Date: 28-03-24  Time: 08:36 am

Author Topic: Autonomous vehicles survey  (Read 5758 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Autonomous vehicles survey
« Reply #25 on: 31 January 2020, 10:40:16 am »
You forgot to add the infinite monkey cage to his CV, I am guessing Wikipedia didn't have that info for you to cut and paste. That's all you did with the info I gave you about Horizon 2020 you just googled it and went straight to their propaganda page and cut and pasted how they describe themselves. # Lazy.
I would hazard a bet that you never even knew about it, I wonder if anyone reading this knew about this EU department with an 180billion budget   

And Its far from the streamlined efficient "under one roof" glorious EU department that you describe it as.Its one gigantic talking shop with 100's of layers of lifelong Eurocrats busy thinking up ways to justifi their own jobs. 
And that's one of the problems with the EU commission- its a massive gravy train with an endless pot of cash from all the mugs who pay into it. 
Horizion 2020  ----
  • an enabler for reaching key objectives
  • institution-wide deliverables
  • multiannual Strategic Plan to prepare the content in the work programmes
  • :rolleyes
« Last Edit: 31 January 2020, 10:58:59 am by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 31 January 2020, 10:55:25 am »

Cox studied physics at the University of Manchester. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree with first-class honours and a Master of Philosophy degree in physics.

He completed his Doctor of Philosophy degree in high-energy particle physics at the University of Manchester.

His thesis, Double Diffraction Dissociation at Large Momentum Transfer was based on research he did on the H1 experiment at the Hadron Elektron Ring Anlage (HERA) particle accelerator at the DESY laboratory in Hamburg, Germany.

Cox is a Royal Society University Research Fellow, a PPARC Advanced Fellow, and particle physicist at the University of Manchester and he works on the ATLAS experiment at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN.

He is working on the research and development project of the FP420 experiment in an international collaboration to upgrade the ATLAS and the Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS) experiment by installing additional, smaller detectors at a distance of 420 metres from the interaction points of the main experiments.

Cox has co-authored several books on physics including Why does E=mc2?[38] and The Quantum Universe, both with Jeff Forshaw.

Now we know why Remain lost. He was too busy to put his telescope down for 5 minutes and go out to vote ;)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 31 January 2020, 03:13:58 pm »
Remain didn't lose. It was stolen.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 31 January 2020, 04:10:25 pm »

Best report that then. I wouldn't leave it too long tho ;)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 31 January 2020, 07:40:50 pm »

Yet I still want to punch that perma-grin off his face every time he’s on TV or radio...

Ah the joys of foc-u. :rolleyes

A member tries to start a discussion on autonomous vehicles, and what do you get?
A whole load of bitching, bile and somebody wanting to punch foc out of a high profile professor. :eek
What a nasty place this has become. :(

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 31 January 2020, 08:57:04 pm »
Lets all make up over a bevvie or 2 :) . See you at the pub 11pm tonight. The drinks are on me :thumbup .

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 February 2020, 12:00:34 am »
Ah the joys of foc-u.
A member tries to start a discussion on autonomous vehicles, and what do you get?A whole load of bitching, bile and somebody wanting to punch foc out of a high profile professor.  What a nasty place this has become. 

I think you'll find they are boycotting the other Brexit thread, so are spreading their anti EU crap elsewhere  :rolleyes

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 February 2020, 08:13:17 am »

"...Remain didn't lose..."

WAKEY WAKEY sunshine.......YES, THEY DID LOSE.  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Why would you even consider embarrassing yourself by saying something like that? That's just insane!
It's the same as saying "I didn't lose the race, it's just that everyone else finished in front of me.  :groan
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01 February 2020, 08:16:06 am »
Yet I still want to punch that perma-grin off his face every time he’s on TV or radio...

A member tries to start a discussion on autonomous vehicles, and what do you get?
A whole load of bitching, bile and somebody wanting to punch foc out of a high profile professor. :eek

Excuse me?
You're normally at the forefront of all the nastiness, i can't believe you had the gall to say that?  :eek

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 February 2020, 09:41:58 am »

"...Remain didn't lose..."

WAKEY WAKEY sunshine.......YES, THEY DID LOSE.  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Why would you even consider embarrassing yourself by saying something like that? That's just insane!
It's either that or sour grapes ;)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01 February 2020, 09:47:46 am »

Excuse me?
You're normally at the forefront of all the nastiness, i can't believe you had the gall to say that?  :eek
Yeah I nearly fainted onto my keyboard when I first read that post :eek :eek :eek
Then I realised it must be ironic :lol :lol :lol

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01 February 2020, 10:00:17 am »

Excuse me?
Yes, but in his head he’s always on the moral high ground. He’s never found anyone irritating enough to resort to hyperbole. :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01 February 2020, 12:15:47 pm »

Says the man who's username is

• V - Very
  • N - Nasty
  • A - Andy

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01 February 2020, 12:25:33 pm »
Excuse me?
You're normally at the forefront of all the nastiness, i can't believe you had the gall to say that? 
Excuse me, can you back up your statement?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 01 February 2020, 12:30:43 pm »

I think you'll find they are boycotting the other Brexit thread, so are spreading their anti EU crap elsewhere  :rolleyes
Yep you are right - I will no longer add EU related stuff here either. Because Its all over you lost - time to move on. Even Gina Miller has said time to move on and Tony Blair has agreed its all over and has said “Brexit is happening, and our attitude now should be to strive to make the best of it; to approach it with determined optimism",
All other remainers should do the same.
There was however one final act of submission to the EU that the UK had to abide by and it was leaving at 11pm -- because that was 12 midnight EU time, we should of left at 12pm GMT -Its our focing clock anyway :D

Done - goodbye.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01 February 2020, 01:35:31 pm »

All other remainers should do the same.
Well no.

