you said it but what sort of condition was the bike in when you got it back?

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02 September 2014, 02:42:09 pm »
That'll only work in the States where they have a ground based Crowd GPS network and 100 feet range may be OK for finding your keys but no good on a bike.  The others can be had for anything from £20 up to about £100.  They all use satellite based GPS, or at least all of the ones I've seen, the chipset is so cheap these days and it's a lot more accurate than GSM locating.  Some will only work with a 2G SIM card which are getting difficult to get hold of, others will work with any.  Some will store the last known location, so if it's in a lockup or container, will still tell you were it is (or at least, where it was when it lost signal) as long as it can still get a GSM signal.  Rather than go for the cheapest, find a UK based supplier and ask them.  If I was going to fit one to a Fazer, I'd put it under the inner fairing plastic bits either side of the tank or in the tail.  The magnet wouldn't work but a bit of stick on Velcro would do the job.

FZSteely

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki GPZ900R
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 02 September 2014, 09:11:55 pm »
Might have missed where you said it but what sort of condition was the bike in when you got it back?

It was in an awful condition, totally written off after a head on smash. The rider was critically injured I think he bought the bike cheap off the thief.