Date: 19-03-24  Time: 14:05 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 639576 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #3025 on: 07 February 2019, 06:57:04 am »
MTREAD       :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble               

:lol
One, is never going to be enough.....

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: 07 February 2019, 09:38:56 am »
Getting a bill from TALKTALK when iam not even a customer......yep , thats got my goat today , just a tiny bit annoyed at that , a bit niggled , a little bit  rattled.........thinking of jumping on the FAZER and paying them a visit at thier posh london offices and ramming the bill  right up their a*s      :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble

How have they got your details, and how have they worked out a bill if you don't use their services?
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: 07 February 2019, 11:41:48 am »
If you owned a dog that kept dumping in everyone elses garden there'd be hell to pay.
Also cat owners always claim to be animal lovers, yet their pets go around killing all the songbirds :rolleyes

:thumbup  I absolutely love birds. Cats are evil,couldn't hurt one though,I'm as soft as shit when it comes to any animals. :\
What about Rats? :eek

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: 07 February 2019, 05:33:41 pm »
If you owned a dog that kept dumping in everyone elses garden there'd be hell to pay.
Also cat owners always claim to be animal lovers, yet their pets go around killing all the songbirds :rolleyes

:thumbup  I absolutely love birds. Cats are evil,couldn't hurt one though,I'm as soft as shit when it comes to any animals. :\

Repairing a window at eldest daughters house, a tree rat(grey squirrel) walked up the drive with a blackbirds egg in its mouth. Five minutes it went back down the drive, then re-appeared again with another egg in its mouth. I have heard people say they also take chicks from nests, but cant confirm that. Reminds me, when we were kids we used to collect birds eggs (yes, shame on me) and pretty much every hedgerow was full of bird nests of all types. About 15 years ago, I built a smashing bird table to see what we could attract into the garden. Over the ensuing months, pretty much all of the food was consumed by tree rats, when I opened the blinds in the morning, there'd be 3 or 4 of them jumping on and off the table, and they found there way into the lofts in the house and garage. I decided that if we were going to get birds here, then the squirrels have to go. So I bought a.22 air rifle with telescopic sight. Fuck me if I didn't shoot at least 80 of the fucking things over the next couple of years. At one point I almost gave up, as the numbers never seemed to diminish, but over time, they appeared less and less, until maybe 3 or 4 years ago, we had a spell where none were seen, so I must have got them down to an unsustainable number. As of then, the increase in birds visiting has been nothing short of sensational, and includes birds on the red list, with several now nesting in the garden. The occasional squirrel visits, but I can live with that until it becomes any more significant.

Its not just the cats that have impacted on bird numbers

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: 07 February 2019, 06:41:54 pm »
The bill is £0.00 ....and £3.98 to send it too me , they have being trying to contact me via an old email address I stopped using 20 odd ish years ago....I got a letter a couple of weeks ago asking me to update my email so they could send me a bill for nothing and if I didnt they would send it by post and charge me postage ...I ignored it thinking they would spot their mistake but then got the bill....emailed them this morning but not heard anything yet , so they have my old email and address , keeping a close eye on my bank account , if they have my bank details I think they would of helped themselves by now but if they do take anything you can expect ww3 ..........tried phoning but all I get is a link to a text service .........TALKTALK ....the people who dont like to talk   :wall ..........now iam wound up again

:grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: 07 February 2019, 07:09:43 pm »
The bill is £0.00 ....and £3.98 to send it too me , they have being trying to contact me via an old email address I stopped using 20 odd ish years ago....I got a letter a couple of weeks ago asking me to update my email so they could send me a bill for nothing and if I didnt they would send it by post and charge me postage ...I ignored it thinking they would spot their mistake but then got the bill....emailed them this morning but not heard anything yet , so they have my old email and address , keeping a close eye on my bank account , if they have my bank details I think they would of helped themselves by now but if they do take anything you can expect ww3 ..........tried phoning but all I get is a link to a text service .........TALKTALK ....the people who dont like to talk   :wall ..........now iam wound up again

:grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble
I fear that this will go on and on and the next thing you find is they have passed the "outstanding amount" on to a dept collector.To end it quicker I would advise that you join the talktalk forum and put your problem up there because it is run my talktalk staff who can and do get stuff done. But dont expect a reply from official staff for a few days as they answer by the oldest first and if you add to it again asking "why no help" then it gets pushed back to the bottom again.Do not bother ringing and talking to India.
« Last Edit: 07 February 2019, 07:10:22 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: 07 February 2019, 07:44:30 pm »
Thanks SHARPIE...great advise   :thumbup

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: 07 February 2019, 08:54:39 pm »
I had problems with an online book supplier just before Xmas. No reply to my emails. Phone line permanently on hold etc etc. So I posted my complaint on their Facebook page and put it in the public domain. Instant reply and resolved  :)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: 07 February 2019, 11:42:00 pm »

Yeah, that's pretty messed up.

Similar to some office numpty who phoned up my mum just over a year ago telling her she owed 2p on her rent.
Some people just make you sick.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: 08 February 2019, 12:10:10 am »

What about Rats? :eek

believe it or not apart from wheals disease etc they are supposed to be cleaner than squirrels! :eek
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: 08 February 2019, 12:34:23 am »
I have a large Scotts Pine Tree that overhangs my patio and it has two Squirrels dreys in it, I am shocked by the amount of shit that emanates from the, I call the biggest one of them VNA.

Every twice in a while I go out into the garden and give them a taste of this, 4 rounds up through the bottom of the Drey, funny enough they don't care for that.   :eek
« Last Edit: 08 February 2019, 12:35:13 am by tommyardin »

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: 08 February 2019, 12:40:57 am »
Very cruel,couldn't do that myself  :(   it's  a shame about the birds eggs though I suppose that's life............... or death  :(
« Last Edit: 08 February 2019, 12:44:46 am by coffee »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: 08 February 2019, 01:07:05 am »
Very cruel,couldn't do that myself  :(   it's  a shame about the birds eggs though I suppose that's life............... or death  :(

If you saw the squirrel poo om my patio 3 hours after I hosed it off you would not say that, they are dirty things and they kick up one hell of a row when that start fighting each other.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: 08 February 2019, 06:09:55 am »
Went to a friends funeral on Tuesday, and another mate was finding a place to park in the grounds and we pulled up next to this huge oak tree which had more squirrels underneath it than i think i've ever seen before in one place.
I must admit i'm not a fan of them although i do admire the fact that they're ingenious little bastards.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: 08 February 2019, 06:29:14 am »

So it would appear this shit has been going on for many years now, you'd think they'd have resolved this by now.

https://conversation.which.co.uk/technology/ofcom-blasts-talktalk-for-billing-ex-customers/

I would be inclined to try and have an online chat with them, as long as you don't need passwords to get through to them.
And i would also contact your bank and tell them to block any activity from TalkTalk with a brief explanation why just to be safe.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

I had a similar scenario the other day when i got a totally random text on my phone suddenly saying they will take money from my account each month for something i never knew about or even ordered?
Then they said text the word "STOP" to a phone number which was a premium rate number, so i was immediately fucked either way!
I did text STOP but also phoned my bank to make sure no Direct Debit's suddenly started without my knowledge, and my phone company said they couldn't do anything as it was a 3rd party source?
I just checked as it was around Xmas time and i never did get charged anything with that, but worth knowing anyway.
« Last Edit: 08 February 2019, 06:47:06 am by darrsi »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: 08 February 2019, 06:55:29 am »
Quote from: darrsinto  link=intresopic=17546.msg292117#msg292117 date=1549607354
The bill is £0.00 ....and £3.98 to send it too me , they have being trying to contact me it coia an old email address I stopped using 20 odd ish years ago....I got a letter a couple of weeks ago asking me to update my email so they could send me a bill for nothing and if I didnt they would send it by post and charge me postage ...I ignored it thinking they would spot their mistake but then got the bill....emailed them this morning but not heard anything yet , so they have my old email and address , keeping a close eye on my bank account , if they have my bank details I think they would of helped themselves by now but if they do take anything you can expect ww3 ..........tried phoning but all I get is a link to a text service .........TALKTALK ....the people who dont like to talk   :wall ..........now iam wound up again

So it would appear this shit has been going on for many years now, you'd think they'd have resolved this by now.

https://conversation.which.co.uk/technology/ofcom-blasts-talktalk-for-billing-ex-customers/

I would be inclined to try and have an online chat with them, as long as you don't need passwords to get through to them.
And i would also contact your bank and tell them to block any activity from TalkTalk with a brief explanation why just to be safe.

