Date: 16-04-24  Time: 18:36 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 647973 times)

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1400 on: 30 April 2017, 11:04:19 pm »
Management, can't post what was said due to inflammatory topic but couldn't believe my focin ears. If she goes she goes. Focin Muppet thinks she can say anything and get away with it because of her position
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: 01 May 2017, 07:54:34 am »

Re: Dickhead HGV drivers
  A few weeks ago we were going through Elkesley on the A1. It's a 50 mph speed limit with cameras and occasionally police cars. The OH was driving and keeping to the speed limit in lane 1 with driver who were happy to risk a ticket going past in lane 2 and a Knobhead in a bloody great artic behind was trying to get into our boot 'encouraging' the wife to speed up a bit. She didn't. About 1/4 of a mile from the derestriction sign he forced his way into lane 2 and drove past, my wife pulled out to overtake the slower trucks ready to accelerate and this arsehole stayed in the outside lane at about 45 mph for about 5 miles cos we'd slowed him down through the 50mph speed limit. They think they own the bloody road.

All that driving sends them stir crazy I reckon.

I hate that 'Holier-Than-Thou' and bullying attitude some of them have.

I stick to the speed limit rigidly through those sorts of places and they can sit as close as they like to my bumper, I ain't foccin speeding up  :thumbup

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: 01 May 2017, 09:52:45 am »
I stick to the speed limit rigidly through those sorts of places and they can sit as close as they like to my bumper, I ain't foccin speeding up

The closer anyone sits behind me the slower I go. If a suitable stop point arrives I calmly walk to the vehicle behind and ask very politely if they wouldn't mind not driving so close.
is it clean enough?

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #1403 on: 09 May 2017, 03:04:50 pm »
Dickhead HGV drivers.

Going up to London, approaching the Hindhead Tunnel, the traffic is all backed up and a 40mph limit is in effect, so I'm filtering up through it as always and I've just got most of the way past an artic when he starts indicating right and begins to try to push into Lane 2 because, up ahead, the sign for Lane 1 has a red X on it.

I brake, because I don't want him pulling over on me and I'm looking up at him in his mirror, he's waving and effing and blinding because I'm stopping him from moving over.

WTF? If he had a) checked his mirror before starting to manoeuvre or b) would wait about five seconds more, the vehicle on my right would move up, I could get past and he could move in, everyone wins.

But, no, he seems to want me to stop, let 40 feet of trailer go by and *then* proceed! Bugger that.

So I stay where I am, wait for the vehicle on my right to move, slip through and carry on, giving the guy a wave (and not with one finger!) to which he responds by flashing his lights repeatedly and waving his hand about.

Whatever.

So I go past the red X lane closed and there's a matrix sign saying "Pedestrian in road" and maintaining the 40 limit.

Next lane sign, however, has both arrows green. "Hmm, ok," I think, "I could move over to Lane 1, but nobody else has. The sign could be a mistake, so I'll wait for the next one." The next one is also both green, so I move over even though pretty much everyone else is staying in Lane 2.

I say "pretty much everyone", because guess who I see coming up behind me...

Now it's still a 40 limit, I'm not going to risk a ticket because of this idiot trying to tailgate me, so I keep my speed down, just tweaking the throttle to keep far enough ahead of him.

Finally we get out of the tunnel and past the second average speed camera, I kick it down a couple of gears and "Goodbye, asshole!"

I hope he feels better...

only thing to note is those average speed cameras are front facing so wouldn't get a ticket .... unless they can cross reference them with the other carriageways' (well that's what I'm hoping as went through them bit fast other week!!)
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: 17 May 2017, 04:16:15 pm »
OAP's that can't detect that their car is rolling backwards towards yours at traffic lights and then stick their fingers up when you blast the horn to warn them before they smash the front of your car up.

Foccin idiots.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: 18 May 2017, 07:36:03 am »
OAP's that can't detect that their car is rolling backwards towards yours at traffic lights and then stick their fingers up when you blast the horn to warn them before they smash the front of your car up.

Foccin idiots.
As an OAP myself I agree entirely-perhaps some form of periodic driving capability test for us senior citizens?. I would add however that there are many other drivers of all age groups who cannot hold their vehicle stationary at eg traffic lights on an incline-after all this is classed as a serious error in the driving test which would be an automatic fail.
My other pet hates are the continued use of mobiles & other distracting devices in vehicle-even by so called "professional" drivers like LGV & PSV. I beleive the only deterrent would be an automatic 12 month disqualification. Similarly for use of alcohol/drugs. If the politicians are so concerned about RTCs why dont they do something positive to ease the carnage on the roads.
And dont get me started on F****n Brexit & General Elections :eek

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: 18 May 2017, 08:12:19 am »
What is it about a top box and bananas?!

I can put in a couple of unripe ones, commute to work with them in the box and when I take them out its as if they are over ripe..... browning, often with bruises etc.  I have tried wrapping them, putting them in another box...  At first I thought they were rattling around etc but after wrapping them (even individually) I wonder if it is acoustic related.

Intentionally left blank

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: 18 May 2017, 08:19:13 am »

My other pet hates are the continued use of mobiles & other distracting devices

mobile phones are bad enough but it's the vape device people that I find just as bad. It's bad enough that they look like they are sucking off C3-P0 from Star Wars but they spend more time focused on acting like a steam train than they do focusing on where they are fecking going, nearly got smashed into this morning because he filled the car with thick vaper he couldn't see out of his front screen 'FOCCING BELLEND'.
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: 18 May 2017, 08:22:03 am »

Foccin idiots.

