Date: 19-03-24  Time: 08:51 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 639563 times)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #3000 on: 12 January 2019, 04:06:41 pm »
We have an unwanted cat that visits Sharp Hall and I keep a few small old soft potatoes by the backdoor to throw at it. I have little chance of hitting the cat so I throw them at the fence to make a bang and they fall down into the ornamental border on the East lawns.  An unexpected bonus last year was that I ended up with a little crop of potatoes that had grown from the ones that I had launched.

What you need is one of these.  :)

Haven't seen one of them since I was a kid , its a wonder they are still allowed to sell them.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: 12 January 2019, 04:45:39 pm »
We have an unwanted cat that visits Sharp Hall and I keep a few small old soft potatoes by the backdoor to throw at it. I have little chance of hitting the cat so I throw them at the fence to make a bang and they fall down into the ornamental border on the East lawns.  An unexpected bonus last year was that I ended up with a little crop of potatoes that had grown from the ones that I had launched.

What you need is one of these.  :)

Haven't seen one of them since I was a kid , its a wonder they are still allowed to sell them.

You probably have a higher chance of being shot by a police sniper these days by using one, but they're still about  :2guns
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Northern Biker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: 13 January 2019, 11:16:41 pm »
Shingles.  It's really getting ma goat.
Had that nasty cold that was going roond before Christmas - what a stoater it wis - though I managed to struggle through without calling in sick to work.  Just got over it before the new year.  Did notice we had loads of folks off with it.  But then maybe my determination to soldier on is why I now have shingles.
Started feeling odd on new years day.  Just knackered - falling asleep and for unusally long periods of time.  Then the pain started.  Seems to be in my throat, ear and rhs of my face.  Saw the doc on the 4th.  I've had this before so I figured what was happening.  Halfway through the course of anti-virals.

The weekend was absolute hell there.  Still foccing hellish.  Really foccing getting my goat. :(

Had shingles myself, not nice! Get well soon dude  :thumbup

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: 14 January 2019, 02:13:54 pm »
Had shingles myself, not nice! Get well soon dude  :thumbup

Cheers NB.  Can you remember who long it took for the pain to start to noticeable ease?

It appears I have Zoster Sine Herpete as opposed to the usual herpes zoster.  Basically, I have shingles without the rash.  Also, sometimes known as internal shingles.  This is something I get the impression my GP has not heard of.  Twice I’ve been to the surgery, and each GP has spent ages trying to find a rash and scratching their heids.  I had to go back a second time for a sick line – he gave me a one week – which kinda makes me think he has doubts as to it being shingles.  So back to the GP tomorrow.

The good news is I got my course of anti-virals within 4 days of the first symptoms, so I’m hoping I avoid any long term complications.

But I seem to have gone backwards since finishing the course.  Can’t help thinking the course was too short.

I did have shingles before about 20 years ago.  I got the classic rash on the lower back.  It was pretty nasty, but I don’t think it was anything as bad as I have now.

I’ve had a serious splitting headache for coming on two weeks now.  My neck is killing me too.  Eating is difficult as it’s painful opening my mouth wide.  Though I have no rash, but I have the exact same super sensitivity across the rhs of my scalp and down my face just like I had on my back all those years ago.  Plus my right hand and lower arm are slightly numb.

Worst of all I can’t get a decent sleep.  During the day I’m OKish but night time I wake up with the rhs of my face on fire and the headache off the scale.  It’s only on waking up at night that I take some pain killers.  So, some Tramadol which I keep in the house for my kidney stones gets me some sleep at night but not much.  Don’t take anything during the day.  Too many painkillers just make me constipated :eek .  Anti-inflammatories are supposed to work well with shingles but they wreck ma guts :rolleyes .

So pretty much grinning and bearing it.  The internet says the worst of it lasts 3-5 weeks.  So I’m a good solid two weeks in, so sure I should turn the corner soon.

But hey, big moan over, I’m alive and within a few weeks this should all pass.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: 16 January 2019, 12:02:27 am »
If you owned a dog that kept dumping in everyone elses garden there'd be hell to pay.
Also cat owners always claim to be animal lovers, yet their pets go around killing all the songbirds :rolleyes

:thumbup  I absolutely love birds. Cats are evil,couldn't hurt one though,I'm as soft as shit when it comes to any animals. :\
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #3005 on: 24 January 2019, 09:11:50 am »
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: 24 January 2019, 12:23:09 pm »
Can't believe the stupid of some people!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6624369/Motorbike-smashes-woman-sends-flying-London.html

Typical  '  my needs are more important than yours ' London  arsehole,  wouldn't be surprised if she sued the biker  for nearly making her miss her bus.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: 24 January 2019, 02:46:52 pm »
The bus will have an even better video of that, although that one was pretty conclusive. I get that sort of stupidity nearly every day near my work when people pile off the buses then walk straight out in front of me to cross the road to the tube station.
Zero manners or common sense whatsoever.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: 24 January 2019, 10:39:50 pm »
Nicholas Witchell  :(

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: 25 January 2019, 12:17:03 pm »
People do stupid things.
Another thing to bear in mind, people often behave very oddly directly after an accident.
But bloody hell, she must be sare.  That bike sent her flying. 

