Date: 20-04-24  Time: 00:07 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1595852 times)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #8100 on: 27 January 2020, 05:34:58 pm »
Sourced a brand new complete set of oem brake hoses for the 600 delivered today. A job for some day during the week. Didn't like the feel of the braided ones, felt a bit wooden, took them off after a month and put back the originals. Dont think they suit the fazer master cylinder. I have ridden many sports bike with braided hoses and they felt fine, but the 600 didn't.
« Last Edit: 27 January 2020, 05:43:00 pm by unfazed »

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: 27 January 2020, 06:04:58 pm »
Never heard of anyone doing that,you must know your bike very well.
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: 17 February 2020, 05:05:00 pm »
Breezy, but bright today. So the bike came out the garage, but failed to start. Rode it last on last Monday. Battery flat, so tank up and stuck it on charge. My guess is its still the original as I've not replaced it in my ownership, so its 11 years old. I feel my pockets draining

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: 17 February 2020, 05:53:40 pm »
Played dodge the heavy showers on the 1000 and won. Missed them all :lol

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: 17 February 2020, 06:07:27 pm »
Gave mine the first 'end of winter' clean. Nothing major just to clean the built up crud off, de grease the wheels and clean the chain.
Will give it another month then will start with the t-cut and polishing ready for the summer.
Oil, filter, chain and sprockets all on order ready for the first service of the year 🤓

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: 18 February 2020, 05:20:58 pm »
Breezy, but bright today. So the bike came out the garage, but failed to start. Rode it last on last Monday. Battery flat, so tank up and stuck it on charge. My guess is its still the original as I've not replaced it in my ownership, so its 11 years old. I feel my pockets draining

Connected back, 14.8 volts max so charging ok. Swtich off and it starts to drop slowly. 12.8 volts when I came into the house. If its dropped further in the morning, I'm investing in a Yuasa new one @£62 from a local supplier
« Last Edit: 18 February 2020, 05:21:30 pm by agricola »

Creaky

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: 18 February 2020, 09:56:20 pm »
Just fitted the same battery to my Fazer over Christmas  Much stronger starting now. Think I paid £69 from Halfords who had it in stock.

psyfi_1

• Weekend Warrior
  • bikes bikes bikes
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - main
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: 22 February 2020, 02:21:28 pm »
just put a set of hagon progressives in the front end becuase the chick who had it before me must of only weighed only 7 stone lol and she had linears to her size in the front ....

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: 24 February 2020, 06:40:41 pm »
Fitted a set of heated grips and a replacement usb charging socket. I was trying to avoid fitting the grips, but early April is a tad chilly, which is when my Sunday morning breakfast runs season starts.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Dynspud

• Club Racer
  • Rattle your goddamn head!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - HD Dyna Wide Glide Evo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: 04 March 2020, 10:39:29 am »
Yesterday actually.
Took the mighty thou for MOT at a new place round the corner from where I have moved to - and what a find.
It's a little garage, MOT & servicing cars & bikes, run by two local guys, both of who ride bikes.
Really nice blokes, very helpful and told me they are more than happy to change bike tyres bought from the internet for £15 a pop.

Oh, and the Fazer passed with one advisory - "Rear suspension arm pin, bush or joint worn but not resulting in excessive movement".
He said that when he had it up on the centre stand, grabbed the swing arm and "wiggled" it, there was a tiny bit of movement.
He also went on to say that he thought that there the Fazer had quite a complicated multi-link setup so that was probably why!!

Bring on the Spring & Summer  :faz :sun
Take a deep breath, coz it all starts now, when you pull the foccin' pin

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: 04 March 2020, 07:27:09 pm »
New battery on yesterday, charged and holding steady ay 13.5 volts. Sun out just after lunch, so out for a test of the new brakes too. All good, only about 25 miles but felt so much more chilled after. Another couple of runs before the weekend, then an oil and filter change, then Donington Park for a trackday. Next year looks like being costly, 24,000 valve service and I reckon the clutch will be ready for replacement

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: 07 March 2020, 06:04:40 pm »
Just got a new battery from Halfords using the 10% off voucher from Shell GO+. £62.10 instead of £69.

Charge it up & install tomorrow.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: 16 March 2020, 08:21:37 pm »
Thorough wash and left it to dry in the shade. Bit of polish on the paintwork, then a full fastener/chain check, lube all the pivoting points, all electrics checked and working. Oil and filter done a couple of days ago. If its decent tomorrow, I'm out up the dales, then refit the modded fairings. Before the weekend, the passenger pegs will be off, mirrors off, along with the centre stand, brim the tank with super unleaded, and off to Donington Monday (if its not cancelled)
« Last Edit: 16 March 2020, 08:22:17 pm by agricola »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: 16 March 2020, 08:44:20 pm »
With the possibility off oldies being locked up for 3 months in the near future, I taxed the Fazer today, did 10 miles on my new tyres, just to get the engine warm for an oil and filter change. Plan to get them scrubbed in properly on Wednesday.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: 16 March 2020, 09:01:00 pm »
Before the weekend, the passenger pegs will be off, mirrors off, along with the centre stand, brim the tank with super unleaded, and off to Donington Monday (if its not cancelled)
why the center stand off, does it catch the track or is it a weight thing
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8115 on: 17 March 2020, 12:35:30 pm »
Before the weekend, the passenger pegs will be off, mirrors off, along with the centre stand, brim the tank with super unleaded, and off to Donington Monday (if its not cancelled)

