Date: 19-04-24  Time: 00:03 am

Author Topic: Gen 2 clutch lever actuation force  (Read 777 times)

FZ1obp

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Husaberg TE300
    • View Profile
Gen 2 clutch lever actuation force
« on: 25 May 2017, 01:36:12 pm »
Need some views/advice please:
My Gen 2 has done 48,000 miles commuting and the clutch cable was quite stretched, so bought what was described as a super slippery one from Wemoto. Eventually changed the cable after being a bit ditzy (think I was tired ā€“ see earlier post) and although the new cable was a lot smoother out of the bike compared to the new one the actuation on the lever is still reasonably stiff compared to say my mates ā€™04 R1.

Cable route seems ok etc as per the old one that came out.

Any ideas or solutions please ā€“ I tend to ride using 2 fingers for each lever and also slip the clutch as Iā€™m also used to riding 2 strokes off road (ok these have hydraulic clutches)...
A bit lower force would be good to have and my finger joints might last a bit longer!
« Last Edit: 25 May 2017, 01:37:27 pm by FZ1obp »

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 2 clutch lever actuation force
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2017, 06:37:05 pm »
I find the clutch on my FZ1s quite easy to operate and I am a two finger man ( ! ) as well.
Try disconnecting the cable at both ends and then pull it forward and backward, if it is still stiff then the cable is not routed correctly.
Also take the clutch lever off and clean up the pivot pin and pivot pin hole and put a light smear of grease on them.

FZ1obp

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Husaberg TE300
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 2 clutch lever actuation force
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2017, 09:02:33 pm »
Thanks Slappy - I'll check as you suggest; did think I'd got the routing ok :)
The new cable was super smooth out of the bike so think that you are probably right!

Cheers and have a good weekend.