Date: 28-03-24  Time: 18:27 pm

Author Topic: Faulty indicator  (Read 1048 times)

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
Faulty indicator
« on: 02 December 2019, 08:52:48 pm »

Any of you come across this problem I'd be grateful for your opinion
[size=78%] Indicators[/size]
                 Left front not working neither is the left arrow display   Left rear is working.

Right front, rear and right indicator arrow work

Hazards on, the three working indicators and right arrow flashes.

If I remove either or both of the front left indicator connections the the left display arrow works
 The indicator bulb isn't blown, I connected it direct to battery.

Getting a fluctuating Voltage through the left indicator wires with indicator disconnected

Continuity showing between frame and all eight wires in turn  with all indicators connected
fully disconnect left indicator, of the eight wires all but the front left brown shows continuity to the frame
fully disconnect right front indicator and both both right wires show continuity to the frame

Is the problem therefore with the single brown wire?  should all the wires be earthing to the frame?   

Any ideas appreciated

Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Faulty indicator
« Reply #1 on: 02 December 2019, 10:11:51 pm »
Check for Corrosion in Connector under infill panel and within the bulb holder of the indicator

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2019, 10:21:58 pm »
Well unfazed answered already while I was writing so there's no point posting this it took a while to write so I'm still gonna post it :lol

I'm assuming this is the wiring diagram for your bike? http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5 I think the fault is corrosion/a bad connection on the chocolate wire causing high resistance which is causing a voltage drop and limiting the current to the bulb. I think the fact that when you remove the left indicator bulb the arrow starts working shows the problem is in the chocolate wire. If the problem was a bad connection at the indicator bulb, a blown bulb or bad ground at the indicator bulb, the arrow would still work regardless of any of that but the arrow isn't working so that rules out all those problems. I think it has to be a problem on the chocolate wire. It could be corrosion/bad connection in the chocolate wire but corrosion/bad connections are more likely in connectors than wire so that's where I'd start. The diagram shows the chocolate wire going through the connector between the main harness and sub harness 1 at the front of the bike so that's where I would look first. If there's no signs of corrosion in there on the chocolate wire connection it has to be corrosion in the chocolate wire itself.

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2019, 10:33:18 pm »
Have to say it's nice to see a good old fashion bike related problem on here. I was starting to give up on this place. Full of junk now

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 December 2019, 06:40:15 am »
Have to say it's nice to see a good old fashion bike related problem on here. I was starting to give up on this place. Full of junk now

+1 to that mate  :rolleyes
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 December 2019, 06:47:21 am »
+2.......well done to UNFAZED and HIS DUDENESS for helping out    :thumbup
One, is never going to be enough.....

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2019, 10:25:23 am »
Thanks for your help I will endeavour to find the truth and let you know.   A special thanks for clearing up the CH puzzle, of course  chocolate   :groan

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 December 2019, 08:09:30 am »
Sorted  removed switch unit and give the inside a good spray of electrical cleaner.  took a while to work but all is good now :)