Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:57 pm

Author Topic: joke moto gp  (Read 1668 times)

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
joke moto gp
« on: 26 August 2018, 11:55:12 pm »
How hard would it have been to run it tomorrow? it may have cost a few quid extra to keep some people another day but in the long run everyone would have benefited especially as it was a bank holiday anyway.I wonder how they intend to re-emburse the fans !
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: joke moto gp
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2018, 05:41:49 am »
Time for me to have a rant...

They steal the traditional date for BSB at Cadwell Park so they got what they deserve. I didn't go just because of this and after it got cancelled I am a whole lot happier that I didn't coff out all that dosh.

I think cricket fans often get a half price refund if rain stops play but pretty sure that MotoGP don't. It's a lot of money to lose. I know that the 'circus' has to get rolling to the next circuit and maybe it's all down to booking times for shipping.

After all the glorious dry weather we have had this summer it is very sad to see the GB round cancelled. If only they had gone for an earlier date instead of nicking Cadwell Park's weekend...

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2018, 07:12:32 am »
I was there, it was a joke. The biggest gripe for most was the lack of information and keeping people there all day. I called it myself at 2pm and focced off home, after Saturday’s crashes they were always going to extra cautious and the rain never looked like stopping.

Still poor though, it was raining constantly but not monsoon. It’s the track surface that was the issue with no drainage.

fatbloke62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2018, 07:44:56 am »
I was there as well trebus even though I was in luffield grandstand we had front row  seats so the first four rows got soaked the rain came in diagonally from the right hand side, I too gave up and walked out about 2pm but also to add to the misery as me and wife went down in the car and had the park and ride at Towcester racecourse which we have used in the past without issue but when we got there it was locked ,someone on the gate told us it had gone in to administration so go back to the circuit and find car park 50 easier said than done with all the road works the volume of traffic not knowing  where  carpark 50 was so a good day was had by all (not) . Had a  email from  Silverstone last night saying I'll be contacted in a couple of days over this fiasco so we'll wait and see 

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2018, 08:34:09 am »
Even if they issue refunds I guess it won’t be for car parking too? I took the Fazer to avoid the advertised £25 parking fee for cars, I assume that was the price in park 50?

fatbloke62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2018, 09:28:36 am »
I'm sure the park and ride  was £10 but I booked it in January been to bed since but I was told if I got a ticket for parking at the circuit Silverstone would honour it ,I'm sure no one checked

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 August 2018, 11:31:31 pm »
In anything if you pay for a particular service,in this case racing and you don't see any for whatever reason you must be entitled to some kind of refund after all you didn't pay to stand or sit at Silverstone to watch the weather! :\
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2018, 01:20:12 am »
Silverstone MotoGP clerk of the course Stuart Higgs  had already secured the services of support staff ready for a Monday race before it was blocked by factory teams.  Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda and KTM are all scheduled to test at Aragon on Wednesday, so deemed that more important than racing on Monday .

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes

RSS to JavaScript