Date: 29-03-24  Time: 13:43 pm

Author Topic: LOFO whizz to Loomies this Sunday.  (Read 2801 times)

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
LOFO whizz to Loomies this Sunday.
« on: 13 October 2017, 05:10:49 pm »
Just a heads up. Anyone fancying a whizz down to Loomies this Sunday(15th),I'll be at Box Hill Rykas around 10ish, to leave at 10:30. Weather forecast dry and a bit cloudy.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: LOFO whizz to Loomies this Sunday.
« Reply #1 on: 14 October 2017, 09:18:56 am »
Hi ROBBO....talk of some tropical storm hitting the country this weekend , some crazy temperature s been mentioned but also strong winds and heavy rain none on the bbc forcast though

stafford classic bike show this weekend , was thinking of going there on sunday , if plans change I might come and join you down south.....either way , have a good safe ride......
« Last Edit: 14 October 2017, 09:35:01 am by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 October 2017, 09:38:57 am »
Thanks Red,
Enjoy your day, whatever you decide on. I was surprised no mention of severe weather down south as there's expected ferry disruption on Monday, so I've been told.
« Last Edit: 14 October 2017, 09:47:14 am by robbo »

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 October 2017, 08:39:18 pm »
Gonna be nice tomorrow - especially in the Brands Hatch area - then pee down and howling winds on Monday.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2017, 07:27:21 am »
Morning ROBBO...based on HUGH MUNGUS 's weather report " gonna be nice tomorrow " ive decided to go to the stafford show .

have a good day on the A272 , I look forward to seeing your piccies later.... :pokefun    :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 October 2017, 07:34:33 am »
Red,you're a cruel man :lol .How would you like them. Black and white or sepia.I'm getting an inferiority complex about my lack of computer skills........but I won't let it bother me. Enjoy Stafford :thumbup

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 October 2017, 07:53:47 am »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin ROBBO , no matter how bad your computer skills are , trust me , they are not as bad as mine  :lol
posting piccies is easy if your posting from the device that holds the piccie , i use my phone , just use the "additional options " button just below the box where your typed text is and follow simple steps , you wont believe how easy it is....

cant believe me of all people is giving out tech advice   :eek  remember , dont believe everything you read on the web   :lol

have a goodun buddy   :thumbup

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 October 2017, 12:34:38 pm »
:rollin :rollin :rollin ROBBO , no matter how bad your computer skills are , trust me , they are not as bad as mine  :lol
posting piccies is easy if your posting from the device that holds the piccie , i use my phone , just use the "additional options " button just below the box where your typed text is and follow simple steps , you wont believe how easy it is....

cant believe me of all people is giving out tech advice   :eek  remember , dont believe everything you read on the web   :lol

have a goodun buddy   :thumbup

12-45pm A quick squirt to Loomies see if any one (Fockers) is there, might be too late though.
« Last Edit: 15 October 2017, 02:14:45 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 October 2017, 03:04:23 pm »
Well just got back from Loomies did not stay long as they had run out of mugs and could not do the washing up fast enough, so did not stay long 'WHAT NO TEA' :eek
Did see a Fazer 1Kand a couple of MT's and a old yammy stroker or two, pretty little CB 200, and a big MV Dragster 800 Looked very good/different (Bit white and Pink) sounded shite when it started up and left though.
Chatted with a guy who has a Black and Chrome BSA 350 Goldie that he had just purchased £17K (FFS) Single leading shoe front and back brake, just as well it only does about 80, :rolleyes  bloody nice looking bike though, sounded nice too.

Chatted with a girl (Ninja) No her bike was a Ninja not her, you thinking of Minger, and that was not her either, her 22 y/o son is riding through India at the moment after touring with some mates right through the Asian continent, her son is riding a Honda Africa.

The A272 had been closed the police they had it barricaded from West Meon Hut traffic lights towards Winchester, hope no bikers were the reason. :'(

Nice afternoon, I had not intended going out on the bike anymore as she had been winterised, but thought I would as some Fockers were hoping to get to Loomies, but never mind it was a nice fast ride both ways had a good blast with a guy on a Rizla Kwacker on the way down managed to keep with him, was just about within my comfort zone.

Tried for a chase with a Bandit on the way home but he did want to play, I gave him a nod double not while waiting for the lights to change in out favour but he ignored he (I'm used to that the wife does the same) so I gunned it way from the lights but he did not follow, though I would give it one last try so slowed down and waited for him, gave him the thumbs up dropped it 2 and gassed it, to no avail he was not going to play.

Any way had a really fast ride back on A275 and gave it large on the A3.
Nice ride, quite exciting I haven't ridden like that in a while.

Checked the bike over while it was cooling down before I could put her to bed and found a panel pin in the back tyre luckily it had gone to the surface of the tyre at an angle and the point was sticking back out of the tyre in one of the tread wells = no puncture.
A few pics from Loomies today.

« Last Edit: 15 October 2017, 03:06:27 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 October 2017, 03:11:54 pm »
Holy shit looking at my chain in the last post it looks as rusty a F--k, but its not. Strange  :'(

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 October 2017, 04:11:38 pm »
Cleaned again and ready for bed   :lol   until Spring 2018 :'(

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 October 2017, 04:55:05 pm »
Saw you taking the pic of your bike.Was sat at the table next to the guy in the hi viz in your pic.By the time I'd finished feeding my face you'd gone.Recognised your bike by the 59 club sticker.......maybe catch you next time.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 October 2017, 05:11:24 pm »
Saw you taking the pic of your bike.Was sat at the table next to the guy in the hi viz in your pic.By the time I'd finished feeding my face you'd gone.Recognised your bike by the 59 club sticker.......maybe catch you next time.

Okies mate, glad someone else did show, even if we didn't chat, maybe another time.
Was the A272 open Winchester Direction when you left?
Lot of bikes there when I first got there thinned down a bit by the time I left.
Oh! did you see the 350 Goldie? Sweet.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 October 2017, 08:36:56 pm »
The A272 west bound still had the two bike cops blocking the road when we left.I didn't get to see the Beeza other than through the caff window as it was chow time :) .

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 October 2017, 09:07:55 pm »
The A272 west bound still had the two bike cops blocking the road when we left.I didn't get to see the Beeza other than through the caff window as it was chow time :) .
ok