Date: 29-03-24  Time: 01:48 am

Poll

Just wondering which way the great Foccers Forum will vote?

STAY IN THE EU
12 (20.7%)
LEAVE THE EU
34 (58.6%)
SEEK FURTHER NEGOTIATIONS TO BETTER OUR CONTRACT
9 (15.5%)
DON'T GIVE A FOC
3 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: 27 February 2016, 11:43:33 am

Author Topic: EU in or out ?  (Read 43405 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: EU in or out ?
« Reply #100 on: 26 February 2016, 01:12:59 pm »
I am all for immigration its a fantastic thing, we need doctors - professionals- etc. What we don't need are the un skilled who are out of work in their own countries. Its our country and we should be the ones who decide who is allowed in.     

So it's OK when Serbia pays for education of a doctor/engineer and he works in England, but it's not OK when a mechanic decides he'd rather not work for 10 times less money just because he was born in a wrong place?  :)
Yes

Looks like the start of a movement  :lol

Support the FOC-U out campaign!
« Last Edit: 26 February 2016, 01:15:43 pm by Hedgetrimmer »

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 26 February 2016, 01:33:14 pm »
I am all for immigration its a fantastic thing, we need doctors - professionals- etc. What we don't need are the un skilled who are out of work in their own countries. Its our country and we should be the ones who decide who is allowed in.     

So it's OK when Serbia pays for education of a doctor/engineer and he works in England, but it's not OK when a mechanic decides he'd rather not work for 10 times less money just because he was born in a wrong place?  :)
Yes
Auf weidersen pet

Looks like the start of a movement  :lol

Support the FOC-U out campaign!
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 26 February 2016, 03:14:15 pm »

Yes

And yes again

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #103 on: 26 February 2016, 04:32:24 pm »
Well, big corporations (and the EU and USA) also think similarly - only on a more global level.
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 26 February 2016, 04:36:41 pm »

But aren't most Higher Education students in Serbia self-funding? The majority either pay themselves for the higher ed or their employer pays (and presumably their contract keeps them there until it provides a return for the employer). Ironically the very reason the Serbs (and most EU countries) have reduced or stopped free HE and introduced tuition fees is because of the EU Bologna Accords, that aimed to standardise degrees across the continent and beyond (a noble aim), but incurred a cost implication for many HE providers (presumably after the fall of Communism and two Balkan War the HE resources in Belgrade were a long way behind other nations), which is typically passed on to end users.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #105 on: 26 February 2016, 06:21:59 pm »

But aren't most Higher Education students in Serbia self-funding? The majority either pay themselves for the higher ed or their employer pays (and presumably their contract keeps them there until it provides a return for the employer). Ironically the very reason the Serbs (and most EU countries) have reduced or stopped free HE and introduced tuition fees is because of the EU Bologna Accords, that aimed to standardise degrees across the continent and beyond (a noble aim), but incurred a cost implication for many HE providers (presumably after the fall of Communism and two Balkan War the HE resources in Belgrade were a long way behind other nations), which is typically passed on to end users.

High education has been free until 10 years ago - unless you are a very bad student.

Also, until some 10 years ago, "self funding" was also state subsidized.

For the last 10 years - we get the strictest EU regulations, the worst laws, all in preparation for entering EU.

I don't think EU is good for any country - I'd vote against it if I were in England. I'd vote against it here if it made any difference. However, with government run media (with "democratic EU backing"), and fixing elections, it's impossible to have any impact.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 26 February 2016, 06:41:48 pm »
My prediction is.
Cameron will not get the agreement he is after and will leave saying it was not good enough, that will save his face and he will come home strutting like a peacock.
And there will be no June vote
Mean while France and Germany will put the pressure on the smaller countries to agree to our demands by scaring them that if we leave their gravy train will end,
A new agreement will be sought and agreed (same but re worded)
Cameron will come home and triumph it and a vote will happen in the Autumn.
And then we will leave
Cameron will resign and Boris will become PM.
Mean while we will score no points in the eurovision song contest as the whole of the EU spits on us.   
I have a new prediction
We will vote to leave by a narrow vote and then Cameron will go back to the EU asking for proper wider reaching new terms - which he will get, this time with ease atfer we have showed them we are serious.
Then there will be a new vote and we will vote to stay by the same narrow margin but ofcoures that one will stik.

Look at the Irish Lisbon treaty vote they said no but the EU made made them vote again until they came up with the "correct" result.   

Yep,the old story, keep voting until you get it right  :lol

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 26 February 2016, 10:43:20 pm »
Pleas vote no so as the French will end up deporting me, my wife and I are going to move to France on 15th March. Trust me not my decision. :'(
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 27 February 2016, 08:13:23 am »
Pleas vote no so as the French will end up deporting me, my wife and I are going to move to France on 15th March. Trust me not my decision. :'(

Merde.

Whereabouts are you being 'trafficked' to?
Nice roads though, lots of empty places, better weather on the whole, food & wine is good. 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 28 February 2016, 11:04:50 am »
Just a wee thought;

From what I am reading the polls suggest that;

Scotland will vote to remain
Wales will vote to remain
Northern Ireland will vote to remain.
England will vote to leave.

EU legislation is written into the Scottish, Welsh and NI parliaments/assemblies.  What if those polls turn into a result at the ballot box?

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland could refuse to cooperate with a withdrawal, worse still they could work together to try and block the Tory government's withdrawal.