I had a similar scenario the other day when i got a totally random text on my phone suddenly saying they will take money from my account each month for something i never knew about or even ordered?
Then they said text the word "STOP" to a phone number which was a premium rate number, so i was immediately fucked either way!
I did text STOP but also phoned my bank to make sure no Direct Debit's suddenly started without my knowledge, and my phone company said they couldn't do anything as it was a 3rd party source?
I must check and see if i ever did get charged for anything with that?

thats Interesting DARRSI , thanks for taking the time searching and posting  :thumbup ......need to look Into this a bit more , never beena customer of TALKTALK but i was once with tiscalli , must be something like 20 ish years ago , got a confirmation email from TALKTALK saying my mail has been passed onto the complaints dept and It could take upto 3 days to get a reply , makes me think about what SHARPIE said about chasing them up and then being put at the back of the que ,
  targetting the elderly for a 2p bill is an absolute discrace , had simular trouble with my 85 year old dementure suffering mum a couple of months ago , started with a knock on her door , she lives on her own , 30 mins later shes signed up for £1800 worth of loft insulstion she dosnt need  , would of been nice meeting the lowlife so i could sort that one out face to face  ;)
  that really did get my goat....... :grumble :grumble :grumble

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: 08 February 2019, 07:24:50 am »
Quote from: darrsinto  link=intresopic=17546.msg292117#msg292117 date=1549607354
The bill is £0.00 ....and £3.98 to send it too me , they have being trying to contact me it coia an old email address I stopped using 20 odd ish years ago....I got a letter a couple of weeks ago asking me to update my email so they could send me a bill for nothing and if I didnt they would send it by post and charge me postage ...I ignored it thinking they would spot their mistake but then got the bill....emailed them this morning but not heard anything yet , so they have my old email and address , keeping a close eye on my bank account , if they have my bank details I think they would of helped themselves by now but if they do take anything you can expect ww3 ..........tried phoning but all I get is a link to a text service .........TALKTALK ....the people who dont like to talk   :wall ..........now iam wound up again

I must check and see if i ever did get charged for anything with that?

thats Interesting DARRSI , thanks for taking the time searching and posting  :thumbup ......need to look Into this a bit more , never beena customer of TALKTALK but i was once with tiscalli , must be something like 20 ish years ago , got a confirmation email from TALKTALK saying my mail has been passed onto the complaints dept and It could take upto 3 days to get a reply , makes me think about what SHARPIE said about chasing them up and then being put at the back of the que ,
  targetting the elderly for a 2p bill is an absolute discrace , had simular trouble with my 85 year old dementure suffering mum a couple of months ago , started with a knock on her door , she lives on her own , 30 mins later shes signed up for £1800 worth of loft insulstion she dosnt need  , would of been nice meeting the lowlife so i could sort that one out face to face  ;)
  that really did get my goat....... :grumble :grumble :grumble

Seems like you are most certainly not alone, if they can't locate an email address they convert you to paper billing by default, and i would hazard a guess that their system is to this day tied up in knots from a not very clean handover from Tiscali.
I reckon once you get to speak to the right person they will have dealt with this type of complaint before and will resolve it for you.
Use the online chat service to start with and simply make it clear that you're not a customer and need your name and address removed from their mailing list and any associative bills need to be quashed.
I don't think getting the hump with them will help in this particular case, it's just a matter of them clearing things up at their end so just give them all the details they need to sort things out.
How you want them to confirm things with you is another problem though, because i would begrudge giving them my current email address.
Maybe a text will do.  :lol

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing-Your-account-MyTalkTalk/You-can-t-access-my-email-address/td-p/2202794

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: 08 February 2019, 08:30:47 am »
The whole idea of the scam is to tell you bulshit that you will be charged and get you to call the premium rate number.

