Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

TFT Dash for the Fazer 1000 / FZ1

<< < (2/35) > >>

tex:
This looks brilliant, is that a gear indicater or just neutral light

DJDLTD:
Thanks all. I've been experimenting with mounting options today. Here's another video of the display mounted nicely onto the stock bracket:

https://youtu.be/EisHiCFwlZo

LOL very true about max speed - it's not saved and only records the maximum speed for the current trip. It gets cleared once the ignition is off. Only things that are saved
are:

Odo
Trip1, Trip2
Clock time is also maintained.
KM / MPH mode
Your chosen colour theme.

There is another set of information that is displayed when you press the select button which switches to another display so max speed is not shown :)

The neutral light turns into a gear indicator once you're moving. Gear indicator is calculated based on Speed & RPM. For this reason you'll have to specify your sprocket setup if you've moved from the stock setup - so it can accurately work out which gear you're in.

schlumpf:
That is very, very impressive! And I really can imagine how much time and effort went into this project to bring it to such perfection.

I'm working on my multi-gauge for more than a decade and always dreamed of such a brilliant solution. Therefore I'm very curious to learn more about the electronics behind. And maybe I can be of any help and share my learnings with you, to ease up your final work.

Just thinking loud, would it be possible to also add a kind of "Android Window" to run e.g. Google-Maps or maps.me? To have cockpit and navigation in a combined display?

windyg:
That looks really impressive

DJDLTD:
Many thanks! It really has been quite a challenging project with me wanting to throw it out the window and give up the whole thing on more than one occasion. I've had to refine my final schematic several times for different reasons and revise my PCB designs. I've got several final boards that are on their way to me so those hopefully should arrive next week. The electronics are actually not too complex being built around the ATmega microcontroller with several Voltage Divider circuits & Low Pass RC Filters for speed and rpm. Most of the work has been in the software - mostly coding up the firmware for the microcontroller & the software thats running on the Raspberry Pi for the high speed graphics and having these communicate reliably to one another.

I've thought about including Navigation and this will certainly be something I'd like to add in the future. My thoughts initially are around the way KTM have implemented this on their latest machines. You have an app on your phone which is communicating directional information to the Dashboard. So really it's your phone that's doing the navigation using a customised app and sending direction updates to the dashboard via bluetooth. This is certainly possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version