Like I said, this all about the Tory party, Cameron united his party for a general election and won, now he might have to pay the price.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 28 February 2016, 11:18:20 am »
VNA, what do you think about the EU having more and more say over our 'constitutional powers'? Economic arguments are all very well, but that's not all of what this is about. Nor just immigration. The current immigration debate just highlights wider concerns for me. Again, if we could just stay as part of the EU trading bloc, surely that would be the best thing. You don't want Westminster setting your rules and regulations up there, why is having Brussels do it better?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 28 February 2016, 01:09:46 pm »
You don't want Westminster setting your rules and regulations up there, why is having Brussels do it better?
I wish I had thought of that, must be that street triple of yours rejuvenating your brain cells
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 28 February 2016, 07:44:09 pm »
not of to Calais lew are you, ;)  theres a queue to get back in theses days, :rollin
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 28 February 2016, 07:46:52 pm »
I'm not a big fan of the EU, but as it exists, on balance it's far better to be part of it than not.

VNA, what do you think about the EU having more and more say over our 'constitutional powers'?

What is it that concerns you?

You don't want Westminster setting your rules and regulations up there, why is having Brussels do it better?

Well like a lot of Scots I'm Scottish first, European second and if push comes to shove I'll reluctantly admit to being British.  Certainly the EU acts as a buffer against the more extreme Tory policies. 

Meanwhile think of the potential disaster that potentially lies ahead.  England votes to leave (a majority across the UK then) but Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales vote to remain, they refuse to cooperate with the withdrawal and worse still for DC they pull together in order to fight to remain in the EU.

Is David Cameron going to step in and overrule them? 

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 28 February 2016, 07:59:52 pm »

Well like a lot of Scots I'm Scottish first, European second and if push comes to shove I'll reluctantly admit to being British.   

If the majority of Scots had thought that then they should have voted to leave the UK, but they didn't.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 28 February 2016, 08:05:30 pm »

Well like a lot of Scots I'm Scottish first, wish to be considered as European second, and if push comes to shove I'll reluctantly admit to being British, like the rest of the world outside the UK would call me.

FTFY  :thumbup

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 28 February 2016, 08:14:14 pm »
I've just had a google for the Welsh view, this is from 15th Feb, before Cameron's talks.

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2016-02-15/poll-shows-growing-support-for-leaving-eu/

What about in Wales? This is what our new Barometer poll found (with changes from December once more in brackets):

Remain a member of the European Union: 37% (-3%)
Leave the European Union: 45% (+3%)
Would not vote: 3% (-2%)
Don’t Know: 16% (+2%)

Our previous poll gave Leave the first lead, albeit a very narrow one, that they had experienced in Wales for two years. They have now extended that advantage to a clear eight percentage points.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 28 February 2016, 08:57:11 pm »
Not with 'Don't knows' running at 16% they haven't .....

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 28 February 2016, 10:39:51 pm »

Merde.

Whereabouts are you being 'trafficked' to?
Nice roads though, lots of empty places, better weather on the whole, food & wine is good.

Not Calais , Bergerac area, grand daughter is putting pressure on Grandma.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 01 March 2016, 06:46:05 am »
My prediction is.
Cameron will not get the agreement he is after and will leave saying it was not good enough, that will save his face and he will come home strutting like a peacock.
And there will be no June vote
Mean while France and Germany will put the pressure on the smaller countries to agree to our demands by scaring them that if we leave their gravy train will end,
A new agreement will be sought and agreed (same but re worded)
Cameron will come home and triumph it and a vote will happen in the Autumn.
And then we will leave
Cameron will resign and Boris will become PM.
Mean while we will score no points in the eurovision song contest as the whole of the EU spits on us.   
I have a new prediction
We will vote to leave by a narrow vote and then Cameron will go back to the EU asking for proper wider reaching new terms - which he will get, this time with ease atfer we have showed them we are serious.
Then there will be a new vote and we will vote to stay by the same narrow margin but ofcoures that one will stik.

Look at the Irish Lisbon treaty vote they said no but the EU made made them vote again until they came up with the "correct" result.   

Yep,the old story, keep voting until you get it right  :lol

Well that ain't ever gonna happen, 'cos all politicians are self righteous pricks!
Plus, it's simply impossible to keep everyone happy, it just can't be done.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #120 on: 01 March 2016, 10:09:52 am »

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 03 March 2016, 02:09:43 pm »

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 03 March 2016, 09:03:27 pm »
Cameron is shitting himself and scare mongering, just like he did with the independence referendum. He was No campaign with Scottish independence and Yes regarding Eu. Funnily enough the pattern is very similar. He terrified Scottish pensioners they would lose their pension and the pound. And regards the Eu, telling everyone that major companies will lose money and all our cross channel dealings will be taxed...............
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 03 March 2016, 09:30:18 pm »
Something that was mentioned on one or other of the news programmes struck me. Cameron was insistent that we'd leave the EU if he couldn't get the deal he wanted. But now he has it, suddenly he sees it as disastrous to leave. So what has changed?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 03 March 2016, 11:02:58 pm »
There were news reports from the stay-ers that our car exports could be taxed at 10-20 %. But failing to mention that we import more from them than we export, so if they did slap a 20% tax on our exports to them then we would just do the same to theirs, so neither will happen.
Now France are getting nasty and the tone has gone from scaremongering to threats. Bad move France, the British public will not take kindly to threats fro you, seems like they are getting desperate.
The Swiss have now just withdrawn and abandoned their plans to join the EU. France and Germany are terrified that if we go many more will follow.
Meanwhile Putin is deliberately causing more and more refugees to swamp and destabilize the EU, as more countries start to re establish their borders, stupid stupid Merkel saying please come we want you.
Out of EU is not enough, the whole of the uk population should get to the coast and start paddling and don't stop until we are just north of cape verde         
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.