As an OAP myself I agree entirely-perhaps some form of periodic driving capability test for us senior citizens?. I would add however that there are many other drivers of all age groups who cannot hold their vehicle stationary at eg traffic lights on an incline-after all this is classed as a serious error in the driving test which would be an automatic fail.
My other pet hates are the continued use of mobiles & other distracting devices in vehicle-even by so called "professional" drivers like LGV & PSV. I beleive the only deterrent would be an automatic 12 month disqualification. Similarly for use of alcohol/drugs. If the politicians are so concerned about RTCs why dont they do something positive to ease the carnage on the roads.

Check this http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rare-anti-road-rage-moment-10354727

If only but it would have been a different story if she'd hot her............. 
Later

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: 18 May 2017, 08:45:41 am »

Foccin idiots.

Check this http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rare-anti-road-rage-moment-10354727

If only but it would have been a different story if she'd hot her.............

I had a very near miss where I ended up calming down the driver that tried to wipe me out.

This old driver decided to overtake a car on the inside of a 90 degree bend, luckily for me I saw it coming, I had to sit on the white line through the turn, lean enough to get round but miss both cars coming head on. Not a situation you want to find yourself in. I stopped, turned around and found this old man stood on the side of the road shaking so violently I figured there was no point having a go, he new he'd come so close to taking me out through his lack of observation.

Bet he never overtook on that bend again
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: 18 May 2017, 06:09:57 pm »
People who NEVER bother to get their eyes tested(i say smugly having been for my 2 yearly test today) Have a friend who is an Optometrist who says he can hardly believe how some of the people whose eyes he tests are in "control" of a motor vehicle. Sadly the person whose least likely to recognise diminishing ability etc is the same one who continues against family/friends advice to get behind the wheel., and will only stop when something serious happens.
As motorcyclists we all know how we need the sense of vision just like those WW2 fighter pilots who had to continually scan the sky. I wear rimless glasses-have done for years-since they provide the best peripheral vision.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: 18 May 2017, 06:12:27 pm »

As motorcyclists we all know how we need the sense of vision just like those WW2 fighter pilots who had to continually scan the sky. I wear rimless glasses-have done for years-since they provide the best peripheral vision.
Yep I have a pair of rimless just for use on the bike, and another pair of semi rimmed for all other use
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: 18 May 2017, 09:11:29 pm »

Foccin idiots.

Yeah you're right, it's not age specific.

It was the horrible witch flicking the V's that was the most shocking thing. I thought all old people were supposed to be nice :rolleyes

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: 19 May 2017, 08:00:56 am »

Foccin idiots.

Yeah you're right, it's not age specific.

It was the horrible witch flicking the V's that was the most shocking thing. I thought all old people were supposed to be nice :rolleyes
Some of us use Victor Meldrew as our role model :lol

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: 19 May 2017, 01:06:18 pm »
No, they just expect everyone else to be nice to them :lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: 19 May 2017, 01:19:47 pm »

I can put in a couple of unripe ones, commute to work with them in the box and when I take them out its as if they are over ripe..... browning, often with bruises etc.  I have tried wrapping them, putting them in another box...  At first I thought they were rattling around etc but after wrapping them (even individually) I wonder if it is acoustic related.

That struck a chord when i read that, i put a totally yellow banana into carrier bag with my lunch, which then sits on top of some other gloves and my wetproofs in my top box, so it's on a soft base, and sure enough by the time i get to work it looks like it's been ripening in a fruit bowl for over a week.
How odd?  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: 19 May 2017, 03:01:52 pm »

That struck a chord when i read that, i put a totally yellow banana into carrier bag with my lunch, which then sits on top of some other gloves and my wetproofs in my top box, so it's on a soft base, and sure enough by the time i get to work it looks like it's been ripening in a fruit bowl for over a week.
How odd?  :lol

Its because bananas produce ethylene gas which is something to do with the riipenng process,  if they are in an enclosed space then there is no air for the gas to be diluted in so it causes the banana to ripen very quickly.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: 19 May 2017, 05:19:15 pm »

Its because bananas produce ethylene gas which is something to do with the riipenng process,  if they are in an enclosed space then there is no air for the gas to be diluted in so it causes the banana to ripen very quickly.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: 19 May 2017, 05:20:58 pm »
The same as if you keep bananas in the fridge.The skin will ripen but the inside of the banana is ok.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: 19 May 2017, 10:12:52 pm »
The same as if you keep bananas in the fridge.The skin will ripen but the inside of the banana is ok.

Talking about half an hour journey though!!!

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: 19 May 2017, 11:06:41 pm »

Bananas ripen faster when wrapped in anything, the reason is they generate Carbon Dioxide CO2 which causes them to turn brown. If you have to put them in any kind of container make sure it is well ventilated.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: 20 May 2017, 08:22:30 am »
Yeah I get what you are saying but as mentioned the time period is too short for that to make a difference. I can have my lunch packed in a sealed Tupperware box overnight and the 'nana won't ripen significantly. 45 mins in the top box and it overripens. 

Maybe it's the sonic booms, my bike is red after all...
Intentionally left blank

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: 20 May 2017, 09:37:55 am »
Maybe bananas don't like going to work. Try buying a banana at work, then see what it's like when you get home :lol .
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: 20 May 2017, 11:04:08 am »
Yeah I get what you are saying but as mentioned the time period is too short for that to make a difference. I can have my lunch packed in a sealed Tupperware box overnight and the 'nana won't ripen significantly. 45 mins in the top box and it overripens. 

More like its road rage at your riding...... :lol
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: 20 May 2017, 11:27:06 am »

My journey averages 30 minutes, but my bike is black so that would explain the ripening time difference.  :lol