Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:58 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641659 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!
« Reply #3200 on: 21 June 2019, 10:25:23 am »
Cars who park on the opposite side of the road facing you with their headlamps left on full. Why don't they have the common sense to turn them to side lights. Can't see much past them.

No amount of main beam (in car) from me makes them realise -they either flash back or give you finger salutes. Happening more and more these days...Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
:agree
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: 21 June 2019, 05:33:26 pm »
Cars who park on the opposite side of the road facing you with their headlamps left on full. Why don't they have the common sense to turn them to side lights. Can't see much past them.

No amount of main beam (in car) from me makes them realise -they either flash back or give you finger salutes. Happening more and more these days...Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
:agree
Me too  :agree

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: 12 July 2019, 02:25:50 pm »

Car parks which are either 100% card payment, or only 1 in about 6 machines accepts coins in an attempt to force you into paying by card.

Dynspud

• Club Racer
  • Rattle your goddamn head!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - HD Dyna Wide Glide Evo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: 12 July 2019, 02:53:02 pm »
....or, as is the case with the car park next to the Premier Inn in Lichfield, it only takes cash and it doesn't give change so you have to put in the exact amount, which is something silly like £5.80 for 24 hours.
Take a deep breath, coz it all starts now, when you pull the foccin' pin

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: 14 July 2019, 12:13:56 pm »
This one is perennial I would guess but, fucking idiot cyclists in london -
  • jumping red lights when your going in the same directly is annoying, but when they are traveling perpendicular to you and then then have to slam on the fucking anchor's to avoid and collision and then they have the fucking cheek to tell you to fuck off when you pull them on it - I have lost count of the amount of times I have to restrain myself from beating someone into a comma. Or worse you grab a cop and the cunt could not care less.
  • not doing shoulder checks or heck just being fucking aware of whats around them - again slamming on the anchor's when I haven't been able to predict where the fuck there were going.
  • riding in groups at peeks times, against the highway code and common sense - cops don't care, the royal parks service don't care, the cyclists don't care - so I just blast right through the middle of the bunch when they refuse to move over and the gap is big enough.
  • just utterly failing to have any sort of basic riding skill or road awareness - these people are either literately too stupid and shouldn't be on the road in the first place.
  • Having rear and front lights are blinding - I wish there was some sort of legal requirement that prevented cyclists and retailers from allowing the use and sale of these types of lights. The lights are so bright that they are brights than the HID/LED lights I have fitted the the Fazer.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: 14 July 2019, 12:40:37 pm »
This one is perennial I would guess but, fucking idiot cyclists in london -
  • jumping red lights when your going in the same directly is annoying, but when they are traveling perpendicular to you and then then have to slam on the fucking anchor's to avoid and collision and then they have the fucking cheek to tell you to fuck off when you pull them on it - I have lost count of the amount of times I have to restrain myself from beating someone into a comma. Or worse you grab a cop and the cunt could not care less.
  • not doing shoulder checks or heck just being fucking aware of whats around them - again slamming on the anchor's when I haven't been able to predict where the fuck there were going.
  • riding in groups at peeks times, against the highway code and common sense - cops don't care, the royal parks service don't care, the cyclists don't care - so I just blast right through the middle of the bunch when they refuse to move over and the gap is big enough.
  • just utterly failing to have any sort of basic riding skill or road awareness - these people are either literately too stupid and shouldn't be on the road in the first place.
  • Having rear and front lights are blinding - I wish there was some sort of legal requirement that prevented cyclists and retailers from allowing the use and sale of these types of lights. The lights are so bright that they are brights than the HID/LED lights I have fitted the the Fazer.

Next time just pull up 50 feet ahead of them, get out your car and start staring at your mobile phone then jump in front of one of the fuckers..... if you take him to court in London youll be able to sue him for everything he owns 🤣

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: 16 July 2019, 11:44:56 am »
Gets my goat as witnessed every sunny morning before 7 am people driving wearing sunglasses. Low sun very long shadows means those shadows are virtually black, how can they see me as they turn right. Have to say that it is all women wearing them, I think its more of a fashion item rather than practical.   

