Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Wheel removal

(1/1)

Bazza123:
Hello all
Going to be taking the wheels out for some new tyres - can anyone advise on socket size for both front and rear please. Is it necessary to hold a socket/spanner on both sides of the rear spindle when doing back up?

Thanks

fazersharp:

--- Quote from: Bazza123 on 26 February 2020, 11:21:45 am ---Hello all
Going to be taking the wheels out for some new tyres - can anyone advise on socket size for both front and rear please. Is it necessary to hold a socket/spanner on both sides of the rear spindle when doing back up?
hanks

--- End quote ---
I have never needed a second socket. But a torque wrench is a must unless you have got the feel of an engineer.

darrsi:
When refitting the front wheel, you wanna pack the left side of the wheel centre with thick grease, and you MUST line up the lugs of the Speedo Rotor Sensor correctly.
Easy mistake not to do it, but with no speedo and £30 odd a few days later you will learn not to do it again.
It's fiddly getting the front wheel back on but once you realize what's going on it gets much simpler.

darrsi:
On a side note, there's even a small chance that it could break on removal if it's an original, so bear that in mind.
I think the newer ones were made in a more robust material.

fazersharp:
Here's mine which was broke when i took it out. it still worked so i put it back. i think it was a a past tyre change monkey wot done it. http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=24814.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version