RED98 yes try the online chat the good thing about that is that after the chat you can have the transcript emailed to you so you have proof of what was said or to be on the safe side copy and past it in to word or something yourself near the end of the chat.But again these chats are to a call centre in India and they are good at saying and promising everything and doing nothing.
  The talk talk "community" as they call the forum is monitored by uk talk talk staff here is the section that may be best to post into    https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing-Your-account-MyTalkTalk/bd-p/45  you will see post by people that look like this OCE_KARL or other names after OCE and the OCE stands for online community executive and they are the ones who work for talktalk. You may also get replys from other know-it-alls but they do not work for talktalk, only the OCE's are the official peeps. 
« Last Edit: 08 February 2019, 08:31:29 am by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: 09 February 2019, 09:06:44 pm »
Modern light bulbs. Claimed to last 100,000 hours. Foccin tosh. Barely last as long as the old filament lamps, and 10 times the foccin price too boot. Sat reading, and the glass section fell from the ceiling light and shattered on the floor, leaving the screw base still screwed in to the fitting.

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: 09 February 2019, 09:26:26 pm »
take it back :eek

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: 09 February 2019, 09:48:59 pm »
Van drivers who advertise their business by sign writing their vehicles and then drive like idiots   :wall

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: 09 February 2019, 09:51:20 pm »
Parents with "baby on board" on their cars and then drive like idiots   :wall

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: 09 February 2019, 09:54:24 pm »
Modern light bulbs. Claimed to last 100,000 hours. Foccin tosh. Barely last as long as the old filament lamps, and 10 times the foccin price too boot. Sat reading, and the glass section fell from the ceiling light and shattered on the floor, leaving the screw base still screwed in to the fitting.
That seems odd.  Just about every light in my house is now LED.  Started changing over in 2015, pretty much everything LED by 2017 and not one failure yet.  I always buy Phillips, Osram or Sylvania.  Still on old fashioned fluorescent tubes in the garage though.

At work all the basic lighting is now LED, but I don’t recognise the brands they supply us with.  The LED ceiling panels are excellent but the power supplies that come with them are crap.  The LED fluorescent replacement tubes are not very bright and they don’t seem to last any longer than fluorescents, though at least the fittings last almost forever as it’s 240 straight onto the LED tube.   But what I notice at work is when they try to save on price by buying cheap, the reality is it costs them a fortune.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: 09 February 2019, 11:06:09 pm »
[... The LED fluorescent replacement tubes are not very bright and they don’t seem to last any longer than fluorescents, though at least the fittings last almost forever as it’s 240 straight onto the LED tube.   But what I notice at work is when they try to save on price by buying cheap, the reality is it costs them a fortune.

That’s surprising. I replaced the two 4’ fluorescents in my kitchen with LED tubes a few weeks ago and feel like I need sunglasses in there.

The cheap bulbs are downright dangerous as well as short-lived. Some I got off ebay had fake CE markings (spacing between the letters wrong) so I took a look at the circuit and realised that if one of the LEDs went open-circuit the capacitor which was rated at 35V would have about 10x that across it. Sure enough, a few months later the lamp died and a minute later there was a bang which blew the top off leaving exposed mains dangling out.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: 10 February 2019, 03:09:50 pm »

That’s surprising. I replaced the two 4’ fluorescents in my kitchen with LED tubes a few weeks ago and feel like I need sunglasses in there.

You sure.  The ones they give us a work, which I think are cheapies, are nowhere near as bright as conventional tubes.  They do sometimes fool people into thinking they are quite bright as they tend to have a cold blue colour temp, rather then the warm yellow of conventional. 

I thought about them for my garage.  But just looking at what screwfix have.  A 5ft Philips 20w LED pumps out 2000lm.  A 58w 5ft Sylvania fluorescent pumps out 5200lm.  So naw sticking with the fluorescent in the garage.

The cheap bulbs are downright dangerous as well as short-lived. Some I got off ebay had fake CE markings (spacing between the letters wrong) so I took a look at the circuit and realised that if one of the LEDs went open-circuit the capacitor which was rated at 35V would have about 10x that across it. Sure enough, a few months later the lamp died and a minute later there was a bang which blew the top off leaving exposed mains dangling out.
Nasty.  I take it you have binned them all.