Date: 19-04-24  Time: 15:29 pm

Author Topic: the road that fazers were made for.  (Read 1811 times)

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
the road that fazers were made for.
« on: 08 September 2016, 05:26:49 pm »
yes foccers after reading all the touring camping exploits lately I suddenly and unexpectedly foung myself with three days off and the barometer was set fair. With no further ado i loaded up the mighty thou and took off in the general direction of America. Wales got in the way so i pitched the tent at llandovery. After plumbing in the kitchen sink i slipped up the A482 to Aberaeron and on to one of my favourite places Newquay for a spot of dolphin watching and some chips.Not a sniff of a dolphin so back the way i came to my palacial tent.270 miles. Next morning after tea and bacon roll at the westend cafe i was off up the 483( the road fazers were made for) up to just past oswestry and on to the A5 to Llangolen and the horseshoe pass.Spot of lunch at the ponderrosa and on to Bala the Dolleguululasdfwhatever its called then Mycin whatever that place is called and the 487 down to Abberystwyth for icecream and on to Aberaeron and the 482 back to Llandovery.245 miles of heaven as long as i dont get a speeding ticket. Woken by rain at 5 am that of course didnt stop so packed up my wet palacial tent and  cruised back on the A40 as far as Oxford and down to sunny Bracknell. 697 miles all in and my arse is killing me. The gen 2 is not such a comfy mile muncher.Sorry no pics cos im a luddite and my kids werent there to help.Just to reiterate the A483 is a marvel and if mother Terresa can be a saint the it should be knighted.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: the road that fazers were made for.
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2016, 05:49:28 pm »
well done Bri  :thumbup

BTW it's a dolphin's loss, ungrateful fish munchers  :lol
« Last Edit: 08 September 2016, 05:53:08 pm by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2016, 06:29:20 pm »
Our paths might have crossed. I was based at Betws-y-coed for a few days riding the roads of Wales with two others. Also had lunch at the Ponderosa Cafe, that was on Tuesday. Most of the roads were quieter than I had expected, probably because the school hols are over. Even the morning mist didn't detract from the pleasure.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2016, 06:48:02 pm »
I am heading up to the Oakley Arms (North Wales?)to meet up with a group of mates from the SX forum  on the 22nd September. I know all the roads you mention as I used to live on Wirral so a stones throw for me then. I will be travelling a wee bit further than the Wirral this time though. SW France, stop with a mate in Basildon for a night then on up to the Oakley arms, we are staying in cottages owned by the Oakley arms. Should be fun 15 of us, let's hope the weather Gods are good.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 September 2016, 07:09:51 pm »
Staying at Llandovery you missed out some of the best roads and some amazing scenery over to the west coast. Give us a shout if you're down this way again and I'll show you around.  :thumbup
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 September 2016, 08:13:58 pm »
Will do Grayo. the 482 via Lampeter is a good road, it was getting dark on the way back and a bit scary for us old gits used to street lights. Ill definately be back but i think b and b is the future.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2016, 07:07:48 pm »
Just checking over the bike today, re-fitting the scaffolding/Shad soft luggage pannier carriers, a wee tweak on the chain adjustment and general look over the bike. Looking forward to getting away. SW France , La Sauvetat du Dropt to Calais/Dover then stop over with a mate in Basildon overnight. Meet up with a few more friends next day and head up to N Wales.Should be about 15 of us.All I need is the weather gods to smile.As a rule I try and avoid the toll roads.
Wish me luck, long old trip on your own, still at 68 I have feck all else to do now with my time. :)
« Last Edit: 15 September 2016, 08:00:56 pm by lew600fazer »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2016, 07:55:48 pm »
Have  good trip, young'un. Ride safe.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 September 2016, 10:33:12 pm »
Decent weather window so heading off a day early for the weekend meet up in N Wales. Might as well enjoy the beautiful country that France is. If anyone spots a fat bastard on a Spanish registered MT09 say hello 

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 September 2016, 06:32:16 pm »
If you are using the A49 Hereford,Leominster Ludlow then you pass my door,,,if I am in you welcome to Tea lads
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.