Date: 19-03-24  Time: 10:45 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 639568 times)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #2975 on: 08 January 2019, 04:19:46 pm »

Shingles.  It's really getting ma goat.
Had that nasty cold that was going roond before Christmas - what a stoater it wis - though I managed to struggle through without calling in sick to work.  Just got over it before the new year.  Did notice we had loads of folks off with it.  But then maybe my determination to soldier on is why I now have shingles.
Started feeling odd on new years day.  Just knackered - falling asleep and for unusally long periods of time.  Then the pain started.  Seems to be in my throat, ear and rhs of my face.  Saw the doc on the 4th.  I've had this before so I figured what was happening.  Halfway through the course of anti-virals.

The weekend was absolute hell there.  Still foccing hellish.  Really foccing getting my goat. :(

^^^^
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hypochondria
« Last Edit: 08 January 2019, 04:21:59 pm by dazza »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: 08 January 2019, 04:29:00 pm »
Had that nasty cold that was going roond before Christmas - what a stoater it wis - though I managed to struggle through without calling in sick to work.  Just got over it before the new year.  Did notice we had loads of folks off with it.  But then maybe my determination to soldier on is why I now have shingles.
Started feeling odd on new years day.  Just knackered - falling asleep and for unusally long periods of time.  Then the pain started.  Seems to be in my throat, ear and rhs of my face.  Saw the doc on the 4th.  I've had this before so I figured what was happening.  Halfway through the course of anti-virals.

The weekend was absolute hell there.  Still foccing hellish.  Really foccing getting my goat. :(
I can't recall another year where there's been so many people with stinking colds/flu/coughs/throats etc...Seems everyone's had it at one point or another. I had the worst cold I've ever had the week before Christmas.
Shingles can be a nightmare.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: 08 January 2019, 05:34:42 pm »
I can't recall another year where there's been so many people with stinking colds/flu/coughs/throats etc...Seems everyone's had it at one point or another. I had the worst cold I've ever had the week before Christmas.
I don't usually get the cold, but that one was a stoater.  And it sure is doing the rounds.
It's murder, it really is.  Feels like somebody is trying to give me two dental injections into my skull simultaniously, plus my ear aches and my neck is killing me due to a badly swollen lymph node or two.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2978 on: 08 January 2019, 08:06:14 pm »

Hope it doesnt turn into Bells Palsey
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: 08 January 2019, 08:46:27 pm »
 :eek
Bleedin hope not!

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: 08 January 2019, 10:30:05 pm »
'kin hell !!!  I hope I never get them,I've known a couple of elderly folks who had them but I thought they may have been exaggerating a bit,now I don't think so. :eek
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: 09 January 2019, 06:03:47 am »

I was rough over most of the Xmas holidays i had, about 10 days, then thought it was all getting better about 2 days before returning, then as soon as i'm back at work i'm ill again.
On two separate days, a week apart, i was at home watching telly then just randomly felt queasy then unexpectedly threw up, about 3 or 4 times?
Now i'm on antibiotics for a chest infection, and have a tickly cough i simply cannot get rid of that is making me cough so much i've strained the odd stomach muscle a few times. Plus the coughing at night in bed is keeping me awake at all hours making me knackered during the day.
The thing is i was talking to 3 people at work yesterday and they've all had the same problems as i've described too, so it's still doing the rounds.  :groan
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: 09 January 2019, 11:30:57 am »
I was rough over most of the Xmas holidays i had, about 10 days, then thought it was all getting better about 2 days before returning, then as soon as i'm back at work i'm ill again.
On two separate days, a week apart, i was at home watching telly then just randomly felt queasy then unexpectedly threw up, about 3 or 4 times?
Now i'm on antibiotics for a chest infection, and have a tickly cough i simply cannot get rid of that is making me cough so much i've strained the odd stomach muscle a few times. Plus the coughing at night in bed is keeping me awake at all hours making me knackered during the day.
The thing is i was talking to 3 people at work yesterday and they've all had the same problems as i've described too, so it's still doing the rounds.  :groan

