Date: 20-04-24  Time: 00:12 am

Author Topic: Struggling to find my olive coloured crank casing anywhere please help!  (Read 1280 times)

colfazthou

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Hi all,

finally bought another fazer (FZ1) and managed to bodge the rad shroud, belly pan & olive coloured engine casing left side (not sure of the name) . . all before I sat on the thing for the first time

Got a shroud and repaired the belly pan and now stuck as fowlers and my local dealer cant find this engine casing in the greeny olive colour on my 2009 model. I assumed the casings and wheels must have been painted but am now aware that a lot of 2009s had this coloured bits/wheels

can anyone suggest where i might find one? part number i believe is: 5VY-15411- the 00 denoting the black ones and so i assume a different number denotes my colour?

any help greatly received

Colin

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Struggling to find my olive coloured crank casing anywhere please help!
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2018, 03:50:26 am »
I've looked at online spares departments in the USA and Europe, without much luck:

https://www.oemmotorparts.com/partno_search.asp?Make=Yamaha&Pno=5VY-15411-00&Submit=Search

https://www.cmsnl.com/products/covercrankcase-1_5vy1541100/#.WpYlpudG3IU

https://www.partshark.com/oemparts/partsearch/yamaha_motorcycle

Unless you have the specific part number for the colour you seek, you might have to scour a few breakers' yards in the hope of finding an undamaged one there.

Good luck. :)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2018, 08:38:32 am »
Buy whatever colour engine case you can get, get yourself down to a large Halfords (There are other motor factors) and spend a while finding the nearest match rattle paint can to it .
Or alternately look on eGay and find a can, If its not an exact match spend an hour de-greasing and rubbing down the other side engine case and spray that one the same. :thumbup

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2018, 09:37:06 am »
Or just buy a black one for the other side? I'm assuming its just the covers that are Olive and not the whole engine?

Dustydes

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fzr1000 exup street fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2018, 07:19:53 pm »

Take an already painted part to a paint supplier like RS they can colour match it for you and put paint in a rattle can.
Its a bit costly but will match.