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: 16 July 2019, 02:02:44 pm »
The fashion amongst the Chelsea Tractor women is to have a pair of those enormous sunglasses perched up on top of their head. They wear them over the eyes early morning then raise them up for the rest of the day :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: 16 July 2019, 02:18:05 pm »
The fashion amongst the Chelsea Tractor women is to have a pair of those enormous sunglasses perched up on top of their head. They wear them over the eyes early morning then raise them up for the rest of the day :lol
Yeh - that's them and the reason I have noticed it cause they are focing MASIVE ! and can see them coming from the opposite direction at 1/2 mile

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: 19 July 2019, 09:51:48 am »
These so called Celebs on Celebrity Gogglebox, I don't know who the half of them are, maybe they are celebs in their own minds??????

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #3210 on: 19 July 2019, 04:54:27 pm »
Bloody roundabouts!
Since when has it become correct to have the right of way at a roundabout if you’re going straight across?
Mini roundabouts are the worst, many cars don’t even slow down at all on the approach as they think they’ve got right of way and can just carry on without giving way to anyone.  :wall

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: 19 July 2019, 07:41:19 pm »
 :agree  Nearly got taken out twice yesterday.

Every roundabout is a roundabout.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: 19 July 2019, 08:58:26 pm »

yes,and the older you get the less you bounce,I got knocked off a couple of weeks ago and was pleased I got away with it but I had a bruise on my leg which seemed to take ages to stop hurting and I didn't even realise I'd done anything at the time.
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: 20 July 2019, 02:12:43 pm »
Me's had the same thing happen to me on the way to the Spring meet this year , rammed up the ass by a stupid driver coming off the M6, ended up in hospital and luckily just very badly bruised, bike being repaired as of now, Insurance companies can take a long time to get things sorted out. I bounced reasonably well for a Seventy year old after flying through the air for 10 feet.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: 20 July 2019, 02:27:42 pm »

yes,and the older you get the less you bounce,I got knocked off a couple of weeks ago and was pleased I got away with it but I had a bruise on my leg which seemed to take ages to stop hurting and I didn't even realise I'd done anything at the time.

Too true, it took two months for my left knee to feel ok again after getting rammed off on a roundabout last October, still doing the exerxises from the physio now just to keep it  right.

As for roundabouts, I see people every day who have no idea what to do and on some roundabouts I can fully understand why. Too many are not really a roundabout as such, they have give way road markings halfway round the roundabout so you come to a stop, might as well be a normal T junction,
And who thought it was a good idea to have two mini roundabouts adjacent to each other!

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: 20 July 2019, 03:47:49 pm »
The law says, you have to drive/ride around the painted circle unless your vehicle is too wide to make it impossible to do that.
It doesn't say 'drive as fast as you like in a straight line pretending the roundabout doesn't exist'  >:

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: 23 July 2019, 07:57:05 am »
there is a mini roundabout near me and it consists of a painted white circle with no centre bollard to allow buses to negotiate the junction turning left or right.
Over the 25 years I have lived here there have been many RTCs on this junction(was going to say accidents but most of them have been caused by outright stupidity or careless/dangerous driving).
Lately I approach said junction with EXTREME CAUTION as more and more drivers simply dont even slow let alone look right or left  but sail across without showing any sign that they recognise they are crossing a junction.
I used to think it was too many distractions in cars like satnavs,infotainment centres and "danglies" from the rear view mirror. Now I believe that many drivers simply dont give a s**t ! After all who is going to pick them up on their errors?-we only see police vehicles on rapid response work-often unmarked- travelling at high speed. Tailgating and lane hogging are 2 other classic instances of moronic behaviour I witness daily.
Dont know what the answer is-its probably me getting old and cynical but there seems to be so much selfish behaviour generally these days-I think it has something to do with the narcissistic cult of celebrity s**t that pours forth from our tv sets unless we remember the on/off switch!

