Date: 19-04-24  Time: 10:26 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1595624 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #8150 on: 02 April 2020, 02:53:43 pm »
MTREAD...you can if you have the right tools,i dont...will be breaking the bead and pushing the tyre to one side,valves on order at WEMOTO...

just as well it didn`t let go whilst i was riding it   :eek :eek :eek

SHARPIE...thats got me thinking, i think i have a right angled adaptor in with my puncture repair kit... ;)

[/size][size=78%] [/size]
One, is never going to be enough.....

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: 02 April 2020, 06:09:24 pm »
Thanks red. I have a very slow leak in the front. No sign of anything sharp in the tread. Valve is the suspect. I might just keep pumping it up until the next tyre change.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #8152 on: 02 April 2020, 08:07:54 pm »
I brought a right angle adapter for the foot pump makes it easier

I just got right-angled valves fitted to the wheel :thumbup

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: 03 April 2020, 07:13:29 am »
Thanks red. I have a very slow leak in the front. No sign of anything sharp in the tread. Valve is the suspect. I might just keep pumping it up until the next tyre change.

I've had a slow leak in my rear tyre for months now, i think it may be from the rims again, but don't actually know, but it is a complete nuisance.

But i recently bought a new electronic air pump that you can run from the bike battery. I took my time before choosing another one, as a previous one i'd bought was complete and utter crap from the start, then after a couple of goes it started smoking then died a miserable death.

This new one had great reviews, it's German made so the quality is better than average, and i was amazed at how compact it is.
I'll give it a go later as the tyre will need some air around now (not that i'm using the bike) and if i'm happy with it i'll either let people know on here or i'll create a new link and add a few photo's too.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: 03 April 2020, 09:45:48 am »
A decent air pump and tyre plugging kit is essential if you like your days out or commute. A puncture can seriously ruin your day, whereas with that set up you’re on your way inside half an hour usually. Be interested to see what one you went for.
Mine’s the Airman Tour. Been pressed into service three times in the last two and a half years and has been as good as gold.
« Last Edit: 03 April 2020, 10:01:16 am by robbo »
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: 03 April 2020, 01:29:25 pm »
A decent air pump and tyre plugging kit is essential if you like your days out or commute. A puncture can seriously ruin your day, whereas with that set up you’re on your way inside half an hour usually. Be interested to see what one you went for.
Mine’s the Airman Tour. Been pressed into service three times in the last two and a half years and has been as good as gold.

Yep, not only did i also purchase a brand new plugging kit to keep in the top box, but it is the AIRMAN TOUR pump i bought.

Good to hear some more positive feedback before i even used it.  :thumbup

If anyone else is interested, beware that there is a slightly cheaper version, but that one doesn't come with the crocodile clip adapter cable that is needed to attach it to your battery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AirMan-Adventure-Compressor-Cigarette-Connectivity/dp/B07BL1D5YZ/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=airman+tour&qid=1585916825&sr=8-2
« Last Edit: 03 April 2020, 04:33:51 pm by darrsi »

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: 03 April 2020, 02:36:04 pm »
iam feeling a bit deflated   :\
Hope you tyres are not as old as the valves  :eek :D

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: 03 April 2020, 04:50:58 pm »
I made up a lead with an Optimate plug on the end, so it just plugs into my Optimate charging point. I had several leads with my Airman including a cigar lighter fitting, which I used until I made up the Optimate compatible one.

Fazian

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: 03 April 2020, 05:53:15 pm »
I made up a lead with an Optimate plug on the end, so it just plugs into my Optimate charging point. I had several leads with my Airman including a cigar lighter fitting, which I used until I made up the Optimate compatible one.

Good idea that  :thumbup

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: 03 April 2020, 07:18:04 pm »
Me too. Two way electricity  :)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8160 on: 05 April 2020, 11:21:00 am »
Well, more like yesterday. Fitted the 4 deg ignition advancer and now I'm waiting for the missing camchain guide pin and some O rings etc from Fowlers. Also waiting for a replacement radiator. Then its decision time on the exhaust. Has anyone junked the EXUP and fitted a full system from Black Widow?

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8161 on: 05 April 2020, 02:47:10 pm »
I think people have but have been disappointed with the outcome. As far as I know no-one makes a set of headers now that would be an improvement over the stock set up. Got an idea Muzzy was the best when the bike was current. If Falcon still has his headers for sale I'd go for them. If not, a fully functioning exup valve would be better than the Black Widow headers from what I've read on here.