Cos I have a touch of asthma, whenever I get a cold I often get a hellish cough.  That last cold was bad, I tweaked a couple of muscles in my chest coughing and I can still feel them two weeks later.
You could try pholcodine linctus bp cough mixture.
Not recommended if you are still bringing up lots of phlegm.  And maybe check with Doctor or chemist as you are on anti-biotics. (VNA is not a doctor and I do not accept any liability if this shit kills you – consult medical pros etc etc)
There has been talk of banning the stuff (readily available, drinkable and addictive), and I’ve found chemists will try and recommended all sorts of other products rather than sell this old fashioned stuff.  As the name suggests it contains an an opioid which handily acts as a cough suppressant. It can make you drowsy.
You can get it over the counter for less than 3 quid a bottle.
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/4921/smpc

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: 09 January 2019, 01:07:11 pm »
Sitting here having my dinner, trying to watch television, as yet another newly arrived Moldovan/Romanian sits outside our house in his car with his music turned up full blast, to the point where it is shaking our windows. Inconsiderate bastard ! Since he arrived and got hold of a vehicle we know when he is turning into the street, two hundred yards away, as we can hear the racket. It makes me wonder what the Romanians in Newtownabbey did to receive the sorting out that they received.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: 09 January 2019, 04:35:28 pm »

Cos I have a touch of asthma, whenever I get a cold I often get a hellish cough.  That last cold was bad, I tweaked a couple of muscles in my chest coughing and I can still feel them two weeks later.
Not recommended if you are still bringing up lots of phlegm.  And maybe check with Doctor or chemist as you are on anti-biotics. (VNA is not a doctor and I do not accept any liability if this shit kills you – consult medical pros etc etc)
There has been talk of banning the stuff (readily available, drinkable and addictive), and I’ve found chemists will try and recommended all sorts of other products rather than sell this old fashioned stuff.  As the name suggests it contains an an opioid which handily acts as a cough suppressant. It can make you drowsy.

I had a 5 minute coughing episode just now at work, simply caused by a tickly cough, but it's uncontrollable, and I swear It feels like I'm about to fracture a rib from coughing so hard.
Very annoying.
Might look into that cough medicine, even though I'm not normally a fan of stuff that makes you drowsy. No way I could take it during the day, but I was up at 3am again this morning having a coughing fit, and I'm getting very bored with it all now. Looks familiar so have probably used it before anyway.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: 10 January 2019, 12:15:22 am »

I had a 5 minute coughing episode just now at work, simply caused by a tickly cough, but it's uncontrollable, and I swear It feels like I'm about to fracture a rib from coughing so hard.
Very annoying.
Might look into that cough medicine, even though I'm not normally a fan of stuff that makes you drowsy. No way I could take it during the day, but I was up at 3am again this morning having a coughing fit, and I'm getting very bored with it all now. Looks familiar so have probably used it before anyway.

I seriously think you need some steroid treatment with your antibiotics.
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: 11 January 2019, 01:38:32 pm »

Very annoying.

I seriously think you need some steroid treatment with your antibiotics.

I got hold of some of the above mentioned cough linctus yesterday.
Took some about half hour before going to bed last night, and woke up 1 minute before my alarm went off this morning, which is very rare for me, i normally wake up well before it goes off.
No coughing during the night, and my first uninterrupted nights kip in at least a month, plus i don’t feel knackered at work.
Cheers VNA, credit where credit is due.  :thumbup

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2987 on: 11 January 2019, 10:50:59 pm »
Some filthy bugger decided to take a crap in the alleyway that leads to my shed. I didn't notice, ran over it, then, when I wheeled the bike back into the shed, smelled something revolting :(
I then had to spend 10 minutes hosing their crap off the wheel, then mixing up a load of bleach and water to clean the concrete floor of the shed.  :2guns