Only two of the four countries that make up the UK voted to leave.  In Scotland we have now been dragged out of the EU against our will.  It’s not something we are just going to go “oh well England fucked us there – but hey let’s just suck it up and move on….”  I don’t think so.

BREXIT is a foc up and yes it is happening, but we ain’t ever gonna accept it or like it.

As for it all being over, this is the beginning of the main negotiation, the beginning of BREXIT – article 50 – now having been completed.  The Tories have only a few months now to avoid a devastating NO DEAL BREXIT.

Meanwhile we await the next UK economic figures, the previous figures showed the UK’s economy at a standstill.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01 February 2020, 02:26:06 pm »
.Remain didn't lose..."
WAKEY WAKEY sunshine.......YES, THEY DID LOSE.     

Because 'we'  lost in 2016, but won in 2019.  :b

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01 February 2020, 03:10:32 pm »
Excuse me?
You're normally at the forefront of all the nastiness, i can't believe you had the gall to say that? 

I'm gonna take that as a (bad) joke!!!

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01 February 2020, 03:18:22 pm »
In Scotland we have now been dragged out of the EU against our will.  It’s not something we are just going to go “oh well England fucked us there – but hey let’s just suck it up and move on….”  I don’t think so.

BREXIT is a foc up and yes it is happening, but we ain’t ever gonna accept it or like it.

In the absence of a second Scottish Independence referendum I'm afraid you'll have to, and after the way the SNP behaved trying to overturn the biggest democratic mandate in UK electoral history, if I was PM I'd be minded to never offer them another indy vote ever again :)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01 February 2020, 03:34:37 pm »
I'll take that as NO.
So shut the foc up ya fud. :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 01 February 2020, 03:41:45 pm »

In the absence of a second Scottish Independence referendum I'm afraid you'll have to, and after the way the SNP behaved trying to overturn the biggest democratic mandate in UK electoral history, if I was PM I'd be minded to never offer them another indy vote ever again

Indeed, know your place Scotland, do as you are told, suck it up and get over it.
Aye, that’ll work well. :lol

There is next to no chance of Indyref2 this year, and nobody in their right mind would want to go there this year.

But next year we have the parliamentary elections.  Whilst the SNP are not without their difficulties, I do not see at this time any serious opposition or alternative.  Plus many are rightly pissed off and are demanding big change.

Whilst there is right now a majority in parliament in favour of Indyref2, the SNP have, if they play their cards right,  the opportunity to do the impossible twice and win an overall majority in the parliament.  At that point Johnson would have to concede – Indyref2 would be all but inevitable. 

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 01 February 2020, 03:48:48 pm »
I'll take that as NO.
So shut the foc up ya fud. :lol

For me to prove you wrong (why i need to though, i really don't know? :rolleyes ) would involve me having to read your posts again.
I think not, they were bad enough the first time.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2020, 03:50:23 pm by darrsi »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01 February 2020, 04:05:03 pm »
For me to prove you wrong (why i need to though, i really don't know? :rolleyes ) would involve me having to read your posts again.

Exactly, you’d have to troll through all my posts to try find something really outrageous and nasty – good luck with that.  That’s because you can’t think of anything off the top of your head – nothing stands out.  Because the truth is you just find it difficult to accept that others may hold opinions that differ from those of your own.  And of course, in often being unable to address the substance you choose instead to attack and/or slate the individual. 

And here we are, certain foc-u members can’t put down their small minded, discriminatory, extreme right wing views for one minute to discuss, what will be to some extent or other inevitable - autonomous vehicles.  Which surely you would think that as motorcyclists we might just be a little interested in.

Yeah instead, lets have a bigoted intolerant rant including the desire to physically assault anybody we may find irritating.  Foc-u indeed.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01 February 2020, 04:30:45 pm »

Exactly, you’d have to troll through all my posts to try find something really outrageous and nasty – good luck with that.  That’s because you can’t think of anything off the top of your head – nothing stands out.  Because the truth is you just find it difficult to accept that others may hold opinions that differ from those of your own.  And of course, in often being unable to address the substance you choose instead to attack and/or slate the individual. 

And here we are, certain foc-u members can’t put down their small minded, discriminatory, extreme right wing views for one minute to discuss, what will be to some extent or other inevitable - autonomous vehicles.  Which surely you would think that as motorcyclists we might just be a little interested in.

Yeah instead, lets have a bigoted intolerant rant including the desire to physically assault anybody we may find irritating.  Foc-u indeed.

I find your post quite offensive.

There you go, saves me looking  :rollin

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01 February 2020, 04:51:08 pm »
1. Abandon the purpose built Brexit thread
2. Find an innocuous thread on something bike related
3. Make pointless statements blaming the EU for something vaguely related
4. Wait for a response
5. Express outrage at the response
6. Repeat 4 and 5 continuously

It's called 'baiting'  :rolleyes