Date: 28-03-24  Time: 19:18 pm

Author Topic: LED turn signals - best practices & parts?  (Read 2075 times)

Tivadar

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
LED turn signals - best practices & parts?
« on: 04 January 2016, 05:25:43 pm »
Hi all fellow Fazers!

I'm new to the forum, tried to search, surprisingly didn't find any relevant topic:

I would like to replace my stock turn signals to a newer looking ones, with white/transparent glass -and if I start the modding, why not- will go for LEDs.

Do you have any experiences, which model to order for Ebay/Aliexpress? How to mount the new ones? Is it better to change the relay too, or include resistors to each LED?

Any help is much appreciated & thank you in advance!

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
Re: LED turn signals - best practices & parts?
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2016, 05:35:02 pm »
LED indicators are a personal thing and you should go for whatever you think looks the nicest or whatever you think suits your bike best. I have always changed the relay when fitting LED indicators as it is a 2 minute job and makes the job much neater than fitting individual resistors.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

Tivadar

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2016, 05:47:06 pm »
LED indicators are a personal thing and you should go for whatever you think looks the nicest or whatever you think suits your bike best. I have always changed the relay when fitting LED indicators as it is a 2 minute job and makes the job much neater than fitting individual resistors.

Thank you, I'll go this way then.

I heard opinions that LED indicators are actually less bright/visible than the stock indicators? Is it true?

Let's say I'll go with these: www.ebay.com/itm/4X-LED-TURN-TURN-SIGNAL-INDICATORS-YAMAHA-FZS-FZS600-XC125-Beluga-T-MAX-500-/161925864124?

I'm not exactly see how I'll mount them, as it looks like it needs to screw them in, and mine (FZS600 2003 with fairing) connect to the fairing with these flexible rubber arms?

Thanks!!

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 January 2016, 06:34:12 pm »
LED indicators are much brighter than the standard ones but some people say they are less visible because they are much smaller. I disagree with this but that is just my personal opinion. LED indicators don't screw in, they are attached using a locking washer and nut. When you remove the front indicators you will need some of these to fit the LED ones. http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/31264
You may also need some for the rear unless you have a tail tidy fitted in which case it is a simple fit. Just make sure you order the correct ones for your bike.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

Nebuchernezzer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Ktm250exc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 January 2016, 11:03:02 am »
I just did this. Led flasher relay to suit Yamaha, eBay, led indicators, eBay, base plates to make any indicator suit the Yamaha mounting hole in the fairing, eBay. Installed in probably half an hour if that. They look good IMHO.
http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,15720.50.html