Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

TFT Dash for the Fazer 1000 / FZ1

<< < (27/35) > >>

Fazian:
Any news on a 2nd gen model yet?

CatalinU:

--- Quote from: Dudeofrude on 30 March 2020, 08:08:12 pm ---I'd be quite interested in a Gen 2 model but only if it were a lot smaller. I dont know if it's even be possible but I'd imagine one about 6-7inches across ( about the size of a galaxy s10 plus) as I feel for a naked bike the current one is way to big.
It works alright in a faired bike though so I'm probably just being finicky Haha
It's an amazing bit of tech either way you look at it 👍

--- End quote ---

Probably the small ones that are fitted with the new bikes would be too expensive and nobody will buy them

bald_pig:
Hey fella, another one for a 600 version, and +1for rearview cam input!

CatalinU:
So nothging new under the sun? Following this for some time, waiting to see if in the future will be a smaller ersion for this?

DJDLTD:
Hi guys - apologies for what seems to be longer and longer times between updates! It seems most of my time is now divided between work, building new TFT units for dispatch and then squeezing whatever time I have left to focus on updates.

The good thing is the next software update is in full swing and will be incorporating the following enhancements:

Corrected Voltage reading
Unit selection on Tyre Pressure / Engine Temp / Ambient temp
MPG units in Ltrs/100KM selection
Calibration of the Gear Indicator for more or less sensitivity
Additional control of when the FAN comes on after engine start

A few of you who've bought the recommended TPMS have noted that you're not getting readings from the later kits being shipped from Amazon. This is due to the manufacturer changing how they identify their sensors, so I'll be incorporating this change in the next update.

As always recommendations for enhancement are always welcome. A smaller version is also certainly possible but a bit of a way off yet. One of the issues I'm working to improve is the reboot after engine start - this is due to the momentary interruption of power to the unit, a number of options are possible - some of you have suggested that you'd like to hard wire the TFT unit direct to the battery, have been working on a smaller version of a 'UPS' module which will prevent this restart - will keep you informed on this one but essentially will be an additional module which would sit between the TFT Unit and the Bikes connection.

As always, any suggestions or queries do let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version