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: 28 January 2019, 09:01:01 pm »
cops who pull you up at a check point,then go through the cars as if you're not there then when you want to know what's going on they say"we've only got one who does bikes!"so then when you say why piss about pulling bikes up then they come back with "if sir doesn't like the way we're doing things we can soon keep him here longer and make sure his machine fails on something" one rule for them and one for us. :finger

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: 28 January 2019, 09:10:34 pm »
Lesson one... always be polite to the policeman who pulls you over. You'll get home quicker that way  :)

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: 28 January 2019, 09:22:42 pm »
And that's a FACT ! My son's a cop but I can't say I've got to much time for 'em,they know they've got you by the bollocks from the start and if you show a bit of attitude which I think I'm a bit guilty of it goes against you straightaway. ;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: 28 January 2019, 09:23:45 pm »
Were they checking if you were smuggling in any illegal immigrants, or if you were using red diesel, or wearing your seat belt, or on the phone    :lol   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: 29 January 2019, 07:14:19 am »
People do stupid things.
Another thing to bear in mind, people often behave very oddly directly after an accident.

Love the headline. ‘Motorbike smashes into woman...’

How about, ‘Stupid person runs out into road without looking causing innocent motorcyclist to crash!’
« Last Edit: 29 January 2019, 07:15:44 am by Trebus »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: 29 January 2019, 10:34:04 am »
People do stupid things.

Love the headline. ‘Motorbike smashes into woman...’

How about, ‘Stupid person runs out into road without looking causing innocent motorcyclist to crash!’

And left the scene of an accident that she blatantly caused!

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: 29 January 2019, 10:58:10 am »

Most accidents involving bike start by blaming the rider, too fast, too slow, not alert, riding like a demented idiot, heard most of them trotted out over 40 odd years even heard the rider was speeding even though he was laying dead in the road turned out the driver was pissed out his brains when he pulled out the side road. Bet all of you on here has heard some beauties over the years. Non of us are perfect we all make mistakes but I think riders are more aware of the painful and sometimes fatal out come of the lapses.
 What's the best, worst reason you've heard when your laying in a big heap in the road why it was your fault?
 I'll start it off  sorry mate I didn't see you your headlight blinded me unfortunately for the driver the police officer who had witnessed the accident heard the remark he had his day in court. and a large fine 

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: 29 January 2019, 11:16:29 am »

Not to worry, soon there will be no cars etc on the road if government has it's way, polluting machines all off the road--then the country will be really Focced up, can't wait for it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: 31 January 2019, 09:07:04 pm »
Another bad indicator on a car I have just seen is a new rangerover that had two very long and thin and very bright brake lights and sandwiched between them was the indicators - the same very long and thin and they were almost drowned out by the brake lights --- stupid as a lot of turning also includes braking. Unless you are in a BMW or an Audi because then you neither slow down or indicate.     
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: 31 January 2019, 11:04:31 pm »
Agreed. A bit like those cars with amber side lights.
How do these designs pass type approval?

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: 31 January 2019, 11:52:06 pm »
Were they checking if you were smuggling in any illegal immigrants, or if you were using red diesel, or wearing your seat belt, or on the phone    :lol

You mentioning red diesel,must be 30yrs ago now I got a pull for using it,they take 3 samples in wirelocked canisters,the ministry have one ,you have one and I can't remember who has the other,at that time if it was your first time and you wasn't running a business they settle out of court with a fine,but leave you with no doubt if you're caught again it's a big deal and sometimes can lead to a stretch!Anyway I'd got away with it for some time which was just as well because I was racing at the time and going up and down the country in the roughest trannie you could imagine,it had a York engine which used to crack heads at will,I'm sure the block was warped because I had an older one with a perkins lump in which was o.k. I remember picking it up in 45 gallon drums and snaking it out into degreaser drums which were all over the place from Croft to Lydden because I never wanted to pay for diesel if I was running short.Halcyon days :lol

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3021 on: 01 February 2019, 01:05:55 am »
Agreed. A bit like those cars with amber side lights.
How do these designs pass type approval?

Tell me about it!

There are times I've been fractions of a second away from making a rapid avoidance move or emergency stop because one of these has suddenly appeared in my peripheral vision and I think someone's about to cut across my line! :(

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: 01 February 2019, 07:55:37 pm »

Most accidents involving bike start by blaming the rider, too fast, too slow, not alert, riding like a demented idiot, heard most of them trotted out over 40 odd years even heard the rider was speeding even though he was laying dead in the road turned out the driver was pissed out his brains when he pulled out the side road. Bet all of you on here has heard some beauties over the years. Non of us are perfect we all make mistakes but I think riders are more aware of the painful and sometimes fatal out come of the lapses.
 What's the best, worst reason you've heard when your laying in a big heap in the road why it was your fault?
 I'll start it off  sorry mate I didn't see you your headlight blinded me unfortunately for the driver the police officer who had witnessed the accident heard the remark he had his day in court. and a large fine

"The car just suddenly turned right, on its own and he (me) ran into the side of me". The self turning car was perfectly positioned for a right turn into the council refuse amenity site, and his boot was full of rubbish. I was coming the opposite way, the self guiding car turned when I was less than spitting distance away. I was lying in the gutter fearing my back was broken, unable to move, the driver got into a fight with someone who objected to being held up, and to cap it all, I had to wait an hour and three quarters for the ambulance, even though the A&E was only a mile and a half away. Bike written off, four months off work. Hilarious.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: 06 February 2019, 07:24:33 pm »
Getting a bill from TALKTALK when iam not even a customer......yep , thats got my goat today , just a tiny bit annoyed at that , a bit niggled , a little bit  rattled.........thinking of jumping on the FAZER and paying them a visit at thier posh london offices and ramming the bill  right up their a*s      :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble
One, is never going to be enough.....

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: 06 February 2019, 11:00:23 pm »
thinking of jumping on the FAZER and paying them a visit at thier posh london offices
Make sure you do it before ULEZ kicks in, or you'll get another bill  :)