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: 12 January 2019, 12:13:04 am »
Some filthy bugger decided to take a crap in the alleyway that leads to my shed. I didn't notice, ran over it, then, when I wheeled the bike back into the shed, smelled something revolting :(
I then had to spend 10 minutes hosing their crap off the wheel, then mixing up a load of bleach and water to clean the concrete floor of the shed.  :2guns

pmsl! nowt worse than a phantom shitter  :lol
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: 12 January 2019, 12:52:26 am »
I'm disappointed, as an advance rider, you should've predicted that. :lol
« Last Edit: 12 January 2019, 07:57:34 am by dazza »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: 12 January 2019, 04:53:07 am »

Does make you reminisce back to the good old days when you'd be lucky to go a week without stepping in dog shit, or biting into fruit that didn't have a maggot in it.  :lol

You sure it wasn't a fox, those screaming kinky bastards have a bad habit of leaving large turds near my house. I swear it sounded like someone being murdered outside my bedroom window again last night, but as it's their sex party season at the moment i've kind of got used to the sudden blood curdling shrieking.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: 12 January 2019, 09:37:47 am »

quote author=dazza link=topic=17546.msg290459#msg290459 date=1547254346]

I'm disappointed, as an advance rider, you should've predicted that. :lol

:rollin :rollin

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: 12 January 2019, 10:06:33 am »
There’s a cat near me that is in the habit of taking a dump on paths and lawns rather than burying its turds in my garden like most of its kind. I’ve trodden in it or put the lawnmower through it on about a dozen occasions and they are the most revolting faeces I’ve ever encountered.
Christ knows what the bastard eats… ripe Parmesan cheese and diarrohea to judge by the stench.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: 12 January 2019, 10:29:50 am »
We have an unwanted cat that visits Sharp Hall and I keep a few small old soft potatoes by the backdoor to throw at it. I have little chance of hitting the cat so I throw them at the fence to make a bang and they fall down into the ornamental border on the East lawns.  An unexpected bonus last year was that I ended up with a little crop of potatoes that had grown from the ones that I had launched.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: 12 January 2019, 11:42:02 am »
If you owned a dog that kept dumping in everyone elses garden there'd be hell to pay.
Also cat owners always claim to be animal lovers, yet their pets go around killing all the songbirds :rolleyes

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2995 on: 12 January 2019, 12:10:27 pm »
You sure it wasn't a fox

I hope to hell not, it would have been a bloody big fox...!

There used to be a couple of urban foxes who would jump on the roof of a neighbour's shed and set off their security lights and they'd just sit there in the spotlight going "look at us", but I haven't seen them for years.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: 12 January 2019, 01:05:11 pm »
You sure it wasn't a fox

I hope to hell not, it would have been a bloody big fox...!

There used to be a couple of urban foxes who would jump on the roof of a neighbour's shed and set off their security lights and they'd just sit there in the spotlight going "look at us", but I haven't seen them for years.

They do seem to have a vast amount of food to scavenge these days so i wouldn't be surprised if they had an oversized dump.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: 12 January 2019, 01:09:26 pm »
We have an unwanted cat that visits Sharp Hall and I keep a few small old soft potatoes by the backdoor to throw at it. I have little chance of hitting the cat so I throw them at the fence to make a bang and they fall down into the ornamental border on the East lawns.  An unexpected bonus last year was that I ended up with a little crop of potatoes that had grown from the ones that I had launched.

What you need is one of these.  :)

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: 12 January 2019, 02:40:45 pm »

Watching that snowflake twat Murray greetin on the telly, whit a mammies boy and spoilt brat to boot.
Grow a pair you stupid arse and get yer mammy oot yer life , in case you didn't remember you have a wife and kids you wanker.
You can at least cry into your multimillion pound bank accounts you twat, unlike the poor Knuts at Jaguar, you self pitying twat that you are---boy do I feel better getting that off my chest

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: 12 January 2019, 02:47:32 pm »
Already got one  :lol

« Last Edit: 12 January 2019, 02:48:24 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.