Yep, drags on the tarmac, plus the weight thing too, thats why I take the passenger pegs off too. Ill leave the underseat toolkit at home, fit the panniers on with all the tools and stuff I think I may need, put my food and drink in the tank bag, small fold up chair across my back/shoulders, then off for the day. Take the panniers/tankbag off when I get there. Id love to have a van or a trailer, but just cant afford another vehicle.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: 17 March 2020, 12:56:58 pm »

Yep, drags on the tarmac, plus the weight thing too, thats why I take the passenger pegs off too. Ill leave the underseat toolkit at home, fit the panniers on with all the tools and stuff I think I may need, put my food and drink in the tank bag, small fold up chair across my back/shoulders, then off for the day. Take the panniers/tankbag off when I get there. Id love to have a van or a trailer, but just cant afford another vehicle.
Odd that it scrapes, my boxeye stand has never done so. Dont think it is even anyway near scraping Unlike the front pegs. Think the exhaust can would scrape first. 
« Last Edit: 17 March 2020, 12:58:57 pm by fazersharp »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: 17 March 2020, 03:53:00 pm »

Odd that it scrapes, my boxeye stand has never done so. Dont think it is even anyway near scraping Unlike the front pegs. Think the exhaust can would scrape first.

I reckon it was scraping on the concrete kerbs at the apexes. As ive gotten more confident, more bike parts have worn away. If you look at the photo, you can see where I fitted plastic sliders to the fairing because I wore a hole through the fairing. Then I wore the slider out, and felt the rear was lifting slightly at lean as the fixing point for the fairing was acting as a fulcrum, so I modded the fairing (cut the contact point away). The footpegs have long since been worn away. I made a mod to the sidestand some time ago to prevent that from dragging, it now raises up a little more for a little more ground clearance. Of course, its not really designed for this sort of stuff, and I dare say im pushing it somewhat, but I dont really fancy an out and out supersport as I cant justify another bike in the garage, so Im just trying to get the best from what Ive got really. Just an old bloke trying have some fun :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: 17 March 2020, 04:01:11 pm »
As ive gotten more confident, more bike parts have worn away. 
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: 17 March 2020, 04:26:19 pm »
I reckon it was scraping on the concrete kerbs at the apexes. As ive gotten more confident, more bike parts have worn away. If you look at the photo, you can see where I fitted plastic sliders to the fairing because I wore a hole through the fairing. Then I wore the slider out, and felt the rear was lifting slightly at lean as the fixing point for the fairing was acting as a fulcrum, so I modded the fairing (cut the contact point away). The footpegs have long since been worn away. I made a mod to the sidestand some time ago to prevent that from dragging, it now raises up a little more for a little more ground clearance. Of course, its not really designed for this sort of stuff, and I dare say im pushing it somewhat, but I dont really fancy an out and out supersport as I cant justify another bike in the garage, so Im just trying to get the best from what Ive got really. Just an old bloke trying have some fun :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: 17 March 2020, 05:39:28 pm »

Hopefully  :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: 17 March 2020, 05:49:37 pm »

Curious. Took the hugger off to give it a clean underneath. Two marks apparent, one on the underside, one on the top. Underside one looks to be caused by tyre contact, topside one looks to be due to the hugger coming into contact with the right side exhaust pipe. Would I be wrong to assume that at some point while riding, the rear becomes compressed, the hugger comes up against the exhaust, and the contact pushes the hugger onto the tyre? In effect, the hugger is sandwiched between the pipe and the tyre? Should I worry about this, or remove the hugger and ride without it? If I do the that, does that mean the tyre will contact the hot exhaust pipe?

Any thoughts anyone?

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: 17 March 2020, 05:50:51 pm »
2nd pic

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: 17 March 2020, 06:12:56 pm »
Very possibly. When I had my Fireblade, which had a colour coded undertray fitted to it,  sometimes it had tyre marks on the paintwork. Obviously under certain conditions the rear suspension was severely compressed, but can't say I was ever conscious of it happening, just noticed it when cleaning the bike. This would have happened on some real banzai trips down to the Bol in the late 90's.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: 17 March 2020, 07:58:43 pm »
Yesterday actually. Took advantage of a sunny  :sun day with no rain risk. I have not been out for many weeks and today I ached a little bit  :o . Just shows you that a good  :faz blat out is as good as a gym session.