Date: 28-03-24  Time: 20:06 pm

Author Topic: Pigeons  (Read 1674 times)

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
Pigeons
« on: 01 May 2020, 11:17:10 am »
Great this
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Pigeons
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2020, 12:54:01 pm »
Seagulls too!
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2020, 09:07:38 pm »
I was always scared of doing that with the swans that had a habit of flying across the M3 at head height near Thorpe Park.
Fortunately the worst helmet strike I had was only a collared dove, but even that was a nasty moment.
Particularly for the dove.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2020, 09:39:01 pm »
Yes it happens to me all the time it seems, I think he was trying to duck ( not a joke)  :lol
 It happens to me so much that if one flys across me when I am in the car - I still automatically duck. 
I almost snapped my spine once, a perfect roundabout with great visibility enter and flick right - flick 1st left  just as a stupid pigeon comes at head height from my right - I duck and its one too many directions for my vertebra   :crazy   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2020, 09:51:53 pm »
It happens to me so much that if one flys across me when I am in the car - I still automatically duck.   :crazy

To slightly hijack this, I've got to ask..... am I the only one that occasionally nods at bikers while I'm driving the car 😳
My missus laughs her tits off when I'm driving then suddenly almost headbutt the side window when I see a bike 🤣

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2020, 09:56:47 pm »
It happens to me so much that if one flys across me when I am in the car - I still automatically duck.   :crazy

To slightly hijack this, I've got to ask..... am I the only one that occasionally nods at bikers while I'm driving the car 😳

Yes you are. Not like they are actually going to see you-  and for me - I am not an automatic nodder so its not as instinctive like a pigeon duck   :lol
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 May 2020, 10:00:54 pm »

Yes you are. Not like they are actually going to see you-  and for me - I am not an automatic nodder so its not as instinctive like a pigeon duck   :lol

Oh I know they wont see me... it's just instinctive 🤣🤣

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 May 2020, 11:19:48 am »
Hit a pigeon once going slight Faster than I should have been
 Feck did it hurt  nearly lost the bike ( not my Fazer) just held on to the handle bars with my finger tips

It flew straight into to me Head on , I had a bruise across my chest for days, and it was a good 1/2 hour before I was able to breath properly and ride the rest of the way to work

The pigeon sat there at the side of the road for 30 seconds then flew off !

I would not recommend trying it !

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 May 2020, 01:47:47 pm »
 Feck did it hurt  nearly lost the bike ( not my Fazer) just held on to the handle bars with my finger tips

It flew straight into to me Head on , I had a bruise across my chest for days, and it was a good 1/2 hour before I was able to breath properly and ride the rest of the way to work

It seems Wood Pigeons are one of those species that has prospered in recent years, now likely the most common garden bird. Great piles of pigeon shite under most lamp posts around here, most mornings I have to hose down the patios to wash it away. I used to shoot the foccers, along with the grey tree rats, but my family thought it cruel. The biggest problem was disposing of the corpses

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 May 2020, 03:17:49 pm »

Agricola  I'm sure your local fox rescue centre would have taken them off your hands

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: 04 May 2020, 07:08:30 pm »

Agricola  I'm sure your local fox rescue centre would have taken them off your hands

Those ginger gits should be shot too.

I have had the brake pipes and ABS cables on my van chewed through by them, brake pipe on my wifes car and a few neighbours cars

Luckily, brake fluid poisoning got to that particular ginger git before I did and he didnt train his cubs how to do it

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 May 2020, 08:42:20 pm »

Those ginger gits should be shot too.

I have had the brake pipes and ABS cables on my van chewed through by them, brake pipe on my wifes car and a few neighbours cars

Luckily, brake fluid poisoning got to that particular ginger git before I did and he didnt train his cubs how to do it

Are you sure that's foxes? Have you not just really pissed someone off 🤣🤣

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #12 on: 05 May 2020, 09:29:43 am »
Are you sure that's foxes? Have you not just really pissed someone off 🤣🤣

It was definitely a fox. Several people in the area had issues.. You could see the teethmarks on the pipes and cables where they had been chewed. I didn't realise how common it was until it started happening round here. That was a few years ago though and since I found a dead fox at the back of my garden, nobody has had an issue since. There are still plenty of the ginger gits about but none of them have a taste for brake fluid.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 May 2020, 07:48:06 pm »

It seems Wood Pigeons are one of those species that has prospered in recent years, now likely the most common garden bird. Great piles of pigeon shite under most lamp posts around here, most mornings I have to hose down the patios to wash it away. I used to shoot the foccers, along with the grey tree rats, but my family thought it cruel. The biggest problem was disposing of the corpses

The biggest problem was disposing of the corpses!!   Don't you have an oven?   jeez I hate waste

A pigeon in the shoulder does hurt
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)