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: 23 July 2019, 09:35:05 am »
there is a mini roundabout near me and it consists of a painted white circle with no centre bollard to allow buses to negotiate the junction turning left or right.
Over the 25 years I have lived here there have been many RTCs on this junction(was going to say accidents but most of them have been caused by outright stupidity or careless/dangerous driving).
Lately I approach said junction with EXTREME CAUTION as more and more drivers simply dont even slow let alone look right or left  but sail across without showing any sign that they recognise they are crossing a junction.
I used to think it was too many distractions in cars like satnavs,infotainment centres and "danglies" from the rear view mirror. Now I believe that many drivers simply dont give a s**t ! After all who is going to pick them up on their errors?-we only see police vehicles on rapid response work-often unmarked- travelling at high speed. Tailgating and lane hogging are 2 other classic instances of moronic behaviour I witness daily.
Dont know what the answer is-its probably me getting old and cynical but there seems to be so much selfish behaviour generally these days-I think it has something to do with the narcissistic cult of celebrity s**t that pours forth from our tv sets unless we remember the on/off switch!

👏👏👏

Now THAT'S a proper 'gets my goat' rant right there haha

And couldn't agree more about the so called 'celebrity' BS that's spewed out of the tv sets and today's youth. Between that and social media 'influencers' I'd say they have very few good role models to base themselves off.
Having all this 50th anniversary of the moon landing stuff going on just highlights how much society has changed.
Back then kids looked up to extraordinary people. People with skill and dignity, they aspired to be great and reach for the stars..... now days they look up to gender confused sados that have the highest score on a video game or the most likes on a picture of their toast 🤯🤯

If anything all this makes me glad for the advancement in self driving cars because at least they will pay more attention than the idiots riding in them

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: 23 July 2019, 12:00:15 pm »

Yep I have got one of those near me and its even worse because it is an "aftermarket" mini roundabout, painted to create traffic calming it used to be a t junction with the top of the t being the through road, they scrubbed out the stop line and moved it back up the side road to make room for the roundabout, so that when you approach from the old side road you have no visibility from the right due to house fences and that view from the right is the old though road of the junction and cars fly straight over without even slowing. Its actually safer at night because you can see the lights before the car.   

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: 23 July 2019, 12:03:10 pm »
And another thing - if I am approaching from the left of the picture and turning right as I go around the paint other cars behind me and going in the same direction as me cut the roundabout out and seem to get angry with me for going around it and so remain right up my arse the whole distance of the remaining street.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: 23 July 2019, 07:09:50 pm »
And another thing - if I am approaching from the left of the picture and turning right as I go around the paint other cars behind me and going in the same direction as me cut the roundabout out and seem to get angry with me for going around it and so remain right up my arse the whole distance of the remaining street.

I've had this a few times and it's right intimidating :eek you're scared to brake to sharply 'cause without a doubt they'll ram you and then probably smash the bike up afterwards and you with it! nasty foccers  :finger
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: 23 July 2019, 07:38:08 pm »

We must have vastly different riding styles as one thing that has never been an issue for me on a motorbike is a car being too close behind me, it's the fuckers in front holding me up that are my issue  :rollin

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: 23 July 2019, 08:05:25 pm »

We must have vastly different riding styles as one thing that has never been an issue for me on a motorbike is a car being too close behind me, it's the fuckers in front holding me up that are my issue  :rollin
Should of made it clear that I was referring to when I am in the car

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: 23 July 2019, 10:46:17 pm »
If someone's right up my chuff, I just go slower and slower until they get the message. Then I take off  :)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3224 on: 23 July 2019, 11:32:21 pm »
Mini roundabouts are the worst, many cars don’t even slow down at all on the approach as they think they’ve got right of way and can just carry on without giving way to anyone.

Three rules of riding:

1) Don't assume they've seen you.

2) Don't assume they'll respect your priority.

3) Do assume they'll do something stupid.

There's no point in thinking "I was in the right!" as you're flying through the air, because it won't make it hurt any less when you hit the ground :(