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: 05 April 2020, 04:18:19 pm »
You can still get the hole shot headers from USA  about £500 these work well, go on dales holes hot site
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8163 on: 06 April 2020, 08:33:15 am »
You can still get the hole shot headers from USA  about £500 these work well, go on dales holes hot site
Yep, very true. The only reason I didn't mention Holeshot was because after the freight and import duty the cost is rather eyewatering. I enquired about his high level system when I first got my Fazer. Great product, but the freight and duty just killed that idea for me.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8164 on: 06 April 2020, 03:47:15 pm »
iam feeling a bit deflated   :\

new valve fitted today,no problems but i did notice i have a small amount of play in the front wheel bearing, that will be my next job  :thumbup
« Last Edit: 06 April 2020, 03:53:25 pm by red98 »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8165 on: 06 April 2020, 06:40:59 pm »
At least that's the easy one :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8166 on: 06 April 2020, 06:50:09 pm »
yep.less than an hour from start to finish, tyres getting a bit low so might start shopping around  ;)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8167 on: 06 April 2020, 06:52:58 pm »
Yep, very true. The only reason I didn't mention Holeshot was because after the freight and import duty the cost is rather eyewatering. I enquired about his high level system when I first got my Fazer. Great product, but the freight and duty just killed that idea for me.

I took a look at the cost as well - good quality kit, but as I'm self-employed and work is rarer than a virgin in Skegness, I've given that system a miss.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8168 on: 06 April 2020, 07:41:51 pm »

And moving on - new radiator turned up today (£90!). All the mountings line up, fans mounted, just waiting for the new exhaust and the fowlers order to turn up then I reckon about 2 hours of gentle graft will see the Thou fire up.

Will post a pic or two of the finished article...…...

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8169 on: 07 April 2020, 07:53:54 am »
Mr.Red. If you can fit tyres yourself,or get them fitted/balanced at a reasonable cost, have a look at the Oponeo website. They deliver to your door, or to local tyre companies that will be authorised Oponeo fitters. I had never used them before but saved about 47 quid on my Roadtecs.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8170 on: 07 April 2020, 08:06:04 am »
cheers ROBBO  :thumbup ...looks like its going to be a summer of maintenance...i have just  ordered a new clutch and coil pack for the cage from euro car parts, collection is only available for key workers but if the items in stock at your local branch, it is, they will deliver free on the same day...great service  :thumbup , will update later...

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8171 on: 07 April 2020, 08:51:06 am »
cheers ROBBO  :thumbup ...looks like its going to be a summer of maintenance...i have just  ordered a new clutch and coil pack for the cage from euro car parts, collection is only available for key workers but if the items in stock at your local branch, it is, they will deliver free on the same day...great service  :thumbup , will update later...

wow...didnt think i would be updating this quick...ordered clutch 7.41am this morning, delivered 8.45am...now thats what i call good service   :thumbup
« Last Edit: 07 April 2020, 08:52:29 am by red98 »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8172 on: 07 April 2020, 11:14:34 am »
That is a speedy service for sure........have you fitted it yet :rollin :rollin

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8173 on: 07 April 2020, 02:36:28 pm »
Last night - ordered the replacement exhaust system. Being delivered tomorrow!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8174 on: 08 April 2020, 06:04:37 am »

Yep, not only did i also purchase a brand new plugging kit to keep in the top box, but it is the AIRMAN TOUR pump i bought.

Good to hear some more positive feedback before i even used it.  :thumbup

If anyone else is interested, beware that there is a slightly cheaper version, but that one doesn't come with the crocodile clip adapter cable that is needed to attach it to your battery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AirMan-Adventure-Compressor-Cigarette-Connectivity/dp/B07BL1D5YZ/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=airman+tour&qid=1585916825&sr=8-2

Had a try of the new air pump yesterday.
What a lovely bit of useful kit that is. Everything about it was better than the previous one i tried.
The end of the pipe screws onto the valve, rather than faffing about with the push on lever type, it inflated the tyre very quickly with little effort, and the compact size of it means it packs away nice and tidily in the top box in a pouch that comes supplied with it. The pressure dial also matched my electronic pressure gauge as well, which you'd think would be standard, but it really isn't. I normally pump my tyres up at work and the readout on that one is different, so at least now i can have some sort of standard i can stick to with ease.

As i mentioned before, if you get one make sure you get the kit that has the crocodile clip adapter cable in it, as it is a special connector. It comes with a cigarette lighter adapter as well if you need it for your car tyres. (the one in the link above, i couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else)

After looking around for a while online for a pump i found that with most there were a lot of negative reviews when i looked more into them, it wasn't as straightforward as you'd imagine, even more so as my previous one had failed so miserably in every way which was somehow still being sold in a lot of places.
This one had all positive reviews though and now i can see why.
Gets the thumbs up from me.  :thumbup 
« Last Edit: 08 April 2020, 06:10:43 am by darrsi »